Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

The Club applied for the maximum allocation of 9000 tickets (15%) for the forthcoming FA Cup third round tie at the Emirates Stadium. Following lengthy conversations' date=' Arsenal Football Club has advised us that on safety and security grounds, experienced at previous Cup fixtures this season, they are only able to provide an allocation of 5,186 (8.64%).

As the security issues cited related to safety in the Upper Tier we subsequently requested an extended allocation in the Lower Tier. We have been informed that this is also not possible due to segregation and safety issues.[/color']

Can only assume Chelsea kicked off and they correctly assumed we would be worse. OT but I am finally making the trip to the Liberty in the new year, looking forward to it after having a laugh at Cardiff.

They really shouldn't tar every club with the same brush, and they certainly should have been able to overcome the safety issues if they needed to. They are required to give 15% of there allocation to away supporters, if the away club applies for them. They are the rules, Arsenal can't make there own rules up and just not give them the tickets, it's a requirement that they need to follow. If there were safety issues, they'd be able to address them but there really shouldn't be. The Emirates structurally is the best ground in the country, and is a safe sporting venue. If Old Trafford can hold 15% of their allocation for away fans then why can't the Emirates?

The Club applied for the maximum allocation of 9000 tickets (15%) for the forthcoming FA Cup third round tie at the Emirates Stadium. Following lengthy conversations' date=' Arsenal Football Club has advised us that on safety and security grounds, experienced at previous Cup fixtures this season, they are only able to provide an allocation of 5,186 (8.64%).

As the security issues cited related to safety in the Upper Tier we subsequently requested an extended allocation in the Lower Tier. We have been informed that this is also not possible due to segregation and safety issues.[/color']

Can only assume Chelsea kicked off and they correctly assumed we would be worse. OT but I am finally making the trip to the Liberty in the new year, looking forward to it after having a laugh at Cardiff.

Saying that they can't improve safety and security whilst charging you £62 is a farce.

Not shocked. Flamini is much more important than Arteta due to City's attacking capabilities. Then, Gibbs was poor against Everton and Napoli hence Monreal deserved to start. We have become a very strong counter attack force, with Ozil and Walcott starting, I am confident Walcott can get at least 1 clear cut chance.

Rumours: Sagna going to sign 2 years contract and according to Sanabria agent, we are expected to complete this Barcelona teen sensation by next week.

Interesting line-up. Gibbs is injured I'd say' date=' but Monreal deserves a start nonetheless. Hopefully Wilshere can put on a good performance, he wouldn't have been my first choice as Cazorla was probably our best player against Napoli. But Theo is back, let's see what he can do.[/quote']

You're right. Just checked the list and I realized Gibbs didn't even made it to the bench. I thought Rosicky should start ahead of Wilshere. Always have and always will prefer an in form Rosicky ahead of Wilshere.