Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Well this wasn't too bad, Wilshere seemed like he had a normal day at the office and was very good, Walcott, Cazorla, Rosicky, etc. were meh but functional, Giroud is effective enough to give you an excuse to not buy (even though you'd like an upgrade), etc.

Seems like Ramsey, Wilshere, and Ozil are your difference-makers so a very fine result considering 2/3 of them were unavailable.

I'm getting a feeling that those are really the players that separate a team from a mid-table one like Newcastle/Everton. In comparing teams player-to-player, everybody else is more or less a wash.

Slight shoulder problem apparently. But Wenger said he'd rest a few players anyway.

I expect Podolski to come on at around 60 minutes when the score will still be 0-0. And yeah' date=' Santon v Walcott should be interesting.[/quote']

I'm quite nervous about tomorrow to be honest. You're in decent form. I think we might be okay defensively' date=' the only one that worries me is Ben Arfa. At the same time, I think we'll struggle to score. I'm seeing a 0-0 bore fest. But hopefully I'm wrong and we can win it.[/quote']

Great prediction from me. I don't understand why he doesn't play Podolski.

Dirty 3 points but who cares.

Dirty 3 points ? These kind of results are the sweetest.

Jenkinson :o:o

Bentdner would have probably missed anyway.

Bentdner would have probably missed anyway.

Think Jenkinson was given instructions to a) play it safe, and B) slow things down.

ofc given that situation playing fast and taking a shot at scoring would've been better but sometimes a young kid like him is so mentally stuck on sticking to his instructions that he doesn't figure it out until 5 secs later at which point the situation has passed.

Well this wasn't too bad' date=' Wilshere seemed like he had a normal day at the office and was very good, Walcott, Cazorla, Rosicky, etc. were meh but functional, Giroud is effective enough to give you an excuse to not buy (even though you'd like an upgrade), etc.

Seems like Ramsey, Wilshere, and Ozil are your difference-makers so a very fine result considering 2/3 of them were unavailable.

I'm getting a feeling that those are really the players that separate a team from a mid-table one like Newcastle/Everton. In comparing teams player-to-player, everybody else is more or less a wash.[/quote']

Really good review. Ramsey, Rosicky (best player for Arsenal in this game), Ozil and Cazorla are the main difference-makers for me though. Wilshere is so bad in this game and most of his passing were sideways or back and I can't really remember any of the chances he created. Expectation on his is high and so far he has failed to impress me.

Cazorla looks too tired probably because of the West Ham game.

I'm quite nervous about tomorrow to be honest. You're in decent form. I think we might be okay defensively' date=' the only one that worries me is Ben Arfa. At the same time, I think we'll struggle to score. I'm seeing a 0-0 bore fest. But hopefully I'm wrong and we can win it.[/quote']
Great prediction from me.

Not quite sure how this is a great prediction when you stated a 0-0 draw which it wasn't!

Really good review. Ramsey' date=' Rosicky (best player for Arsenal in this game), Ozil and Cazorla are the main difference-makers for me though. Wilshere is so bad in this game and most of his passing were sideways or back and I can't really remember any of the chances he created. Expectation on his is high and so far he has failed to impress me.

Cazorla looks too tired probably because of the West Ham game.[/quote']

I have an addition to that list: Mertesacker

I haven't seen much of him but the little I've seen reminds me of Vidic

Not quite sure how this is a great prediction when you stated a 0-0 draw which it wasn't!

Ahh stop crying. Look at my previous post as well. It was a lucky win, we only created a few half chances. I did say we weren't going to have any problems at the back and that we'll struggle to score as well, didn't I ?

I dont think the ref was that bad but then again, I only watched the 2nd half. What the ref could be criticised for is the decision for Flamini's challenge on Debuchy but we see those a lot and they go 50/50 a lot of the time.

Tough loss from what for the most part was a pretty even game.

You had your spells in possession but did very little until the free kick, which could be argued that it wasn't even a free kick in the first place, but whatever.

You did well cramming the midfield and stopping us playing through the middle, forcing us to fling balls into the box.

A good sign for you though, winning a game without your best players. One of those hard-fought tough wins that you normally wouldn't win.