• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Arsenal Gossip

Arsenal are my "2nd team" so very disappointed today. Whatever buttons Wenger pressed today, this is what his team "Thought he pressed".

Formation: Lets try 2 3 5

Marking: No Definitely Not

Attacking Style: Get forward at all costs

Tempo: Fast Forward, too late back

Tackling Style: Sliding somewhere behind

Slack Marking: Tick

Men in Front of Ball: Tick

Counter Defend: Tick

Mentality: Be very, very niave

All Opposition tactics:

Counter Attack: Yes Obviously

Can we learn some lessons form the "hard knocks school" please & be a little more realistic & blend things a little better than kami Kaze

No excuses I'm afraid :o, we weren't good enough. Fair enough we had some good chances but if you don't take them you get punished. All the goals were a bit of a joke really. The first one, Nasri should be behing Clichy apparently but I don't know too much about that kind of stuff. But what I do know is you can't get done like that! Overall Clichy's got outdone by Ashley Young and now Nani, ok hes just comeback but he has to be doing better. I remember before he got injured in that game against Manchester City in the league, they kept threatening us on Clichy's side. Although the actual goal was genius by Nani and some luck was needed. I don't know if Almunia should be blamed for it but I feel overall he's not a good enough goalkeeper. Is he world class? NO. Imo you need a top keeper to win the league and as a goalkeeper you need a lot of luck as well, but its interesting to know that the best keepers are the ones with luck ;). The second and third goal were both from the counter attack :eek:. Its like the team are losing by 1 goal with 5 minutes to go! Why were so many players bombing forward when there was still so much time left? They did the same against Everton when we were drawing with a fair bit of time left. Is the team actually learning anything? Players like Denilson aren't doing enough, did you see him for that second goal, he may as well have ran the other way! He doesn't have the ability of Cesc so he has to work harder and put more pressure on the other team, he doesn't work hard enough for a player who isn't greatly important to the team. Some people have said that Wenger isn't the greatest tactical manager. I don't know about that but judging by how the team was set out on a number of occassions it could be a fair point. Although he is still the man for me and I'm definitely not questionning his future. I'm sure I've over reacted but why have we stopped our pressing game? The 3 players that need to step up a bit more are Clichy, Denilson and probably Arshavin ( its an opinion). But I would say Gallas and Vermaelen weren't actually bad and Cesc and Rosicky did really try to do somthing. And Walcott put in a improving performance. Even though I've been really negative I still think we can do somthing :P.

SHOCKING Chelsea 2 - 0 Arsenal

just not good enough.

Vermalen playing really bad.

Walcott shocking!!

Arshavin shocking performance

WELL GUYS WE ARE GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER TROPHIELESS SEASON. because we out of both cup competition and we will not win CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. :(

You don't know that yet, you could still win the CL.

How are they able of winning CL when they can't even win the EPL:rolleyes:

They're too very different competitions. In 2005 Liverpool finished 5th in the Premier League and won the Champions League. In recent years English clubs have done well against foreign teams in the CL so I wouldn't rule it out. They aren't my favorites to win it, but I certainly wouldn't rule them out.

They're too very different competitions. In 2005 Liverpool finished 5th in the Premier League and won the Champions League. In recent years English clubs have done well against foreign teams in the CL so I wouldn't rule it out. They aren't my favorites to win it' date=' but I certainly wouldn't rule them out.[/quote']

Yeah, but they aren't playing like Liverpool and Milan for example in the CL. Milan are also playing bad in the league, but atleast they often do well in CL like Liverpool. I wouldn't been shocked if Milan defeats United in the CL.

Yeah we might be out of the race for the EPL, but out of the three English teams left in the CL we have, with all due respect to Porto, the easiest draw. Chelsea and Man U for all we know it could be out in the 1/8th finals, so if we get lucky, beat Porto and draw, either Olympiakos or Bordeaux :P, I think we have a good chance.

SHOCKING Chelsea 2 - 0 Arsenal

just not good enough.

Vermalen playing really bad.

Walcott shocking!!

Arshavin shocking performance

WELL GUYS WE ARE GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER TROPHIELESS SEASON. because we out of both cup competition and we will not win CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. :(

Well there's nothing like positive thinking.........

And that's nothing like positive thinking......

Its not all that bad mate, you wern't that bad today, bit strong to pick on thoes individuals.... I understand some of the frustration though......

Your not that short.... Keep your chin up and keep positive there's much to be positive about there at arsenal..... I just hope we beat you on wednesday, and I hope your right about them individuals you mentioned for wednesday, but, they are better than that and I'm concerned about arshavin.

He's much better in the 'hole' role or deeper thn he is, he's much more of a threat than up front on his own..

good luck after wendesday!!!!

you lot are being harsh on arshavin, it's not his fault he's being played out of posistion. lay of him, he's doing his best. arsene wenger needs to stop being stubborn, arsenal aren't good enough he needs to buy in the summer! will he? probably not. arsenal need more players, he obviously doesn't think bendtner is good enough because he is playing arshavin out of posistion instead of him. walcott is terrible he has done nothing this year, i know he's had injurys, but he's simply not good enough. also, i thought it was a harsh valuation on vermaelen playing 'really bad' when drogba is onform he is unstoppable what defenders can defend against him? plus drogba always plays well against arsenal. i don't know if this is harsh or not but watching them play man utd and chelsea are they really good enough to win the premiership? i don't think they are unless they buy some new players. arsenal have no quality backup players. if gallas or vermaelen are out injured who is there to cover? campbell and djouro i know campbell has been solid when he's played but still not good enough. almunia isn't good enough letalone cover fabianksi. arsenal have good depth in the midfeild department but thats about it. bendtner isn't good enough either he hasn't stepped up to the mark since the injury of robin van persie, i know that might seem kinda harsh because he has just come back from injury. not any other striker can step up to the mark either thats why arshavin is upfront, and you all criticise him unfairly.

you lot are being harsh on arshavin' date=' it's not his fault he's being played out of posistion. lay of him, he's doing his best. arsene wenger needs to stop being stubborn, arsenal aren't good enough he needs to buy in the summer! will he? probably not. arsenal need more players, he obviously doesn't think bendtner is good enough because he is playing arshavin out of posistion instead of him. walcott is terrible he has done nothing this year, i know he's had injurys, but he's simply not good enough. also, i thought it was a harsh valuation on vermaelen playing 'really bad' when drogba is onform he is unstoppable what defenders can defend against him? plus drogba always plays well against arsenal. i don't know if this is harsh or not but watching them play man utd and chelsea are they really good enough to win the premiership? i don't think they are unless they buy some new players. arsenal have no quality backup players. if gallas or vermaelen are out injured who is there to cover? campbell and djouro i know campbell has been solid when he's played but still not good enough. almunia isn't good enough letalone cover fabianksi. arsenal have good depth in the midfeild department but thats about it. bendtner isn't good enough either he hasn't stepped up to the mark since the injury of robin van persie, i know that might seem kinda harsh because he has just come back from injury. not any other striker can step up to the mark either thats why arshavin is upfront, and you all criticise him unfairly.[/font']

Maybe people are being harsh on Arshavin but I think its fair to say he could've done better with some of the chances hes had. You said its difficult for him because hes playing out of position, and yh he might not play as well as he can because of that. But that chance he had when Fabregas played him in wouldn't have made a difference if he played a different position. You would expect him to score because an average PL player can score that and Arshavin is one of the better players in the league. And Arshavin doesn't play the whole game as a centre forward he does drift wide to the left and right throughout the game and even in these positions hes not been to his standards, although we do expect a lot from him. Imo its more down to his tiredness, I think hes got a knock on his foot and is playing with injections, thats what I've heard. If thats the case then ofcourse he isn't going to be at his best. Maybe he needs a two week break of something to get him fresh again, but I don't know when he'll get it because we've still got big games to come. After Liverpool we do have the weekend off so it might make a difference :o.

P.S I agree with you on what you said about Vermaelen and Almunia.

Maybe people are being harsh on Arshavin but I think its fair to say he could've done better with some of the chances hes had. You said its difficult for him because hes playing out of position' date=' and yh he might not play as well as he can because of that. But that chance he had when Fabregas played him in wouldn't have made a difference if he played a different position. You would expect him to score because an average PL player can score that and Arshavin is one of the better players in the league. And Arshavin doesn't play the whole game as a centre forward he does drift wide to the left and right throughout the game and even in these positions hes not been to his standards, although we do expect a lot from him. Imo its more down to his tiredness, I think hes got a knock on his foot and is playing with injections, thats what I've heard. If thats the case then ofcourse he isn't going to be at his best. Maybe he needs a two week break of something to get him fresh again, but I don't know when he'll get it because we've still got big games to come. After Liverpool we do have the weekend off so it might make a difference :o.

P.S I agree with you on what you said about Vermaelen and Almunia.[/quote']

see what i mean arsenal have no depth in squad to let arshavin have a rest, they're simply not good enough when they sustain injuries to they're starting eleven. don't get me wrong arsenal's starting 11 is capable of winning the league. they can't win the league unless they buy, the youth are good, but they're not good enough to replace injured players, i wish wenger could see this. i know vermaelen and gallas are good, but we need a player that can handle players like drogba, it's ridiculous how many goals he has scored against arsenal. drogba has scored 11 goals in 8 games against arsenal it's just not good enough.

I'm so sick of this... Always the same story every year. Getting bored....:(

Yh it is the same story again, but in the 2nd half we played quite well, thats what makes it even more frustrating :mad:. But I can't believe we've lost 0-3 and 2-0 to Chelsea and 1-3 against United! Whenever we lost against these teams it was usually the odd goal. Man its blatant for everyone to see that we're crying out for a striker. I can't believe an International friendly ruined a whole season :eek:. But nah people said we were going to fight for 4th so lets just see what happens against Liverpool.... Surely we can't lose again :(.

Well tbh, I personally think everyone at Arsenal FC needs to pull their god **** socks up!

I'll take heart from the fact that we didn't play to badly, and as someone said earlier (sorry can't remember who) we're not that far away, but thing can't keep going on like this each season, because the club will just lose supporters and seats at the emirates! Sounds drastic I kno but we should always be fighting for the title imo.

Changers are needed, that much is certain and I think it needs to start from the top.

I love wenger to death and I dnt think there is anyone better suited for the arsenal job, but I think he's getting a bit to comfortable with only having to produce top 4 finishes and CL football each year. Yes he makes us a healthy profit each but I think he needs a bit more pressure from the top to deliver, wether he'd leave if that happened I don't know.

Each transfer period Wenger or Hill-Wood comes out and says there is mony avalible to spend. Then why aren't we spending it. I understand we have the debt on the Emirates to pay off but surely with the prices they charge for tickets and the supposed profit we make, there has to be something avalible with which we can add to our squad! And that brings me on too our CEO, Ivan what's his face, gazidis I belive. What has he actually done for our club??? I can actually confidently say I have no idea. David Dean anyone?

Unfortuantly I think some people at the club are more interested in profit margins and turnovers then the dust gathering in our trophey cabinet, if they even bothered to build us one.

And finally the team. I honestly think some players just don't care enough too win. Apart from cesc who's there when our backs against the wall to really give a eh hmm and change things around? Henry would have bled for Arsenal, but who would do that now?

I don't like critizing our team but a few players have to go!

1. Almunia- he just looks like a rabbit caught in headlights, I can't remember the last clean sheet he kept! Manone should be number 1 unroll we buy a new keeper!

2. Please sell that wally silvest. He donsent play, and I kno he has experiance but we have sol back now! He's not good enough and we really need to replace him!

3. Sell or loan Denilson. He's to niave, and whilst he's improved it's too slow, unlike song or diaby.

4. For the love of God buy a striker. I know we'll probably have to many then but what's the betting someone will be injured next season? We all know Arshavin isn't a striker but what other choice do we have atm? He's clearly off form so give the guy a break, you'd rather have him in your team then not?

5. Eboue for sagna, and when Gibbs is fit drop clichy for a few games!

I might sound a bit mad, but honestly I'm not a mad deppressing fan :) lol. I just love arsenal and want my team to win! Anyways rant over :P

I'm a Liverpool fan and looking forward to the wednesday's game. (Apparently) you have Eduardo' date=' Vela & RVP injured and Bendtner not completely fit so who will you use in attack? Walcott? Arshavin?[/quote']

To be fair, Arshavin has been more than enough in the last couple of games between the sides :( . 6 clean sheets in 7 for Liverpool and another one would do nicely, but Arsenal have the Indian sign over our defence in recent times. I think Arsenal willl have the confidence of knowing they usually perform well against us going into the game and it will have to be a spiritied rearguard action for Liverpool for us to get anything out of the game.