Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

To be fair I dont care who we get , All the teams we could be up against deserve the upmost respect , A madrid are not a weak side and I would certainly argue thats the team I would want to draw. Bring on any team , We just have to sell Jenkinson and we would be fine :o:p

The best thing about yesterday was Henry and Nev making Redknapp squirm B)

I think a fair few of you are correct Jenkinson has to be sold. I can not see him being a top player, it's worrying as Sagna is free to leave soon and that's all we have. I hope we can sign a new deal for Bacary or if not then sign a top RB.

Anyone feeling nervous? I ain't writing of our chances but I'm starting to see cracks in the team and I can't see us beating City. I really hope we do but from past years experience it makes me feel on edge.

Sagna will be back though and Gibbs will be up for it anyway.

A lot can happen from now until the match' date=' Imagine Sagna, Per, Kosc all out..

I ain't writing of our chances but I'm starting to see cracks in the team

No plan B is what is hurting us upfront and Cazorla out at LW the 2nd coming of arshavin.

I think a fair few of you are correct Jenkinson has to be sold. I can not see him being a top player' date=' it's worrying as Sagna is free to leave soon and that's all we have. I hope we can sign a new deal for Bacary or if not then sign a top RB.

Anyone feeling nervous? I ain't writing of our chances but I'm starting to see cracks in the team and I can't see us beating City. I really hope we do but from past years experience it makes me feel on edge.[/quote']

I would prefer to see you lot win it over Man City or Chelsea but i just cannot see it.

Whenever i think of Arsenal and winning the league, i just always think back to that image of Gallas sat on the pitch at Birmingham realising you've probably thrown it away.

There's just something about you where i cannot see you winning it. A lack of an actual leader perhaps? I'm not sure. I suspect you'll succumb to Man City's advances around February time and finish 3rd.

You bunch of pessimistic losers! :P

We are top at the moment because simply we are the best team , If we get the luck and bring our A game we can beat City and/or chelsea. We just need to show everybody that we are a good team and we have a chance of Winning the PL , Not 4th , 3rd or even 2nd but 1st (for those that cant count). We do need to strengthen in January which I hope we will and we have players coming back soon so comon be optimistic :P We have to sell Jenkinson tho as he just blows :P

I would prefer to see you lot win it over Man City or Chelsea but i just cannot see it.

Whenever i think of Arsenal and winning the league' date=' i just always think back to that image of Gallas sat on the pitch at Birmingham realising you've probably thrown it away.

There's just something about you where i cannot see you winning it. [b']A lack of an actual leader perhaps[/b]? I'm not sure. I suspect you'll succumb to Man City's advances around February time and finish 3rd.

I'm going to slap the next person that says this.

A lot can happen from now until the match' date=' Imagine Sagna, Per, Kosc all out..

.[/quote']

What is wrong with people in here? I've been reading two minutes and that's twice I've been so irritated that i'm currently incapable of formulating an appropriate slap down. Someone say something intelligent please.

Of course you are.

It's true though. You don't have a leader. Who?

What defines a leader? In most people's eyes, somebody that shouts a lot and stands out for it. Leaders should be considered to be those who set an example by their performances and not by histrionics like clapping occasionally, shouting like an ape and the odd overly dramatic tackle. We have several perfect players who meet my criteria. Your initial argument is a complete cop out and completely wrong.

What defines a leader? In most people's eyes' date=' somebody that shouts a lot and stands out for it. Leaders should be considered to be those who set an example by their performances and not by histrionics like clapping occasionally, shouting like an ape and the odd overly dramatic tackle. We have several perfect players who meet my criteria. Your initial argument is a complete cop out and completely wrong.[/quote']
lead·er

ˈlēdər/

noun

noun: leader; plural noun: leaders

the person who leads or commands a group, organization, or country.

The definition of leader in it's purest form.

You have no one who commands or leads. It's not about histrionics and clapping, it's about motivating and leading your team when your backs are against the wall or when they're in need of guidance.

There's a reason a lot of people keep saying it. ;)

The definition of leader in it's purest form.

You have no one who commands or leads. It's not about histrionics and clapping' date=' it's about motivating and leading your team when your backs are against the wall or when they're in need of guidance.

There's a reason a lot of people keep saying it. ;)[/quote']

Adolf Hitler was a leader, perhaps we should sign him from his secret bunker.

People also kept saying Thomas Vermaelen was better then Koscielny, and some still do. I've learned the general consensus in football is usually wrong because people don't base their opinions on firm fact, just guess work from a distance. Mertesacker, 100 caps for Germany, why isn't he a leader? Koscielny, with the way he plays, why he's not a leader? Sagna, all his commitment, why's he not one? Ramsey from his injury to now, Wilshere with his character, Ozil with his experience. These aren't your Eboues, Adebayor, Van Persies, Clichies any more. I think you need this lack of a leader idea to die, to be honest. It's completely false.

What defines a leader? In most people's eyes' date=' somebody that shouts a lot and stands out for it. Leaders should be considered to be those who set an example by their performances and not by histrionics like clapping occasionally, shouting like an ape and the odd overly dramatic tackle. We have several perfect players who meet my criteria. Your initial argument is a complete cop out and completely wrong.[/quote']

The idea of a leader is an interesting concept mainly because the definition of a leader can be interpreted in different ways. I tend to agree with you that a lot of people seem to think you have to shout and scream to be. Leader where as personally I don't think thatis necessarily true.

The definition can be very different and a leader can be just as effective in different ways, take my club as an example Carra was a leader and a vocal one where as Gerrard is a leader but in a different way he leads by example and sets the standards for others to follow.

Arsenal will be just the same you don't necessarily need a vocal type to have those qualities as long as the so called leader is respected by his peers I think others will follow there example.

The definition can be very different and a leader can be just as effective in different ways' date=' take my club as an example Carra was a leader and a vocal one where as Gerrard is a leader but in a different way he leads by example and sets the standards for others to follow.[/quote']

Gerrard is a great leader though. He can lead not only by example, but by galvanizing the players around him.

In a game like the Man United game where Arsenal were losing, and the players look around for someone to turn to, someone who is going to motivate them, someone who's going to talk to them, someone who is going to drag them by the scruff of the neck and get back into the game and they don't have anybody like that.

Everyone has a different opinion on leadership and I'm not going to tell anyone they're wrong but the fact this subject comes up again and again with Arsenal, shows there's something to it - Despite infernito's insistence to the contrary.

Gerrard is a great leader though. He can lead not only by example' date=' but by galvanizing the players around him.

In a game like the Man United game where Arsenal were losing, and the players look around for someone to turn to, someone who is going to motivate them, someone who's going to talk to them, someone who is going to drag them by the scruff of the neck and get back into the game and they don't have anybody like that.

Everyone has a different opinion on leadership and I'm not going to tell anyone they're wrong but t[b']he fact this subject comes up again and again with Arsenal, shows there's something to i[/b]t - Despite infernito's insistence to the contrary.

Yes but how many times has it come up THIS season? Aaah.....

Infernito 1 - 0 Guerilla

In a game like the Man United game where Arsenal were losing' date=' and the players look around for someone to turn to, someone who is going to motivate them, someone who's going to talk to them, someone who is going to drag them by the scruff of the neck and get back into the game and they don't have anybody like that.[/quote']

Arsenal's 'go to' player; Mertesacker wasn't playing. If he was playing they likely wouldn't have conceded the goal they did.

Using an Old Trafford game as an example is pointless anyway. Arsenal have generally failed miserably there for more than a decade, whether they had a 'leader' or not. That fixture is more of a mental block than anything team related.

Gerrard is a great leader though. He can lead not only by example' date=' but by galvanizing the players around him.

Everyone has a different opinion on leadership and I'm not going to tell anyone they're wrong but the fact this subject comes up again and again with Arsenal, shows there's something to it - Despite infernito's insistence to the contrary.[/quote']

True but players like Gerrard don't come around very often, I don't think Arsenal have anybody who you may view as the "traditional" leadership material but they have players who can lead by example, not in e same galvanising way as a Gerrard or people of that ilk but I think people such as Kos, Mertersacker for example are setting standards this season.

As you say all open to interpretation though leaders come in different shapes and forms though.

Yes but how many times has it come up THIS season? Aaah.....

Infernito 1 - 0 Guerilla

It comes up every time you lose or draw this season. That and the old striker debate of is Giroud good enough? That from Arsenal fans and not myself though' date=' I'd like to point out. :P

Arsenal's 'go to' player; Mertesacker wasn't playing. If he was playing they likely wouldn't have conceded the goal they did.

Using an Old Trafford game as an example is pointless anyway. Arsenal have generally failed miserably there for more than a decade, whether they had a 'leader' or not. That fixture is more of a mental block than anything team related.

Like you said - It was just an example.

Although, how can it be a 'mental block' for more than a decade if most of the Arsenal team have been with them no more than 3 or 4 years. :rolleyes:

It comes up every time you lose or draw this season. That and the old striker debate of is Giroud good enough? That from Arsenal fans and not myself though' date=' I'd like to point out. :P

Like you said - It was just an example.

Although, how can it be a 'mental block' for more than a decade if most of the Arsenal team have been with them no more than 3 or 4 years. :rolleyes:[/quote']

I specified 'not anything team related'.

As a club they are just scared of playing there. In good form or not they always capitulate which just shows that it is definitely a mental block. Whether the manager instills that into his players I don't know.

I didn't think they had a say in that' date=' I'm pretty sure they have to give you 9,000 if you wanted them. How have they stopped that? Charging £62 once again for away supporters is criminal, and shouldn't be allowed to happen.[/quote']

The Club applied for the maximum allocation of 9000 tickets (15%) for the forthcoming FA Cup third round tie at the Emirates Stadium. Following lengthy conversations, Arsenal Football Club has advised us that on safety and security grounds, experienced at previous Cup fixtures this season, they are only able to provide an allocation of 5,186 (8.64%).

As the security issues cited related to safety in the Upper Tier we subsequently requested an extended allocation in the Lower Tier. We have been informed that this is also not possible due to segregation and safety issues.

Can only assume Chelsea kicked off and they correctly assumed we would be worse. OT but I am finally making the trip to the Liberty in the new year, looking forward to it after having a laugh at Cardiff.