Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

The way people are going on you'd think we have massive problems.

GOALKEEPER:

Szczesny

Viviano

Fabianski

The arrival of Viviano should give Szczesny a kick up the bum. Position rating: 7/10

RIGHT BACK

Sagna

Jenkinson

Jenkinson can handle mid to lower league teams, question mark against upper level teams. Doubts over Sagna's legs for this position. Should have been strengthened. 6/10

Centre back

Koscielny

Mertesacker

Vermaelen

Sagna

Contrary to the popular beliefs amongst half wits, we're fine here. 9/10

Left Back

Gibbs

Monreal

Fine. 8/10

Central Midfield

Flamini

Arteta

Ramsey

Wilshere

Rosicky

Could be better, could be worse. If Flamini performs like he did against the Spuds, that'll be a massive bonus. 7/10

Attacking Midfield

Ozil

Cazorla

Sex. 10/10

Forwards/wide forwards

Giroud

Podolski

Walcott

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Sanogo

Ahem, Bendtner

A wide forward wouldn't have gone amiss but i'm comfortable with those options. 7/10

Fundamentally, there is not a lot wrong with that squad. I'm confident we can cope fine until January at least. Time non-Gooners shut the hell up.

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

At least someone takes note of my posts' date=' too bad it isn't the Arsenal fans who should be :P[/quote']

What like 1 arsenal fan? pretty much everyone has stated the obvious even arsenal fans its clear we're short but we all know what wengers like, he likes to wait for players to return from injury..

A DM, RB and a pacey FWD/wing would of been ideal at this point, they don't need to be world beaters just solid back ups bar DM I wish we got Gustavo..

What like 1 arsenal fan? pretty much everyone has stated the obvious even arsenal fans its clear we're short but we all know what wengers like' date=' he likes to wait for players to return from injury..

A DM, RB and a pacey FWD/wing would of been ideal at this point, they don't need to be world beaters just solid back ups bar DM I wish we got Gustavo..[/quote']

That's the problem, you're all buzzing over the signing of Ozil, now Wenger is a "genius". He has still left you in a very sticky predicament if you suffer injuries.

@ infernito. Your CB problem is still there. You only have two fit natural centrebacks, if you play Sagna at CB then that means Jenkinson is at RB and he just isn't good enough ATM. you only have two fit CBs for two positions for the next 5 weeks at least.

Your striker problem is still there, if Giroud gets injured (and with Pod out for 3 months at least) then yes, you may start Walcott up front but there are two problems with this. Firstly, he isn't a natural striker, secondly, if he does start up there then Ramsey is starting on the right, and we all know how bad he plays there.

If you keep Walcott on the right then you have ol' Nic or Sanogo up front.

I agree with Flamini though, he could be a blessing in disguise.

Your guess is as good as mine' date=' maybe Sanogo's better than we think aha. I honestly believe that Wenger thinks Giroud and Walcott is enough...

That was the minimum though, could be longer.[/quote']

He must do, although the loan bid for Ba didn't agree with that. Giroud's performances this season have obviously convinced Wenger that he doesn't need a top CF but surely he recognises the need for back up? I'm not saying someone of the ilk of Suarez is necessary but I'm surprised he hasn't brought anyone in.

GOALKEEPER:

Szczesny

Viviano

Fabianski

The arrival of Viviano should give Szczesny a kick up the bum. Position rating: 7/10

RIGHT BACK

Sagna

Jenkinson

Jenkinson can handle mid to lower league teams' date=' question mark against upper level teams. Doubts over Sagna's legs for this position. Should have been strengthened. 6/10

Centre back

Koscielny

Mertesacker

Vermaelen

Sagna

Left Back

Gibbs

Monreal

Fine. 8/10

Central Midfield

Flamini

Arteta

Ramsey

Wilshere

Rosicky

Could be better, could be worse. If Flamini performs like he did against the Spuds, that'll be a massive bonus. 7/10

Attacking Midfield

Ozil

Cazorla

Sex. 10/10

Forwards/wide forwards

Giroud

Podolski

Walcott

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Sanogo

Ahem, Bendtner

A wide forward wouldn't have gone amiss but i'm comfortable with those options. 7/10

Fundamentally, there is not a lot wrong with that squad. I'm confident we can cope fine until January at least. Time non-Gooners shut the hell up.[/quote']

This post is spot on for me , Yes we didn't buy the CB everyone wanted but we have 3 very good CB's and Sagna is more then capable of covering that role.

It would take some crazy injury crisis to cripple us from now until January.

Plus with the midfield we have Zelalem and Gnabry who will see Carling Cup action at the very least.

The core of this team kicked on amazingly well in the final 10 games last season and there is no reason why we can't continue that.

Ozil will add a lot to the team IMO especially against the bigger teams when we have lacked that creative player in the last few years.

I'm rather happy with the team and I believe we may surprise a few.

GOALKEEPER:

Szczesny

Viviano

Fabianski

RIGHT BACK

Sagna

Jenkinson

Jenkinson can handle mid to lower league teams' date=' question mark against upper level teams. Doubts over Sagna's legs for this position. Should have been strengthened. 6/10

Centre back

Koscielny

Mertesacker

Vermaelen

Sagna

Left Back

Gibbs

Monreal

Fine. 8/10

Central Midfield

Flamini

Arteta

Ramsey

Wilshere

Rosicky

Attacking Midfield

Ozil

Cazorla

Sex. 10/10

Forwards/wide forwards

Giroud

Podolski

Walcott

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Sanogo

Ahem, Bendtner

Fundamentally, there is not a lot wrong with that squad. I'm confident we can cope fine until January at least. Time non-Gooners shut the hell up.[/quote']

Koscielny or Mertesacker are a top of the world CB-pair, but after that you're bit thin. There's just Vermaelen and he's already injured. Okay, you've got Sagna, who can cover that position, but that leaves Jenks to right back, which is alarming situation. Thin about you playing Bayern or Chelsea with Jenks-Sagna-Verm-Gibbs. All it takes is that Per and Kos are unavailable for one match in the spring season. you lose two players, but as a result become significantly worse in three defensive positions.

But generally, I agree with you. In fact, your CM's might be 8/10. Ramsey has improved a lot and Flamini is extremely useful player, a back up for Arteta in easy matches, a player to stop the game when you're winning and an defensive minded player of top level experience to lineup with Arteta when you play against top opponents. A great signing for you.

That's the problem' date=' you're all buzzing over the signing of Ozil, now Wenger is a "genius".[/quote']

Wenger is a genius. With a limited budget due to the stadium and losing top players he has constantly finished in CL places.

Last night on Sky they was all saying how strange it is that Wenger get so much stick for what he has done. One even went as far as saying that he wish Liverpool had operated like this. That's coming from the Posh chairman who is a Pool fan.

@infernito post, well said dude.

GOALKEEPER:

Szczesny

Viviano

Fabianski

RIGHT BACK

Sagna

Jenkinson

Centre back

Koscielny

Mertesacker

Vermaelen

Sagna

Left Back

Gibbs

Monreal

Fine. 8/10

Central Midfield

Flamini

Arteta

Ramsey

Wilshere

Rosicky

Attacking Midfield

Ozil

Cazorla

Sex. 10/10

Forwards/wide forwards

Giroud

Podolski

Walcott

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Sanogo

Ahem, Bendtner

I wouldn't classify Chamberlain as a striker and Podolski is out for 3 months. That leaves you with Giroud, Walcott, Sanogo and Bendtner. Not the strongest contingent and if Giroud has any problems it leaves you seriously short there.

This post is spot on for me ' date=' Yes we didn't buy the CB everyone wanted but we have 3 very good CB's and Sagna is more then capable of covering that role.

It would take some crazy injury crisis to cripple us from now until January.

Plus with the midfield we have Zelalem and Gnabry who will see Carling Cup action at the very least.

The core of this team kicked on amazingly well in the final 10 games last season and there is no reason why we can't continue that.

Ozil will add a lot to the team IMO especially against the bigger teams when we have lacked that creative player in the last few years.

I'm rather happy with the team and I believe we may surprise a few.[/quote']

Don't forget Miyaichi either. He should also get Carling Cup action at the very least ;)

I wouldn't classify Chamberlain as a striker and Podolski is out for 3 months. That leaves you with Giroud' date=' Walcott, Sanogo and Bendtner. Not the strongest contingent and if Giroud has any problems it leaves you seriously short there.[/quote']

you didn't see the 'WIDE forward' part i guess. AOC injury makes it more complicated. If he isn't injured should something happen to Giroud,Walcott can play there and AOC play as right winger

I'm getting the away shirt tonight' date=' was gunna order it last night but Ozil didn't have the umlauts so I thought I'd wait. Looks like they've sorted it now though.[/quote']

Hope so. I've already ordered no.11

This will now be my second home kit. I have a blank one and soon this one.

I like the away kit but I wanted Ozil on my home kit.