• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Arsenal Gossip

then...let just time goes on..i believe that he will stay...plz stop believing all these stupid rumour...

said that arsenal are going for ribery...-not true at all..

that's not quite correct.

arsenal were very interested in ribery and wenger wanted him but they couldn't or wouldn't get near the money bayern were offering for him.

that's not quite correct.

arsenal were very interested in ribery and wenger wanted him but they couldn't or wouldn't get near the money bayern were offering for him.

Yeah. Fraser is right. I heard that Wenger really wanted him the start of last season, even said he was a perfect player to replace Pires. But the board said, that they needed the money for the stadium.

Anyway, he has gone to Bayern. Henry spoke again today, he never says he will stay at the club. So, basically he is leaving the door open. Thats what he is doing!

Can sumbody tell me whats happening at Arsenal?

I remember about a year or so ago that Wenger was givin 30M if he wanted to buy players. Nothin eventuated from that apart from Hleb i think.

Now we dont have cash to spend on Ribery... whered all the money go?

Id rather see Wenger pay some inflated prices for a player like Ribery rather than continually buy people who have potential n crap like that. We have enuff of them players, so its time to invest in some established players like Ribery who are not already excellent but are only gonna get better!

IMO, we need a backup CB coz sorry but i dont rate Senderos. Also need a winger of some sort. I reckon our strikers are fine as long as there arent so many injuries like last season, but Defence and midfield need a slight shake up.

This take over, if it goes through, will either see Wenger immedietaly out the door or possiby sign a new contract. Also the same goes for Henry IMO. Neither Wenger or Henry want to stay as much as they did when David Dein left and this new board will either be a success or a complete mess.

I agree with you Julian, its about time Arsenal bought players with reputation and world class players rather then players with potential. If you dont then I see Spurs getting 4th next year :D

• 2 weeks later...

Vela,Babel,Tevez,Anelka and Forlan

If anyone is thinking about getting someone different on there Arsenal shirt this season make it be Vela!!

Vela was meant to return next January but Arsene Wenger has applied a work permit for him and will wear number 29 next season :D:D

also as many may know we have been heavily linked with Babel and Anelka but it seems only one of them maybe possible..Babel seems to want to stay at Ajax for another season..but Anelka seems to be on his way out of the Reebok hopefully back home to the Arsenal!!

anyway back to 2 other players...Tevez says he would love to play for Arsenal and i can imagine now Van Persie and Tevez against every back 4 in the Prem it could be devastating :P.

And Forlan was linked with us too but it seems he is on his way to Atletico Madrid as a replacement for Torres.

Anyways time will tell and all i hope is we sign one of these players!!

I agree with Vela Danny, I think its about time that Wenger used some of his youth strikers and although it could harm Arsenal's chances of winning the prem (which they wouldnt do anyway ;)) It would save them money and prove Wenger's long term plans for Arsenal to have been the right decisions.

Chances are he will leave this year, if not, defo next year at the end of his contract and IMO he needs to use these youngsters now or overall in the transfer's part of Arsenal he has been a complete flop. Selling, Viera, Henry etc and buying under 20's lol.

Next season he should defo give the following players a good 15+ games:

Hoyte

Denilson

Vela

Bendtner

Diaby

Traore

Other's like:

Djourou

Senderos

Clichy

Should already be first teamers already etc.

"arsenal have offered Eduardo Da Silva (90) a four year deal for an undisclosed fee. He will complete a medical upon agreeing a contract."

now i think eduardo silva looks a good player and had henry still been here i would have been excited by this signing but henry isnt here and so i think "thats the replacement?" but i dont know yet he mite turn out class but he might not

can someone who has seen him enough tell me about him?