Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

I didn't forget Bendtner. I deliberately left him out.

And although Podolski and Walcott are decent players and both did play striker at their previous clubs' date=' there's a difference in expectations between Koln/Southampton, who have both been in the second division recently and Arsenal, who want to be challenging for 4th spot in the PL[/quote']

Ahem, challenging for the title.

Where was the complacency? All I noticed was high levels of fatigue. Out current team is more than fine. We could do with a back up striker but we can rotate if no one is available until end of season.

The complacency is the inability to consistently maintain positive results.

Whatever the reason, it's Arsene's job to figure out why and do something about it.

If it is due to fatigue, then surely new players are needed to rest the tired ones?

I like our team. Even players like Jenkinson, Gibbs and Ramsey when he was getting slated. I look at City's squad and I think they're right behind us now and they're more equipped. It would be a good idea to do something to prevent them from getting the upper hand and ensure we remain consistent.

Why would you want to change a team that's top? Ridiculous thing to say and even agree on. If we have done this well with 5 in midfield and 1 up top then keep it that way. Just rotate when needed or make good subs.

Trying it out wont harm anyone' date=' Wenger is no stranger to a 4-4-2 system to be honest and currently its working well with Man City playing it too.

Team for cardiff anyway with all those injuries

[center']Szczesny

Sagna-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Flamini

Arteta-Wilshere

Gnabry-Cazorla-Podolski

Bendtner[/center]

Trying it out wont harm anyone' date=' Wenger is no stranger to a 4-4-2 system to be honest and currently its working well with Man City playing it too.

[center']Szczesny

Arteta-Wilshere

Gnabry-Cazorla-Podolski

Bendtner[/center]

Not really too sure that City have been playing a 4-4-2,as its been either Negredo or Dzeko with the 3 behind,but it could work for Arsenal,with Podolski supporting.Maybe a city fan could correct this.

Wenger likes the onus on the midfield,as its full of quality.

there players arsenal need them to be fit if we have any chance of winning the league or making top 4 :P

Per Mertesacker: really really impressed by him for guy that got no pace especially when he play with koscielny. winning everything in the air and one of clean defender in premier league no many yellow card.

Koscielny: He really makes different when he plays got speed and strength...and can read the game very well

Giroud: Yes he hasn't score many goals and yes he missed so many chances but nobody see the work rate and defensive duty he does like clearing the ball from corner and free kick when other team are attacking us. and the way he hold up the ball for others I haven't seen any player do it better as well as him especially long ball controlling it for the chest bringing other players into the game something padolski and bendtner can't do... well I havent seen it

Arteta or flamini: they should never play together in midfield either one play and another in the bench simple.. looking at the game against napoli tells the whole story they can't play together in midfield but saying that they both protect the back four very very well especially flamini I can hear his voice in my tv he so loud

these players need to be fit for us to have any chance

(ozil and walcott and cazorla and sagna are also important but not as much as the players above)

[center']Szczesny

Arteta-Wilshere

Gnabry-Cazorla-Podolski

Bendtner[/center]

You know when Ozil first arrived and Jack played LW I wondered what he'd be like at full back. I think Jack could make a world class full back if he put his mind to it. I'd rather see Jack there then Flamini. We really need Flam in the middle and this season Wilshere has been replaceable.

Did anyone get a good look at the 3 at the back formation in the last few minutes against Newcastle?

Do you guys think we could play that for a whole game?

there players arsenal need them to be fit if we have any chance of winning the league or making top 4 :P

Per Mertesacker...

Koscielny...

Giroud...

Arteta or flamini...

these players need to be fit for us to have any chance

(ozil and walcott and cazorla and sagna are also important but not as much as the players above)

I concur.

However, I saw the importance of Ozil during his absence at Newcastle.

Although I think you're right in the sense that he is just another good player for us and others are more important, but we could have used some extra creativity to unlock the defence and he's very good at picking the right pass.

Walcot for me has to be in that bracket of vital players.

He can make the difference.

We've seen his effectiveness with blistering pace and his goal scoring ability against West Ham.

In a tight game when Giroud can't produce the goods we need someone to stand up and be counted and I say that someone is Theo Walcott.

If he gets back on top form we win the league.

Whats everyone hoping for this transfer window. I know completely different from the summer window and unavailability for UCL. We can still debate and dream.

I feel that if Wenger really wanted to spend money on a good striker we could easily put up another transfer like Ozil.

Costa has a buy out clause? Though UCL ban wouldn't matter, league just as important.

Falcao, well something isn't right with Monaco. It would take crazy money, 60/70m. Available for UCL

Benteke, could rediscover form with us. Likely to be cheaper now and Aston Villa likely to listen. Also available for UCL.

I would be happy with any of these reinforcements for the forward position.

I can't stand Bendnter being fielded, why the f is he still here. Giroud injured now, Pod and Walcott can be thrown in there for a few games, but i'd rather not.

Whats everyone hoping for this transfer window. I know completely different from the summer window and unavailability for UCL. We can still debate and dream.

I feel that if Wenger really wanted to spend money on a good striker we could easily put up another transfer like Ozil.

Costa has a buy out clause? Though UCL ban wouldn't matter' date=' league just as important.

Falcao, well something isn't right with Monaco. It would take crazy money, 60/70m. Available for UCL

Benteke, could rediscover form with us. Likely to be cheaper now and Aston Villa likely to listen. Also available for UCL.

I would be happy with any of these reinforcements for the forward position.

I can't stand Bendnter being fielded, why the f is he still here. Giroud injured now, Pod and Walcott can be thrown in there for a few games, but i'd rather not.[/quote']

My wish would be Costa....I know he'd be cuptied for UCL but arguably the league and domestic cups are priority.....let's try to meet his valuation if it don't work out, Benteke is a cheaper albeit less effective alternative....

Benteke has a four year deal with us, without a release clause. There's no reason why his valuation would be lower than the £25m we asked for in the summer. If anything it would have gone up. We don't have to sell either

And play Jack Wilshere at left back?! Wow. What a way to destroy one of the most talented and gifted players of a generation. Stick him at left back.. Now I've heard it all from you OtN.

It's bad enough he's dumped out on the wing

Benteke has a four year deal with us' date=' without a release clause. There's no reason why his valuation would be lower than the £25m we asked for in the summer. If anything it would have gone up. We don't have to sell either

And play Jack Wilshere at left back?! Wow. What a way to destroy one of the most talented and gifted players of a generation. Stick him at left back.. Now I've heard it all from you OtN.

It's bad enough he's dumped out on the wing[/quote']

How on Earth could his value have gone up??

He has by and large been pretty pathetic this season, his performances have been dire, his output woeful......based on this seasons performances I am mystified as to how you can think his value would have gone up....your own fans are cheering when he is subbed etc etc...

If anything his value has headed one way and it ain't North, he was never worth the 25m quoted in the first place and he certainly aint worth that now.

L. Podolski is the likely replacement for Olivier Giroud in Arsenal's attack against Cardiff.

Source: The Telegraph

What do you think?

I think Bendtner will start upfront and Podolski will play on the left wing, specially if neither Gibbs nor Nacho start, as he will be more helpfull defensively than Wilshere or Cazorla and does not mind tracking back.

Benteke has a four year deal with us' date=' without a release clause. There's no reason why his valuation would be lower than the £25m we asked for in the summer. If anything it would have gone up. We don't have to sell either

[/quote']

Because he hasn't performed this season and has been injury prone too, that value will have gone down rather than up. The only thing is Villa don't need to sell, but now they won't get the 25m for him like last summer, they might decide to cash in as much as they can. Seeing as how they have coped without him somewhat.

We don't need to sell Benteke for any reason. His form has dipped but that in itself is not a reason for us to cash in on him.

He has a four year contract with us without a release clause in it so we can quote whatever price we want; whether he's worth it or not is irrelevant

We don't need to sell Benteke for any reason. His form has dipped but that in itself is not a reason for us to cash in on him.

He has a four year contract with us without a release clause in it so we can quote whatever price we want; whether he's worth it or not is irrelevant

He certainly isn't worth 25m now.

He certainly isn't worth 25m now.

Fortunately for us, that doesn't matter. He's on a four year contract with no release clause, so he is worth whatever we ask for. If you're not gonna pay what we ask for, we won't sell.

Simple as.

Tying your best players down to big contracts is a good idea in football. Allowing them to run down their contracts to one year or eighteen months left and so being at the player's mercy when they ask to leave would be suicidal. I can't imagine any big club would let that happen though