• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Anyone able to translate this?

Translated by google chrome it'l be a bit iffy in places but mostly understandable:

"In Madrid I missed Respect"

He did not even have time to pack his things. Nevertheless' date=' Mesut Ozil looking forward to the move to London: "I would also come free." A call has robbed him of all doubt. From Lars Wallrodt and Julien Wolff

Mesut Ozil still has the ticket in his pocket, which was to bring him home. He will not use it. "I am departed from Madrid with a return ticket to Munich - and now do not fly back to Madrid, but to London," the 24-year-old tells the "Welt am Sonntag" (German Newspaper).

Özil past week serves as proof of how crazy the football business may be now. Or to say it with Ozil: "When you play for real three years you are already innately quite accustomed But this week I have come not to think big.."

A bit melancholy sounds with already, when he talks about the crazy days are behind him. Just ten days ago, he was sure to stay in Madrid. "I have a contract with Real Madrid and stay here," he told reporters on Wednesday before last. The next weekend, he sat on the bench 90 minutes - a humiliation of coach Carlo Ancelotti and the catalyst for a flurry of activity.

While Mesut son flew to the meeting of the German national team after Munich, bagged father and adviser Mustafa in the closing stages of the transfer within 24 hours in the changes, dissolved the contract with Madrid and was at Arsenal put on a new.

[b']"I miss u bro"[/b]

A short time later, Ozil mysteriously tweeted: "I miss u bro I wish you all the best 1NC SR4..." Short explanation: "1NC" stands for Mesut Ozil, the number and the umlaut form his shirt number, the tens. The same goes for "SR4", Sergio Ramos, his former teammates from Real Madrid, his "bro" ("brother"). The two footballers are close friends. The laws of their business they have now divided.

Ramos remains in Madrid, Ozil will go in the future in London for goals. "If I had to say something at Real, Ozil would be one of the last people I would let her go," had scolded his buddy Ramos after the transfer. But the real was 50 million euros not resist that offered Londoners for the Germans. Moreover, the oversupply in the Madrid attack after the purchase of Gareth Bale had definitely become too large.

Ozil would have had every reason to sulk. Optionally, the media mentioned it "on the run" or thought he "dumped" for, while Real wanted to bask in the glory of the 100-million-'s Bale. But somehow the conditions were reversed suddenly. Real fans protested at Balestier performance against Ozil sales .

Papa makes the move

Over the country, there is lack of understanding about the change. And even superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is apparently mad: "The departure of Ozil is a very bad news for me I'm angry about his move." he reportedly said. No wonder he got in the past three years, 27 goals from Ozil launched - more than any other.

Ozil enjoys the support of colleagues. "Other players have come forward, publicly or with me," he says. He had sent a text message and thanked all for their support, and soon, when is again more time, he wants to call a few of them. But now he has to rearrange his life. "I have not even packed. Organized the move to London my dad," he says. The first time he is staying at the hotel.

On Wednesday, after the international match in the Faroe Islands (20.45 clock, ARD), he will break into the adventure "Premier League". If he has bad luck, it is equally critical for him. Traditionally have to sing a serenade in the cabin in New England.

Ozil must sing

A gray for Ozil, as he admits, laughing: "I speak again with Per and Poldi They'll help me.". Per (Mertesacker) and Poldi (Podolski) have made him his new club already tasty. Podolski came despite his injury (muscle fibers tear) to the team hotel, and brought an arsenal jersey with Ozil. Mertesacker also rejoiced "at huge Mesut": "We will have much pleasure in him."

Besides the two colleagues from the national team, especially a third Arsenal employee tipped the scales Özil change. On Monday, the midfielder had a long telephone with manager Arsene Wenger, who speaks perfect German as Alsatian: "Somehow it has made with me 'click' when that phone call I've noticed. Hey, what the just told me I have at Real missing:.. openness, trust, respect, He has told me exactly how he sees me, he wants to use me, what he expects from me and what he expects from me "

What the fans expect of him, is clear. In 2005 there was the so far last title, a victory in the FA Cup. The most recent championship was celebrated a year earlier, the only victory in the European Cup dates back to 1994 - at that time Arsenal won the now defunct European Cup Winners Cup. The traditional London club craves success, he has never spent more money on a player. Press the 50 million, Mr. Özil? "No," he says, "for the transfer fee I can not do anything. Changed I would be without transfer fee to Arsenal."

"I would also be replaced without detachment"

He will still have to be measured against the record sum -. Tracks and "I want to win titles ., but I'll do anything That's my mentality, "he says. However, in the Champions League It is steep in the preliminary round.

In addition to Olympique Marseille and Borussia Dortmund Napoli year's finalist waiting for the "Gunners". For Ozil no reason for humility: "We will do everything we can to get as far as possible in all competitions: I learned at Real I go to no competition and say from the outset., The goal is the semi-final or the final. When I play, I want to win. "

Saturday's away game at Sunderland Ozil is probably already for the first time are taking the lead in the game of Arsenal FC. Per Mertesacker has already raved about him, as he could freely move footballers in London. In Madrid, there was a crowd of people on a regular basis, when Ozil left the house. So he will tear up his return ticket to Spain and rebook for London. On to a new future. His anticipation was "huge," said Ozil. In football jargon would probably call the "fast switching".

Quote from a Spud...

If anyone on this forum can point me in the direction of an intelligent Spud' date=' i will give you a million pounds.[/quote']

Don't worry.Arsenal isn't any better.

"Lol, Walcott has been the best player of the ENTIRE world now for the past season. Ozil though is the best in his own position at attacking mid along with Cazorla.

Dont be mad because all this talent is at Arsenal mate. We will now wipe the floor with Bayern MunCHEAT.

Im sure Ozil cant wait to play with Walcott who even he knows is the best player of the world."

A quote from an arsenal lad

Give me 5 more just for the giggles...:P
Özil will obviously improve them' date=' but he's not a massive upgrade. He would have made a far greater impact in our team[/quote']
think we need to make an anonymous donation to the Charlie Adams liposuction fund. Charlie, you know what to do
We've just brought two players who have the potential to be every bit as good as him as far as attacking midfielders go...eriksen and lamela.
Remember, they spent half the match Sunday with 10 men behind the ball looking like Wigan at the Lane...
biggest transfer coup since we signed Klinsmann i'd say

For that last one, how about Campbell for nothing? "falls about giggling"

I wouldn't expect some of this stuff out of 4 year olds.

Don't worry.Arsenal isn't any better.

"Lol' date=' Walcott has been the best player of the ENTIRE world now for the past season. Ozil though is the best in his own position at attacking mid along with Cazorla.

Dont be mad because all this talent is at Arsenal mate. We will now wipe the floor with Bayern MunCHEAT.

Im sure Ozil cant wait to play with Walcott who even he knows is the best player of the world."

A quote from an arsenal lad[/quote']

You get idiots in all walks of life.

Neither did Wilshere. Let's all have a collective meltdown.

Could be worse' date=' could have Walker.

Wilshere is a bit of a cry baby isn't he? Every tackle he reacts like he is going to look down at a broken ankle...

Not trying to defend his performance as he was awful, but the way England play at such a slow tempo its not easy for him, compared to Arsenal who are alot faster on the ball.

Agreed, and he did take a pretty brutal rake to the Achilles I guess.

If you're gonna talk about bad performances in the internationals' date=' look up Belerus vs France and have a laugh at Lloris :P[/quote']

Absolute shocker. I cannot understand how he was able to concede those goals. It's as if he just was not there. The worst match of his whole career, and I've seen him play quite a few times (5-5 against OM, for one). Fortunately it came when his team was able to score 4 times.