• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Arsenal Gossip

The Bolton game hasn't been postponed' date=' right?[/quote']

Not yet and with Arsenal's excellent groundstaff I'd expect the ground to be ready for tomorrow despite the expected snowfall forecast for tonight (heaviest in South East England for 30 years :eek:). Problem may be the safety of Bolton fans getting down to the game. Quite possibly this may result in the game getting called off. Having said that, I cant imagine it will be much fun for Fulham fans heading to Stoke tonight either, but that game is still on.

I see Young Guns is mentioning a figure of 3m GBP as compensation.

http://youngguns.wordpress.com/2010/01/05/arsenal-wait-on-compensation-for-meridas-exit/

This agent of his, Joseba Diaz : wasn't he Cesc's agent during his transfer from Barca?

Not yet and with Arsenal's excellent groundstaff I'd expect the ground to be ready for tomorrow despite the expected snowfall forecast for tonight (heaviest in South East England for 30 years :eek:). Problem may be the safety of Bolton fans getting down to the game. Quite possibly this may result in the game getting called off. Having said that' date=' I cant imagine it will be much fun for Fulham fans heading to Stoke tonight either, but that game is still on.[/quote']

Sometimes I feel glad it doesn't snow here. :P

Not yet and with Arsenal's excellent groundstaff I'd expect the ground to be ready for tomorrow despite the expected snowfall forecast for tonight (heaviest in South East England for 30 years :eek:). Problem may be the safety of Bolton fans getting down to the game. Quite possibly this may result in the game getting called off. Having said that' date=' I cant imagine it will be much fun for Fulham fans heading to Stoke tonight either, but that game is still on.[/quote']

The league cup semi finals were called off due to police and safety official concerns for the travelling fans rather than the pitch itself, although i imagine that did contribute so regardless of how good the Gunners ground staff are IF it snows heavily, it will be cancelled :)

Watched the Milan - Genoa game instead, 5-2 Milan.

May have been postponed but think about it..

We will miss the boost Bolton get with the Coyle talk, and when re-scheduled if in near future, it will give people like Bendnter an easy ride back into Premier League action, I say easy, no offence to them not the hardest bunch in the Prem.

Lets rest up, and do what we did to Everton at Goodison :rolleyes: at the Emirates if all goes ahead. :P:)

Apparently Arsenal are after 17 year old Cardiff City starlet Adam Matthews. thoughts?

He's a right-back' date=' isn't he? We don't have any decent RB talent coming up from the youth side, so if this guy's any good, a deal for him would make sense.

Meanwhile, you guys may have read about us being linked with CFR Cluj's beanpole-like striker Lacina Traore, whom CSKA Moscow are also after as a better-quality replacement for that joker Tomas Necid a.k.a. [i']The Tree[/i]. Anyway, here he is, talking about our interest in him and (like every other young player) saying that it would be a "dream" to play for us:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/01/07/manual_090325.html

The intriguing part of the article is at the bottom. I quote :

Traore's current employers Cluj have confirmed initial discussions have already taken place with the Gunners and they have told the Premier League side of their asking price.

Club president Iuliu Muresan added: "We have had contact from Arsenal but we have not received a concrete offer yet.

"Four million euros is close to the amount we are seeking."

He's only 19, but is already 6' 8" in height. :eek:

That's the most un-realistic move I've ever read about! Arsenal needs a big target man like for example Pavluychencko (not saying you will buy him, but it's a player like him you need) and not another techincal forward like Zarate. You guys already have very technical players like Arshavin and Nasri, so no need for Zarate.

Zarate hasn't been capped yet for Argentina nor Italy (he's got an Italian mother), so he can't get a work-permit in England. This rumor just made me laugh:p. 40 mil:rolleyes:

That's the most un-realistic move I've ever read about! Arsenal needs a big target man like for example Pavluychencko (not saying you will buy him' date=' but it's a player like him you need) and not another techincal forward like Zarate. You guys already have very technical players like Arshavin and Nasri, so no need for Zarate.

Zarate hasn't been capped yet for Argentina nor Italy (he's got an Italian mother), so he can't get a work-permit in England. This rumor just made me laugh:p. 40 mil:rolleyes:[/quote']

40 million!!

i doubt wenger would ever pay that money even for villa or torres