Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Thats because we are top of the table and have a good feel about the place. The WUM's are probably infesting the Man united thread now :P

Still think we have plenty of work to do in terms of sorting the squad out , In terms of Thomas Verminator leaving I wouldnt be upset if he went but he is a good cover player and I think we should consider letting other players go before him (Jenkinson , Sagna , Bentner! cough) :P

Thats because we are top of the table and have a good feel about the place. The WUM's are probably infesting the Man united thread now :P

Still think we have plenty of work to do in terms of sorting the squad out ' date=' In terms of Thomas Verminator leaving I wouldnt be upset if he went but he is a good cover player and I think we should consider letting other players go before him (Jenkinson , Sagna , Bentner! cough) :P[/quote']

Why does everyone want rid of Jenkinson?

Personally I think we should keep all of them.

Verm has to stay, no point selling him unless we get £10m+ and can get 2 players in.

Interesting speech about our new 3 tier recruitment policy. Even if we are top, still a talking point IMO.

Why does everyone want rid of Jenkinson?

Personally I think we should keep all of them.

Verm has to stay' date=' no point selling him unless we get £10m+ and can get 2 players in.

Interesting speech about our new 3 tier recruitment policy. Even if we are top, still a talking point IMO.[/quote']

Cant stand Jenkinson , I think he is a complete liability and we should have someone better to cover for sagna. He is one those players we should get shot off. We need better cover not your Jenkinson's , Bentners , Park? these players are directly in line to step when injurys strike and they are terrible.

Agreed with that , Nothing more to add.

I think our recruitment policy needs to be more clever , We have had a lot of success in our policy like Wenger highlighted himself in Giroud and Super Koscielny and we have made progress in getting rid of the chaff. I reckon we are doing well but Jan is going to important in whether we push on. I dont mean wholesale changes but getting rid of more deadwood and adding in 1 or 2 players in postions we need :)

Still think we have plenty of work to do in terms of sorting the squad out ' date=' In terms of Thomas Verminator leaving I wouldnt be upset if he went but he is a good cover player and I think we should consider letting other players go before him (Jenkinson , [b']Sagna[/b] , Bentner! cough) :P

Why would you want to get rid of Sanga? Been one of our best players during since March :s

Sagna might not even renew his contract' date=' could be gone come end of June 2014.[/quote']

This is where my statement of playing for a move comes from , I dont think he will sign a contract and quite frankly I wouldnt be massively upset if he went be annoyed he would go on a free tho.

I agree with Infernito , We should have signed a RB that is a massive area of weakness in our team.

Sagna seems pretty happy though in interviews that hes done recently, and looks to get on well with everyone.

Think it would be a blow to lose him, especially on a free.

I cant really think of anyone to replace him, apart from someone like Glen Johnson who also is on a free at the end of the season if I remember rightly.

Looking forward to seeing Santi and Ozil play for the first time, hopefully against Dortmund.

Also that video is amazing lol. Couldnt stop laughing :D

Cant stand Jenkinson ' date=' I think he is a complete liability...

... Jan is going to important in whether we push on. I dont mean wholesale changes but getting rid of more deadwood and adding in 1 or 2 players in postions we need :)[/quote']

People forget that we're pretty much thread bare at the moment and we're top of the league! You still want 2 players when these lot are back?

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Knee

Yaya Sanogo Back

Lukas Podolski Hamstring

Theo Walcott Abdominal

Santi Cazorla Ankle

Bacary Sagna Hamstring

Abou Diaby Knee

;2760009']CJ is amazing' date=' both right backs, especially Sagna somewhere have upped their game.

I'd release Park, just put him down to a mistake.[/quote']

I'd just put him down :P

So Matt Macey signing today? Bit weird considering he's still attached to Bristol Rovers and the transfer window ain't open until jan... Highly rated apparently so why would they release him..? Not sure how we can sign him today.

Is he free?

Free transfers aren't bound to transfer windows.

This is where my statement of playing for a move comes from ' date=' I dont think he will sign a contract and quite frankly I wouldnt be massively upset if he went be annoyed he would go on a free tho.

I agree with Infernito , We should have signed a RB that is a massive area of weakness in our team.[/quote']

Like it or not Jenkinson is the heir apparent!

Sagna seems pretty happy though in interviews that hes done recently' date=' and looks to get on well with everyone.

Think it would be a blow to lose him, especially on a free.

I cant really think of anyone to replace him, apart from someone like Glen Johnson who also is on a free at the end of the season if I remember rightly.

Looking forward to seeing Santi and Ozil play for the first time, hopefully against Dortmund.

Also that video is amazing lol. Couldnt stop laughing :D[/quote']

We should start tapping him up now!

Santi and Ozil is gonna be so awesome.

I hope we get the attack/defence balance right with so many creative players in the team.

People forget that we're pretty much thread bare at the moment and we're top of the league! You still want 2 players when these lot are back?

Yaya Sanogo Back

Lukas Podolski Hamstring

Theo Walcott Abdominal

Santi Cazorla Ankle

Bacary Sagna Hamstring

Abou Diaby Knee

I'd just put him down :P

Like it or not Jenkinson is the heir apparent!

We should start tapping him up now!

Santi and Ozil is gonna be so awesome.

I hope we get the attack/defence balance right with so many creative players in the team.

We have great options of course , But bar Sagna all attacking options which is not what Im saying we need. I honestly think we need to consider buying a new RB to cover/replace Sagna and a decent CB cover. I dont think we need a forward as we have Poldo and Walcott who can play there.

In terms of midfield and attacking options we have some great options and dont think we need to do anything there. I do think 1 or 2 better defenders are needed tho.

Agreed :P Why did we sign the lad and ruin a good relationship with Lille in doing that?

To be honest as much as it pains me to say it , I can see that happening.

Haha , Wouldnt mind Glen on a free :D Montoya from Barca as well :P

Going to be interesting to see as Wenger cant drop Flamini or Ramsey surely?

Szczesny

Sagna-Mert-Kosc-Gibbs

Flamini-Arteta

Rosicky-Ozil-Ramsey

Giroud

Probably that for Norwich. Think Cazorla only fit enough for the bench from what i've heard, and probably swap him for Rosicky against Dortmund if there is no new injuries.

But yeah we can't drop Flamini or Ramsey atm. Some fans might so drop Arteta to let Ramsey play more central and play Rosicky-Ozil-Cazorla for Dortmund, but for me Arteta is such a key player.

Its really hard to see where Wilshere will get games with everyone else playing so well.

Should be a straight forward win tomorrow. Although we said that against Villa xD

Yaya Sanogo Back

Lukas Podolski Hamstring

Theo Walcott Abdominal

Santi Cazorla Ankle

Bacary Sagna Hamstring

Abou Diaby Knee

Are you trying to suggest Dom is crazy for wanting 2 players in? Even with Santi, Podolski, Sagna back we need at least 5 brilliant players in. (Didn't mention the others because Sanogo & Ox have decent potential but nothing special and Walcott and Diaby are 'Poo'

Scraping for top 4 again :)

Our goalkeeping situation is the funniest/embarrassing situation we've ever had (well tell a lie Walcott at RW comes close.) If I were a manager i'd tell everyone to have a go, Maybe Clarke said that to west brom remember Mulumbu from kick off? Shot straight away and rightly so I'd do the same.

Diaby apparently has a set back in recovery and wont be back until March.

Feel so sorry for him. On his day hes awesome, but probably wont be fit to play any games at all and miss the world cup, which if fit he would have surely gone if France qualify.

:(

Diaby apparently has a set back in recovery and wont be back until March.

Feel so sorry for him. On his day hes awesome' date=' but probably wont be fit to play any games at all and miss the world cup, which if fit he would have surely gone if France qualify.

:([/quote']

One word.

Ridiculous.

Can anyone remember his day?

Big ask to get in the squad,when he gets injured looking in the mirror.

Arsenal should pay up his contract and get him to "France".

Waste of a squad number.

One word.

Ridiculous.

Can anyone remember his day?

Big ask to get in the squad' date='when he gets injured looking in the mirror.

Arsenal should pay up his contract and get him to "France".

Waste of a squad number.[/quote']

Diaby is a great player, would of been regarded as one of our better players had it not been for injuries. He reminds me of Viera in how he can dominate the midfield and go forward with great ball control.

As for you saying why not release him we have history in giving players a chance, for example RVP... Injured for 6 out of 8 years and then he came back even stronger and became the best striker in the league.

Not saying Diaby will do this as this is his last year of contract but we as a club have a duty to stick with him and come the end of season I see us thanking him for his work and wishing him the best.