Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Little off topic' date=' does anybody know when Sanogo is expected to return?[/quote']

Yaya Sanogo's return date is around 17/18 January;

Wenger said he will help the team in the second part of the season.

Dont really want Berbatov' date=' he doesnt seem to come back and press like Giroud does at times, seems sort of lazy plus hes out of form too.[/quote']

form? 3 in 3..

it annoys me when people call his style of play 'lazy' & 'uninterested'...it looks languid but some of the technical stuff he does is class.

no he isnt a worker but with the Arsenal side you have to put those players around him.

6 and a half seasons in the EPL, 94 goals. thats one heck of a return for a 'lazy' player

I would love Berbatov here. He is a real class striker and people need to understand how he plays. He does his own individual job very well. His team play ain't the best but if he comes just to score then we would be laughing. Maybe teach Giroud how to finish.

;2816292']Played well' date=' but finishing was shocking, 28 attempts, with 6 on target.

Bendtner injury is good as it will force Wenger to buy, but bad as very short against Spurs on Saturday.

Outside chance Akpom might get involved, no not Chu Young Park, the quicker his contract runs out the better, couldn't hit a ball if it was next to his foot or in front of it.

I expected some sort of 'injury' to keep Ozil out, as it is like a mini winter break like he has normally.[/quote']

What about the false 9 with no striker, like barca and spain have tried to play?

Arteta Wilshere flamini

Walcott Cazorla Podo

Berbatov would give you exactly what you need.

An inexpensive but quality back up to Giroud.

I'd challenge anyone to find a better player for the same sort of price for you to go out and buy

Quagliarella?

What this obsession with Berbatov is i don't know. Pig headed, lazy and ignorant, we've got Bendtner for that. He's also a Manc Spud and miles past his prime. I'd honestly rather nobody. He's a rat and would do nothing for squad morale.

I would of said yes when he was leaving utd but not now' date=' unless his work rates all of a sudden change.[/quote']

I think it's perfect.

Short term deal.

Quality player.

Like for like target man.

Inexpensive.

Not cup tied for CL.

An actual proven PL player and a champion.

If you could find a better solution in January then you're a genius.

I think he'd be a good signing for you but it'd go against everything Wenger's ever done RE players over 30

I think it would be like when we signed Davour Sukur.

I think we've signed a few old boys before.

Squilacci was no spring chicken neither was Lehman.

You know Kanu was about 36 when we signed him.

;2816738']if you sign Berba' date=' you'll win the league.

Class player.[/quote']

This is exactly what I'm thinking.

I would love Berbatov here. He is a real class striker and people need to understand how he plays. He does his own individual job very well. His team play ain't the best but if he comes just to score then we would be laughing. Maybe teach Giroud how to finish.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

He's the type of player that can make the difference with a moment of pure genius. Short term ok maybe his fitness and work-rate might be a worry but his quality will out weigh those losses IMO.

I think Giroud is a better player' date=' but Berbatov is a better finisher.

Mid term when Giroud is back and having one of those games where he can't hit a barn door what a great option to have on for the last 20 minutes Berbatov is. Better than Bendtner right?

Long term He would improve the shooting technique of everyone at the club and help Sanogo to become a top striker.

I said it before that we need more experienced champs in the dressing room one in every department. We've got Flamini in midfield, Mertesacker's experience is paying off at the back and Berbatov would be the icing on the cake for me.

What about the false 9 with no striker, like barca and spain have tried to play?

Arteta Wilshere flamini

Walcott Cazorla Podo

Quagliarella?

No to Quagliarella. He's not the type of striker we need.

Faux 9?

No thanks. It could work but our current system has got us top of the league so lets just add a round peg into a round hole.

I think it would be like when we signed Davour Sukur.

I think we've signed a few old boys before.

Squilacci was no spring chicken neither was Lehman.

You know Kanu was about 36 when we signed him.

This is exactly what I'm thinking.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

He's the type of player that can make the difference with a moment of pure genius. Short term ok maybe his fitness and work-rate might be a worry but his quality will out weigh those losses IMO.

I think Giroud is a better player' date=' but Berbatov is a better finisher.

Mid term when Giroud is back and having one of those games where he can't hit a barn door what a great option to have on for the last 20 minutes Berbatov is. Better than Bendtner right?

Long term He would improve the shooting technique of everyone at the club and help Sanogo to become a top striker.

I said it before that we need more experienced champs in the dressing room one in every department. We've got Flamini in midfield, Mertesacker's experience is paying off at the back and Berbatov would be the icing on the cake for me.

No to Quagliarella. He's not the type of striker we need.

Faux 9?

No thanks. It could work but our current system has got us top of the league so lets just add a round peg into a round hole.[/quote']

What? Kanu was 23 when you signed him or am I missing something. He's only 37 now.