Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

I guess Geoff doesn't talk completely out of his arse then.

Tweeted that we bid 40m for a German, next day Draxler bid got announced. Said before the game today that we're about to sign a top German....

I am so excited, if we actually sign him I'm getting his name on the away kit. However, cant help but be pessimistic.

Bryan Swanson ‏@skysports_bryan 26s

We're told Arsenal in advanced talks with Real Madrid over Mesut Ozil. Deal under discussion but not done. #AFC

O..........M..................G.

Pulling my leg right? Ozil number 11 sounds about right :P would love it but not getting to excited just yet

Which is clearly why I said it will be an amazing signing. But I doubt Wenger will spend even in January if this comes off.

He'll sign another couple, if this happens. We're short and that's the end of it. Believe it or not, Wenger isn't stupid even if i might have implied to the contrary in the past.

Great result for you lads but then I told you that you were definitely going to win was obvious really.

Not the usual type derby but you done enough, Tottenham barely created a thing and was pretty comfortable, very similar pattern to the earlier game.

Keep your first XI and you will be ok predicted 4th at start of season and will stick by that but the next 24 hrs or so will be vital you need bodies that is for sure.

Am I the only one who ain't that excited by the Ozil stuff. Flatters to deceive on a lot of occasions for me especially in the big games at Madrid although he has been playing left side on some occasions. Would not be surprised if Madrid let him go been a disappointment for me he promises so much but delivers infrequently. such a frustrating player for me he has all the attributes but for whatever reason Dont IMO do it often enough.

No doubting it would be an exciting signing for the vast majority of people though, he has to lay centrally though and be given lots of freedom, not disciplined enough to play in a two in the middle.

Great result for you lads but then I told you that you were definitely going to win was obvious really.

Not the usual type derby but you done enough' date=' Tottenham barely created a thing and was pretty comfortable, very similar pattern to the earlier game.

Keep your first XI and you will be ok predicted 4th at start of season and will stick by that but the next 24 hrs or so will be vital you need bodies that is for sure.

Am I the only one who ain't that excited by the Ozil stuff. Flatters to deceive on a lot of occasions for me especially in the big games at Madrid although he has been playing left side on some occasions. Would not be surprised if Madrid let him go been a disappointment for me he promises so much but delivers infrequently. such a frustrating player for me he has all the attributes but for whatever reason Dont IMO do it often enough.

No doubting it would be an exciting signing for the vast majority of people though, he has to lay centrally though and be given lots of freedom, not disciplined enough to play in a two in the middle.[/quote']

No you're not I said I didn't rate him highly on Twitter and got abused to no end. I don't think he's worth putting Cazorla on the wing and I think you could have done with other positions. Although I have a feeling he'll do well at Arsenal.

Yes' date=' because you're a Liverpool fan. Tis fairly self-explanatory.[/quote']

Said the man who said Andre Santos was better than Gibbs.....to name but one of your many faux pas's ;)

Not a club issue just my opinion think he flatters to deceive on a lot of occasions, never really had a good game in a "big game" at Madrid.

As my Liverpudlian pal said be interesting to see where he plays if he joins and what effect he has on others.

personally I would rather have Carzola centrally than Ozil. If he does join I can't see both playing centrally.

Just a vote of hands who actually want Ozil? Or who would rather different players in a different position?

I think different positions are more "needed" but then can you get players of an adequate quality in before tomorrow that has been the summer long question and now it is the 25hr question :P

As I say though I think most Arsenal fans would be delighted with his signing.

40m wowsers, quite a way overpriced a long way for me. But at least for Wenger/Gazidis it would cut them some slack

I think different positions are more "needed" but then can you get players of an adequate quality in before tomorrow that has been the summer long question and now it is the 25hr question :P

Only an idiot wouldn't be delighted when his clubs gets a world class player

40m wowsers' date=' quite a way overpriced a long way for me. But at least for Wenger/Gazidis it would cut them some slack[/quote']

I think they need to buy a marque signing for the fans sake rather than the teams. I would love to see us sign a player like Ozil as it would be a sign. However I would have to agree that other areas are needed now. However I'm sure they will be working on one or two more players behind the scenes.