Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

You keep saying that but it's incorrect. Not everyone thought you'd be in the Europa League.

Majority did say that though even if you didn't.

They also said this year Spurs will over take Arsenal... Hahahahahahahahaha got to love Levy! Buys players who AVB didn't want and then sacks him lol

AVB wanted those players in my opinion, he cant use that as an excuse.

Anyway what do you guys think if the prospect of Costa next summer? Will take some hard work to take him away from Atletico but if we could do it, Id go crazy. I think hes the one signing who can be as good a signing as Suarez wouldve been.

AVB wanted those players in my opinion' date=' he cant use that as an excuse.

Anyway what do you guys think if the prospect of Costa next summer? Will take some hard work to take him away from Atletico but if we could do it, Id go crazy. I think hes the one signing who can be as good a signing as Suarez wouldve been.[/quote']

Nope he wanted Coentrao and Moutinho and Mangala... Instead he go tosh lol

Still find it odd how people can laugh at us finishing second in a group that featured last seasons finalists?? :confused: As well as big spending Napoli. Pretty sure everyone said we wouldn't even qualify lol yet still try to mock us after proving many wrong :P

Its a very hard draw, don't think we will win unless someone who isnt cup tied arrived in January. But you never know in cup football, who would have seen Juventus go out last week?

Should be a great game to watch anyways :)

Still find it odd how people can laugh at us finishing second in a group that featured last seasons finalists?? :confused: As well as big spending Napoli. Pretty sure everyone said we wouldn't even qualify lol yet still try to mock us after proving many wrong :P

Its a very hard draw' date=' don't think we will win unless someone who isnt cup tied arrived in January. But you never know in cup football, who would have seen Juventus go out last week?

Should be a great game to watch anyways :)[/quote']

Who has laughed at you finishing second?? I ain't seen anybody who has.

The reality is though you got yourself into a dominant position to win the group, get yourself a relatively easy passage to the last eight but a pretty lifeless performance has meant you are now likely (not Definetley) to go out in the last sixteen. The club, Wenger, the players must have known the importance of winning your group especially after the past draws you have had, that's why if I was an Arsenal fan. Would have found the performance (or complete lack of rather) in Napoli to be so frustrating.

It might not actually be a bad thing for your title chances though providing you are still up there come end if Feb/March time.

The reality is though you got yourself into a dominant position to win the group' date=' get yourself a relatively easy passage to the last eight but a pretty lifeless performance has meant you are now likely (not Definetley) to go out in the last sixteen. The club, Wenger, the players must have known the importance of winning your group especially after the past draws you have had, that's why if I was an Arsenal fan. Would have found the performance (or complete lack of rather) in Napoli to be so frustrating.

It might not actually be a bad thing for your title chances though providing you are still up there come end if Feb/March time.[/quote']

Ray makes some good points. I didn't see anyone knocking us for qualifying but I understand those who laughed when we threw away being first.

As Ray said if we go out it could help our chances in the league.

Here

Avoiding a heavy defeat sure has worked. Bayern Munich. LOL.

Maybe it isnt, in my eye it looks like it but if im wrong then I apologise

We played poor against Napoli, but they have a good home record. Even beat Dortmund there and in the past Chelsea. It is not an easy place for any team to get a result and was always gonna be a game that we would struggle (Some players seemed to have the City game in there minds).

The game against Napoli isnt the reason we finished second anyway, we were reckless in the home game to Dortmund trying to win and got punished. But enough about that, im looking forward to this tie very much, it we go through thats awesome, if we go out which is likely then we can just try and go for the league and maybe FA Cup.

You keep saying that but it's incorrect. Not everyone thought you'd be in the Europa League.

In fairness to Arsenal that is EXACTLY what everyone was saying at the start of the season; especially after the Villa game. Anyone who says otherwise is either:

- Lying

- Didn't commit to an opinion anyway

They were apparently destined to finish 5th/6th even and were a sure thing for 3rd place in their Champions League group.

Looking at things now they really messed up their chances in that final Napoli game. An absolutely disgraceful performance which perhaps would have been justified if they got something from the City game: which they certainly did not.

Like Greizmann. Dunno if he is gonna add too much to wahts there though.. Id still grab him anyday' date=' but id like an out an out forward type to either play back up to Giroud or even someone better (girouds been great btw)

we should go in for COSTA XD or Lewa if he hasnt already basically signed for Bayern. Suarez is a maybe, but i dont like his attitude. maybe the only real High profile options about in Jan.[/quote']

We won't be getting anyone that plays for a champions league team if we are still in the competition.

We need to stop worrying about if they will be CL tied or not cause EPL is priority. Griezmann fits the bill for me cause hes actually a LW where as our LWs are either a striker or cams and we need to sort out our left side once and for all with a quality winger then we can actually rotate Ozil and Cazorla and maybe Podolski can get some games in our strike or be rotated with Griezmann. Ox probably does get left out here but Ive heard a lot of talk about him being a future centre midfielder.

The reality is though you got yourself into a dominant position to win the group' date=' get yourself a relatively easy passage to the last eight but a pretty lifeless performance has meant you are now likely (not Definetley) to go out in the last sixteen. The club, Wenger, the players must have known the importance of winning your group especially after the past draws you have had, that's why if I was an Arsenal fan. Would have found the performance (or complete lack of rather) in Napoli to be so frustrating.

It might not actually be a bad thing for your title chances though providing you are still up there come end if Feb/March time.[/quote']

Hit the nail on the head for me.

I find it hard to comment sometimes, you guys seem to cover everything by the time I get on here these days.

We need to stop worrying about if they will be CL tied or not cause EPL is priority. Griezmann fits the bill for me cause hes actually a LW where as our LWs are either a striker or cams and we need to sort out our left side once and for all with a quality winger then we can actually rotate Ozil and Cazorla and maybe Podolski can get some games in our strike or be rotated with Griezmann. Ox probably does get left out here but Ive heard a lot of talk about him being a future centre midfielder.

The only position I'm concerned with is strike.

Giroud has proved himself worthy, but wasteful.

A clinical striker would give us the cutting edge we need to put teams like City and Bayern to the sword.

Of course the competition for places would probably improve Giroud and give him a rest also.

We won't be getting anyone that plays for a champions league team if we are still in the competition.

maybe true, but if it were me id still do it, EPL i beluieve should be our priority. can we win UCL? probably not this year in all honesty, but i truly believe we can take the EPL this season.

maybe true' date=' but if it were me id still do it, EPL i beluieve should be our priority. can we win UCL? probably not this year in all honesty, but i truly believe we can take the EPL this season.[/quote']

It's not about our CL progress it's about their current clubs progress. Very rarely will a top player leave in jan if their club is doing well in the CL or league.

I watched the Viera V Keane documentary for the 3rd time last night,I'm still n awe of it. Absolutely fantastic documentary.

Vieira touched on the current side, and mentioned how there are no leaders. Reckon this is still true?

Mertesacker is starting to grow into a leader for me, and I reckon Flamini and Arteta show that their professionalism can be a leadership skill too.

I watched the Viera V Keane documentary for the 3rd time last night' date='I'm still n awe of it. Absolutely fantastic documentary.

Vieira touched on the current side, and mentioned how there are no leaders. Reckon this is still true?

Mertesacker is starting to grow into a leader for me, and I reckon Flamini and Arteta show that their professionalism can be a leadership skill too.[/quote']

I wouldn't listen to Vieira, he's an idiot.

His constant flirtations with Real Madrid became tiresome. Brilliant player' date=' should have learnt to keep his gob shut.[/quote']

Showed his true colours by staying on an extra year, and it was indeed the club then who accepted an offer for him without him knowing.

Goes to show what some fans actually know..

Showed his true colours by staying on an extra year' date=' and it was indeed the club then who accepted an offer for him without him knowing.

Goes to show what some fans actually know..[/quote']

club legend' date=' former captain and [b']invincable,[/b] show a bit of respect

At least i know how to spell invincstable.

What Fab said really. Giant ego and most of what he's said about Arsenal since leaving has been mainly negative. You can call him what you like but he certainly shouldn't be bracketed alongside the like of Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Gilberto and so forth. If you want to feel sorry for former players, it's the last two i mentioned. Gibba hardly got a kick in his last season and Pires subbed off in the CL final in unfortunate circumstances and that was his last game for us. Yet neither of those two moan like old women.