Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

After watching Spurs in the prem and Man City two of the biggest clubs to spend this year I will be the first to say that is it even worth it?

I know its only 2 or 3 games in and clearly the players have to settle in and I am sure some will go on to do well. However at this moment in time it further proves that you don't need to spend 100+ mil to have a team.

You need to spend 100+ mil if you wanted a talented group of players. However that doesn't make a team.

I really fancy our chances tomorrow, I hope they don't let me down.

After watching Spurs in the prem and Man City two of the biggest clubs to spend this year I will be the first to say that is it even worth it?

I know its only 2 or 3 games in and clearly the players have to settle in and I am sure some will go on to do well. However at this moment in time it further proves that you don't need to spend 100+ mil to have a team.

You need to spend 100+ mil if you wanted a talented group of players. However that doesn't make a team.

I really fancy our chances tomorrow' date=' I hope they don't let me down.[/quote']

If it brings the club success then of course it is worth it. It's called ambition, something that your club hasn't shown for a good few years. It's what Infernito has been rumbling on about for as long as I remember.

If you want to be successful at the top of this league then you either need to have a magical youth crop (Beckham, Giggs, Neville x2, Scholes, Butt etc) or spend money.

Of course its worth spending money. Arsenal are probably one of the few (probably two) clubs who didn't actually buy the premier league when they won it. Times have changed drastically.

The frustrating thing is Arsenal could probably challenge with 3 quality signings. Man City didn't look great today but that squad depth will come in handy throughout the season. We lose two attacking players after the season begins and still don't buy anyone. Its incredulous.

If it brings the club success then of course it is worth it. It's called ambition' date=' something that your club hasn't shown for a good few years. It's what Infernito has been rumbling on about for as long as I remember.

If you want to be successful at the top of this league then you either need to have a magical youth crop (Beckham, Giggs, Neville x2, Scholes, Butt etc) or spend money.[/quote']

I agree dude that's why I left a question mark. I think ambition and depth is key to mounting a serious challenge.

My main point was about making a team not just talented group of players.

Will be a great game tomorrow you going?

Is Sanogo expected to play regularly fellas?

nope, I'd assume he'll feature heavily in the cup. Chances are if Giroud gets injured Walcott or Podolski will move inside. I'd expect Sanogo to play a decent amount for the u21s this season

I mean if it's any condolences to you guys i'm in 2018 on Football Manager and Yaya Sanogo lead you to a Premier League title in 2017. If you can hold on that long ;)

(Albeit Wenger wasn't manager so all you have to do is hire Marcelo Bielsa)

I was playing as Sociedad recently and Arsenal won the Champions League in 12/13 with Giroud scoring 38 that season :|

Kalou' date=' Montero and Vilsvik then...[/quote']

Doubt Kalou, heard about Cardiff interested in Montero, sad really if we are in competition with Cardiff for a player. Vilsvik?! I mean who the fudge is that? Sign some calibre and proven talent you french moron!! :mad::mad:

Another summer full of false promises, oh well, always next year (yeah said it already, for trophies and signings. 9 years)

Sanogo doesn't look all that either.