Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

I find it impossible to comprehend how Ramsey improved so much over the past year. So much composure it's unbelievable. One of my favorite players at the moment, and If I was Wenger, I'd have him down as my first name on the sheet. And I think he does, he tried to give him a rest today.

I think it's fair to say that Flamini is vital to our team. We looked all over the place without him. He's a great motivator and he does his defensive job superbly.

Szczesny - 8 A few decent saves, couldn't really do much about the goal.

Sagna - 6 Most of his crosses have been poor.

Koscielny 8 - Our best defender today, he was everywhere.

Mertesacker 7 - not as good as Kos, and he was unlucky not to score at the end.

Gibbs - 8 I like him more and more by the game. Improving nicely.

Arteta 6 - Still not convinced, plenty of misplaced passes.

Flamini -8 Did well until he got injured.

Cazorla 7 - not fully fit.

Ozil - 9 Great run for the first goal, didn't stop running from his own half. Well positioned for his second, but not one of his best games.

Wilshere 8 - Certainly improving, and his confidence is improving as well.

Giroud 8 - Two very good assists.

Ramsey 10 - Did nothing wrong. I love him :P

Sorry my phone auto was messing up.

Really proud of how we are playing, after Norwich scored I thought we could be in for a tough 15 mins. Glad to see us go on the attack and score more.

Ramsey is on fire and I'm sure clubs like City will be looking. Only difference now is now we don't have to sell.

That Wilshere goal was football poetry in motion. It wasn't far off the Shava against Barcelona. At first i thought it was just bouncing off people but it was all intentional. Stunning goal.

We didn't play brilliantly for 70 minutes but when they pulled one back, we tore them a new behind, which is a very good sign. Ramsey is, in fairness, playing outrageously well. I thought he was Ozil on more than one occasion today.

Merte had a bit of a tough game but he's been superb in the last year so he's allowed one off day.

Make no mistake, this is a very good Arsenal team, with scope to get better. And that's coming from me.

That Wilshere goal was football poetry in motion. It wasn't far off the Shava against Barcelona. At first i thought it was just bouncing off people but it was all intentional. Stunning goal.

We didn't play brilliantly for 70 minutes but when they pulled one back' date=' we tore them a new behind, which is a very good sign. Ramsey is, in fairness, playing outrageously well. I thought he was Ozil on more than one occasion today.

Merte had a bit of a tough game but he's been superb in the last year so he's allowed one off day.

Make no mistake, this is a very good Arsenal team, with scope to get better. And that's coming from me.[/quote']

100% agreed,have always enjoyed your style of play,but you have a resolve that's been missing for 10 years.

Could be a good year for the Gunners,the big games will decide it though:)

That was an awesome performance, some lovely football played.

That first goal from Wilshere is one of the best i've seen. Could watch that over and over again.

Next few games will prove if we are title contenders though, Liverpool home then United away. Usually be very worried but the way we are playing its hard to see us slipping up atm.

Cant wait for Tuesday :D

We didn't play brilliantly for 70 minutes but when they pulled one back' date=' we tore them a new behind, which is a very good sign. [b']Ramsey is, in fairness, playing outrageously well[/b]. I thought he was Ozil on more than one occasion today.

Make no mistake, this is a very good Arsenal team, with scope to get better. And that's coming from me.

Yes finally he said it. someone quick put it as the signature :D:p

Are you trying to suggest Dom is crazy for wanting 2 players in? Even with Santi' date=' Podolski, Sagna back we need at least 5 brilliant players in. (Didn't mention the others because Sanogo & Ox have decent potential but nothing special and Walcott and Diaby are 'Poo'

Scraping for top 4 again :)

[/quote']

5 players?

Scraping top 4?

Are you Tottenham in disguise?

Luis Suarez > Dennis Bergkamp

That is probably the most ignorant comment this thread will ever see....After the comments about selling Ramsey. :D

Good solid win by you lot. If anyone wins the league this season I would like to see you lot do it.

Well done hope youse go all the way. smileys-applause-242316.gif

Cheers Tony, he's alright that Tony :)

5 players?

Scraping top 4?

Are you Tottenham in disguise

5 players at the very least yep, Tottenham in disguise? Don't think so, I'm Not deluded or biased but i definitely know what's needed and who needs to go.

Top 4 is my only priority,

1) Chelsea

2) City

3) Spurs

4) Arsenal by the skin of our teeth

5) Liverpool/Utd

5 players at the very least yep' date=' Tottenham in disguise? Don't think so, I'm Not deluded or biased but i definitely know what's needed and who needs to go.

1) Chelsea

2) City

3) Spurs

5) Liverpool/Utd[/quote']

Nope. Not gonna happen. Worst case scenario will still see us being on top of Spurs. The Spurs in disguise describe you a lot.

5 players at the very least yep' date=' Tottenham in disguise? Don't think so, I'm Not deluded or biased but i definitely know what's needed and who needs to go.

1) Chelsea

2) City

3) Spurs

5) Liverpool/Utd[/quote']

5? Don't be stupid. A RB, a striker and possibly a goalkeeper but that isn't a priority.

Even if we sold Ozil, Cazorla, Koscielny, Mertesacker and re-signed Gilles Grimandi, Francis Jeffers, Nelson Vivas and Igor Stepanovs in January, we'd still finish above the Spuds.

Deluded arsenal fans are retards in disguise.

Woah, this insult is getting personal. Have seen you posting the same old negativity stuff for a while and none of the stuff you mentioned appeared to be right. Come back when you have actually mentioned something right.

This is the best outlook on the league we have had in many seasons. Always Arsenal to be dropping out of the top four, but somehow always making it. Now we have good form and it's looking good, how can you talk like that Hayden. Most of the Elite teams are not as strong as they were, sure it could be tighter with Spurs and Liverpool stepping up.

Such negative talk with how things stand I can't understand.

Another ignorant use of the word 'retards'

Sure is' date=' Pointless of me using it as well because you can't get through to deluded people.

This is the best outlook on the league we have had in many seasons. Always Arsenal to be dropping out of the top four, but somehow always making it. Now we have good form and it's looking good, how can you talk like that Hayden. Most of the Elite teams are not as strong as they were, sure it could be tighter with Spurs and Liverpool stepping up.

Such negative talk with how things stand I can't understand.

It's 8 games in, This is arsenal we could go on 8 games without winning.

I'm negative and always will be, Wengers changed my attitude and quite frankly when Szczesny is in goal and Walcott at RW I have no hope of us being contenders for anything. Walcott will offer decent width when he comes back and it will feel like something different because we've lacked width with no proper wingers due to injuries but he'll be back to his old poo ability soon enough. Proper brilliant Right winger and GK would do wonders but we still need 3 more players after that.