• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

In that team you have four weak links to rely on for 38 games;

Szczesny

Gibbs

Sagna

Berbatov

Berbatov would be a good option to sign in January as a back up option to Giroud' date=' not as a week in week out top level striker.

Not anymore[/quote']

3 week links?

20 matches played.

Top of the league.

This may well come back and bite me but' date=' I don't think Arsenal are a title challenging team.

[/quote']

I agree yes in the future this might benefit. But at present' date=' it does mean IMO that Arsenal are not a title challenging team.

This is why I've been saying either City or Chelsea will win the league. If you compare the starting XI's of the top, say six teams, Chelsea and City's teams don't look like they have many mistakes in them. Whereas with Arsenal I'm looking at a couple of players that are more or less guaranteed to drop a couple of clangers along the course of a season. The margins are so fine[/quote']

Oh ye of little faith.

The kids around here would call you guys Pagans LOL.

Honestly I don't think we have error prone players.

Not any more so then you're average player.

The keeper makes silly decisions we know that but its not like Grobbelaar, Seaman or Joe Hart haven't had their quirks.

Remember when everyone thought they could chip David Seaman?

He was still a top keeper though.

Berbatov as low as 11/10 to join us. Interesting. :confused:
Bookies just tryna get people to throw away money I suppose. He isnt coming to us.

He's coming whether you like it or not!

I'm willing it to happen.

It's too good to be true.

6 months left on his contract.

We've probably tapped him up a long time ago and now we'll snap him up for pennies.

He'll even take a pay cut to get back in the big time like Arteta did.

He'll sit on the bench with no fuss.

We might move on Bendtner next season and have Berbatov as a good 3rd choice striker.

Or move them both on and spend money.

For the money we spend on him it really is unbeatable value.

We could give him a free transfer in the summer, no big deal thanks for your services.

Being top at half way doesn't win you the title.

We'll see in May. Like I say' date=' I might be proved wrong but IMO the only two teams who are capable of winning the league at this present time are Chelsea and Man City[/quote']

Sorry but does the term title challengers mean you have to win it? Or does it mean you have to challenge for it?

Because the dictionary I use certainly doesn't mean you have to win to challenge.

Point made.

Sorry but does the term title challengers mean you have to win it? Or does it mean you have to challenge for it?

Because the dictionary I use certainly doesn't mean you have to win to challenge.

Point made.

We'll see if you're challenging for it with four or five games left.

Right now you're top by a point yes, but there's 54 points left to claim, and Chelsea and City are in a much better place than you

City: 10/11

Chelsea: 7/2

Arsenal: 9/2

Top at 20 games by one point means nothing. Especially without a fit recognised striker

Not sure how second and third is a much better place than first. That is a bit strange. I'd rather be a point up than a point down, regardless of that being on the first gameday, the last gameday or somewhere inbetween.

Arsenal play their best season in ages and still you have supporters from other clubs talking it down. Really don't get it.

Not sure how second and third is a much better place than first. That is a bit strange. I'd rather be a point up than a point down' date=' regardless of that being on the first gameday, the last gameday or somewhere inbetween.

Arsenal play their best season in ages and still you have supporters from other clubs talking it down. Really don't get it.[/quote']

City are in the best position. I'd rather be a point behind with the squad and injuries they have than a point ahead and have Arsenal's squad and injuries. Plus Arsenal have a horrible run between February and April

We'll see if you're challenging for it with four or five games left.

Right now you're top by a point yes' date=' but there's 54 points left to claim, and Chelsea and City are in a much better place than you

City: 10/11

Chelsea: 7/2

Arsenal: 9/2

Top at 20 games by one point means nothing. Especially without a fit recognised striker[/quote']

Are you going on bookies to prove your point?

I'm going on what I see. Yes we may not win the league but to say as you did and so did Stuart we are not title challengers is factually wrong.

If you meant at the end of season we won't be challenging then you should of said that. You didn't though.

Also we tend to win more games at the end of the season not drop points. So to be here now top may be a blessing.

Also we have more points in a calendar year than anyone else. I know that doesn't win titles but it shows we aren't the Arsenal from the past.

City still have to go away to Tottenham, United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle.

The only team in the top 8 that is coming to the Etihad is Chelsea. Having 6 of the 7 top 8 teams away is hardly the best position. Especially for a team that is sitting 8th on the away table in the EPL despite having played average teams all year.

My point is, you can twist and turn it into anybodys favour but the bottom line is that everybody still has to play each other once so I'd rather have something tangible (like a point up in the table) than have some dodgy interpretation in my favour.

Are you going on bookies to prove your point?

I'm going on what I see. Yes we may not win the league but to say as you did and so did Stuart we are not title challengers is factually wrong.

If you meant at the end of season we won't be challenging then you should of said that. You didn't though.

Also we tend to win more games at the end of the season not drop points. So to be here now top may be a blessing.

Also we have more points in a calendar year than anyone else. I know that doesn't win titles but it shows we aren't the Arsenal from the past.

Bookies tend to show general trends in the publics attitudes. That shows that City and Chelsea are generally considered to be favourites for the title.

In March you face (back to back):

Spurs (A)

Chelsea (A)

City (H)

Everton (A)

City are hitting too form. Chelsea likewise. They are in a much better position to win the league than you are

Bookies tend to show general trends in the publics attitudes. That shows that City and Chelsea are generally considered to be favourites for the title.

In March you face (back to back):

Spurs (A)

Chelsea (A)

City (H)

Everton (A)

City are hitting too form. Chelsea likewise. They are in a much better position to win the league than you are

football is unpredictable mate & you are unerestimating the current leaders.... Thats bad.

But one thing is sure that we are going to have a dramatic end to this season.

Regardless were Arsenal finish they are 'currently' title challengers.

I think Arsenal will end up in the top 3 regardless anyway and IF they don't win the title I don't see them finishing many points behind City / Chelsea, in which case they will be title challengers until the end.

It was only a few months back people were saying Arsenal would not even make it into the top 4 and would go out of the CL at the group stages.

Well there through in the CL and currently top of the league, things are looking great for them.

It would be different if we was only a few games in but we are half way through the season.

ALL of the top sides will drop loads more points, if Arsenal lost to City, Chelsea but did better than them against the other teams they would still win the league, Chelsea and City have a slip up in them against these teams just as much (if not more) than Arsenal do.

I love how Rugger never accepts what he says, but he is the first person to try and correct people when they are in the wrong.

You and Stuart both said we are not title challengers.

Both are wrong. Whether we win or not we are most certainly a real contender. Whether we will be here come end of season is a different question all together but right now we are in driving seat and that means..... We are title challengers!

Point proven.

I love how Rugger never accepts what he says' date=' but he is the first person to try and correct people when they are in the wrong.

You and Stuart both said we are not title challengers.

Both are wrong. Whether we win or not we are most certainly a real contender. Whether we will be here come end of season is a different question all together but right now we are in driving seat and that means..... We are title challengers!

Point proven.[/quote']

I don't see you as title challengers. I think City and/or Chelsea will finish with considerably more points than you.

The fact that you're top (by a single point) is irrelevant to this opinion of mine. If I were a City or Chelsea fan, I wouldn't be worried about you challenging for the title.

Both of those teams are far better equipped than you are at present