Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

The board will allow Wenger to sign another world class star in January as long as it is a striker.

Looks like we could be having a whole new policy at Arsenal. I like the way in which we have done our business since our stadium move. We have a strong future and now the board seem to be on the same page as the fans.

I just hope we don't end up becoming a City or Chelsea with spending.

The board will allow Wenger to sign another world class star in January as long as it is a striker.

Looks like we could be having a whole new policy at Arsenal. I like the way in which we have done our business since our stadium move. We have a strong future and now the board seem to be on the same page as the fans.

That can't possibly happen mate. All our spending comes from money generated by the club, not a sugar daddy. Something which I'm incredibly proud of.

That can't possibly happen mate. All our spending comes from money generated by the club' date=' not a sugar daddy. Something which I'm incredibly proud of.[/quote']

Good to see you back mate.

Totally agree I'm very proud in how we generate our own funds. We are the model which other clubs are trying to follow. FFP rules will be met and not by selling naming rights of a training ground or any other way of getting around the system.

Good to see you back mate.

Totally agree I'm very proud in how we generate our own funds. We are the model which other clubs are trying to follow. FFP rules will be met and not by selling naming rights of a training ground or any other way of getting around the system.

Has FFP come into play yet? If it has it was a waste of time.

Always a waste of time. Even if they stuck to it stringently all it will do is keep the big clubs big and the ones with less revenue lagging behind. Its a poor idea' date=' executed shockingly.[/quote']

It needs to happen. It also doesn't mean the big clubs stay big. It means them clubs have the advantage. But if teams promote more youth players it can work put good for them. I watched this documentary on YT about it and it does make sense.

The only that that bugs me is teams who have presidents who uses the economies money. Such as Madrid etc... If the rules properly kick in they can only spend what they make after fees and wages.

It needs to happen. It also doesn't mean the big clubs stay big. It means them clubs have the advantage. But if teams promote more youth players it can work put good for them. I watched this documentary on YT about it and it does make sense.

The only that that bugs me is teams who have presidents who uses the economies money. Such as Madrid etc... If the rules properly kick in they can only spend what they make after fees and wages.

Iv made my own made up on it by watching a few small documentaries, reading a few articles and the actual proposition.

Whilst I admire the sentiment behind it, being self sufficient and attempting to prevent clubs from spending over their means. Essentially the void between the likes of yourselves, United, Chelsea, City and the clubs who have the bigger turnovers across Europe compared to other clubs will continue to increase as the law will now prevent outside investment from coming in (if it was to be followed and applied strictly ).

The only way for clubs with less of a turnover to compete is to develop a buy and sell policy much like a SM team. Buy risers and sell them on ;)

In real footballing terms I think the way Villa are running or attempt to run will set us in good stead, but quite frankly the whole thing is a pathetic attempt at a worthy cause.

FFP was never a good idea since clubs' debts didn't affect their standing. United happily blew about £700m away that they didn't have in becoming and remaining what they are and that was deemed OK by the FFP regulations. Prevented other clubs doing the same to catch them up though.

Something does need to be done though. The simple fact is that we all want these mega transfers to happen and yes it is great when a top player joins a club. However the fans end up paying for this in ticket costs and merchandise prices.

We need some sort of spending cap and the fit for football test needs re thinking as many chairmans buy a club and put it in huge jeopardy.

There are many things wrong with the game right now.

However as an Arsenal fan I am proud and glad to say we spend what we make. We don't need hand outs or loans. Not using this as a dig at other teams, I'm just proud of how we run our club.

Rosicky scored for Czech Republic in a 1-2 defeat to Armenia, plays 90 mins

Ramsey scored a penalty in a 1-2 defeat to Macedonia, plays 90 mins

Ozil and Mertersacker play 90 mins for Germany in 3-0 win over Austria

Giroud fails to score for first time this season in a 0-0 in Georgia, he and Koscielny play 90 mins.

Cazorla comes off the bench late on for Spain in 2-0 win over Finland, playing 9 mins (Glad to see him get a rest).

Jack Wilshere starts and plays an hour for England, while Walcott plays for 90 mins in a 4-0 win over Moldolva.

As far as I know theres no injuries reported :)

Rosicky scored for Czech Republic in a 1-2 defeat to Armenia' date=' plays 90 mins

Ramsey scored a penalty in a 1-2 defeat to Macedonia, plays 90 mins

Ozil and Mertersacker play 90 mins for Germany in 3-0 win over Austria

Giroud fails to score for first time this season in a 0-0 in Georgia, he and Koscielny play 90 mins.

Cazorla comes off the bench late on for Spain in 2-0 win over Finland, playing 9 mins (Glad to see him get a rest).

Jack Wilshere starts and plays an hour for England, while Walcott plays for 90 mins in a 4-0 win over Moldolva.

As far as I know theres no injuries reported :)[/quote']

Sunderland away is our next game and i hope he starts or comes on around 65th min, Hes the perfect player for sunderland away sounds a bit stupid i know. (Rosicky).

More International games next week before the sunderland game so still time for injuries :o

Giroud didn't score vs Fener...

"Forget France, Wenger's turning to Germany as Arsenal boss targets Reus, Gundogan and Bender to join Mertesacker and co

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2414515/Arsenals-Arsene-Wenger-targets-Marco-Reus-Ilkay-Gundogan-Lars-Bender.html#ixzz2eAXC0yjy

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

hahahahaha

edit: wait its here too

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10292651/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-sets-his-sights-on-German-targets-for-future-Emirates-signings.html

"Forget France' date=' Wenger's turning to Germany as Arsenal boss targets Reus, Gundogan and Bender to join Mertesacker and co

Read more: [url']http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2414515/Arsenals-Arsene-Wenger-targets-Marco-Reus-Ilkay-Gundogan-Lars-Bender.html#ixzz2eAXC0yjy[/url]

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

hahahahaha

edit: wait its here too

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10292651/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-sets-his-sights-on-German-targets-for-future-Emirates-signings.html

reus...... :rolleyes:

What world class striker ever moves in Jan???

he hopes of you signing a world-class striker (there are not many) is remote as it is and the hopes of you getting one in Jan is even less so.

Teams do not sell there best players during the middle of a season.

Luis Suarez moved in January

At that time I don't think Luis was considered to be world-class, he had scored goals in Holland no indication of being world class plus add in the fact that he had not played for two months after biting Baakal, not to mention Ajax always need the cash.

Numerous reasons for that move but I don't think Suarez was considered world-class at that time.

World Class strikers today.....Cavani, Ibra, Messi, Neymar, Falcao, Reus, Van Persie, Suarez, Aguero

None of them Re going to be moving Nytime in Jan.

Arsenal can probably shop in the rungs below and possibly do something but "world-class striker". No not a chance.