Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Doubt it' date=' I think Dortmund will be to strong for you lot at home.[/color']

A lot of warn out players in the team also. If Wenger puts out a weaker side I think Dortmund could run riot at home. :o

Should be a decent game.

Tony' date=' do you know Dortmunds injury list? :D[/quote']

I imagine not, He is just out trolling the threads as per usual.

Tony's predictions are usually horribly wrong so lets hope tonight is no different.

On home soil tonight I think we can achieve a point at least we have played well against Dortmund in the past, we last met them 2 years ago.

I imagine not' date=' He is just out trolling the threads as per usual.

Tony's predictions are usually horribly wrong so lets hope tonight is no different.

On home soil tonight I think we can achieve a point at least we have played well against Dortmund in the past, we last met them 2 years ago.[/quote']

Me having my own opinion is trolling? Can't I have a view on a match? IMO I think Arsenal will struggle to win this match.

Not sure what I have said wrong to Consider this as trolling. I think Dortmund will be to strong. I think Arsenal will struggle to win this one.

It is just my opinion, nothing else.

Difficult game to predict in all honesty. If Arsenal come out gunners ablazing (see what I did there ;) ) get to them quickly and score early then I can see them going on and winning the game. A team playing with an abundance of confidence and no fear can go one of two ways:

1) Dominate the game for large spells and go on to win the game with relative ease.

2) Totally capitulate and get absolutely mullered.

I envisage a game with a load of goals and a cracking game for the neutral.... now I have said that it will no doubt be a 0-0 snore fest.

It'll be like the Napoli game. Dortmund are clearly a good team but not one that strikes fear in me.

Champions league finalists (albeit less Gotze) aren't a team to fear? Jesus someone is confident... must be Ramseys fine form giving you that extra boost! :P

Definately no Gundogan or Piszczek either which is a bonus.

Champions league finalists (albeit less Gotze) aren't a team to fear? Jesus someone is confident... must be Ramseys fine form giving you that extra boost! :P

Chelsea won it the previous year, i don't fear them either. They're a good team, as i say, but i see weaknesses there.

Weidenfeller

Sokratis

Hummels

Subotic

Schmelzer

Sahin

Bender

Reus

Mkhitaryan

Błaszczykowski/Aubameyang

Lewandowski

Anyone who brushes that aside is either a complete moron, unknowledgable or massively bias.

Makes me laugh all these people snapping up and lumping on Arsenal at 6/4. Arsenal have faced nobody of this quality yet and all of a sudden they're world beaters. Also if you think Dortmund will roll over like Napoli did, you're in for a rude awakening Infernito.

Weidenfeller

Sokratis

Hummels

Subotic

Schmelzer

Sahin

Bender

Reus

Mkhitaryan

Błaszczykowski/Aubameyang

Lewandowski

Anyone who brushes that aside is either a complete moron' date=' unknowledgable or massively bias.

Makes me laugh all these people snapping up and lumping on Arsenal at 6/4. Arsenal have faced nobody of this quality yet and all of a sudden they're world beaters. Also if you think Dortmund will roll over like Napoli did, you're in for a rude awakening Infernito.[/quote']

Hummels, Kuba or Schmelzer didn't start against Hannover. They have no natural RB fit (Grosskreutz - a LW usually, has been playing there) I expect an Arsenal win given their form and it being at the Emirates but if i were a Gunner i'd be happy with a draw in all honesty as Dortmund are still a very strong team.

Hummels' date=' Kuba or Schmelzer didn't start against Hannover. They have no natural RB fit (Grosskreutz - a LW usually, has been playing there) I expect an Arsenal win given their form and it being at the Emirates but if i were a Gunner i'd be happy with a draw in all honesty as Dortmund are still a very strong team.[/quote']

Hummels was suspended and the other 2 were rested on the bench. Sokratis will play RB like I listed ;)

Too shallow thinking. If Wenger is targeting the CL trophy, then we should be walking with an expected win. If we can't even beat Dortmund then forget about even qualifying. While I have not underestimate Dortmund ability to causing us damage. Bear in mind that our player could do equally the same damage to Dortmund. From my point of view, this has to be an equal match with either side of the team making some minor error. Not to mention, we have Walcott and Flamini out too, so no excuse for Dortmund.

Seen a lot of fair and accurate views in here today. I would take a point now if offered. However with home advantage and our form it would be great if we can win.

However lets not forget that we have no Flamini to break up play so they could be a key factor, specially with Arteta and Santi not long coming back from injury. No Theo so no width, we will have to beat them in the middle which is possible but they have amazing players.

I'm not going to write them off, this is our hardest test in almost a whole year. I just hope without Klopp on the sidelines, Wenget gets his team pumped.

If we lose then so be it but as long as we try as hard as we can and give our all for the shirt then I will be happy.

Anyone who doesn't respect a team like Dortmund needs to do some research. One of the best teams out there and pound for pound better than Arsenal.

Seen a lot of fair and accurate views in here today. I would take a point now if offered. However with home advantage and our form it would be great if we can win.

However lets not forget that we have no Flamini to break up play so they could be a key factor' date=' specially with Arteta and Santi not long coming back from injury. No Theo so no width, we will have to beat them in the middle which is possible but they have amazing players.

I'm not going to write them off, this is our hardest test in almost a whole year. I just hope without Klopp on the sidelines, Wenget gets his team pumped.

If we lose then so be it but as long as we try as hard as we can and give our all for the shirt then I will be happy.

Anyone who doesn't respect a team like Dortmund needs to do some research. One of the best teams out there and pound for pound better than Arsenal.[/quote']

On current form I'd say a draw would be a disappointing result for you guys tbh

However lets not forget that we have no Flamini to break up play so they could be a key factor' date=' specially with Arteta and Santi not long coming back from injury. No Theo so no width, we will have to beat them in the middle which is possible but they have amazing players.

I'm not going to write them off, this is our hardest test in almost a whole year. I just hope[b'] without Klopp on the sidelines[/b], Wenget gets his team pumped.

Anyone who doesn't respect a team like Dortmund needs to do some research. One of the best teams out there and pound for pound better than Arsenal.

Not sure of Klopp's importance really. He himself suggested that it is actually his assistant (don't remember his name) who is the tactical genius and he just passes the info to the players in a motivating manner. But I'd assume they're by now good with the assistant as well.

Anyway, even if Dortmund is one of the top teams around, you should really be going for a victory. To my mind this also is a game that is yours to win or lose. If you have learned enough not to let them give up the possession, you should be able to beat them. If you fall to the trap of apparent domination and let them counter you, then, especially without Flamini covering your defence, you will be in trouble.

So, the first key move is to beware their fast counter attacks and not be caught with defence too high. It is very important that they have to keep the possession. Second key, after this, is to counter them fast instead, since their defence seems pretty slow when surprised high up. This can be done by allowing their defence come relatively high with the ball without real passing chances - as Pellegrini showed. It helps that they have no Gundogan. That's a big advantage for you. You should still take Pellegrini's advice and harass their openings so that Reus and fellows have to come lower to pick the ball, which eliminates a lot of their fast break threat, while giving you the chance to surprise them when they lose the possession near their own goal. Gundogan and Hummels out, the key player is probably Sahin. Both CB's are rather poor ball on feet, so your technically superior, fast attackers should cause them damage if you put them under pressure.

I did actually

Then why would a draw be disappointing? Considering they got to the final last season and are in great form themselves?

Only thing I can see is we have home advantage. Pound for pound there team is stronger. And that is coming from me! A very biased Arsenal fan lmao

Then why would a draw be disappointing? Considering they got to the final last season and are in great form themselves?

Only thing I can see is we have home advantage. Pound for pound there team is stronger. And that is coming from me! A very biased Arsenal fan lmao

Because youre at home and in amazing form. Plus, they have injuries. A draw wouldnt be the worst result in the world but you should be going for the win still.

Giroud will dismantle Hummels who' date=' inspite of popular opinion and sharing my birthday, is possibly the most over rated defender in the world aside from Kompany. The centre backs will deal with their front line with ease and we'll carve them up in midfield. Arsenal 3-0 Dortmund.[/quote']

Kompany aside, I agree with you here, Hummels is so over rated! Subotic saves his blushes over and over!