• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Re' date=' banter.

That Walcott's gesture is banter, but that early Vermaelen's stunt is really something else.

TV should have not done that IMO. What is he trying to achieve? Winning some fans back?[/quote']

Its just a bit of banter. Had a Spurs player done it to an Arsenal badge I think I would have still laughed.

I thought that was just as funny too' date=' funnier even. :)[/quote']

In some respects it is funny but on the greater shame of things as a professional it is very irresponsible especially n front of the opposing supporters it just asks for trouble and with objects being thrown etc it not only endangers his own safety but the perfectly innocent people taking him off the field on a stretcher.

It must be very difficult t rise above the bile from the stands sometime I understand that but you just have to bite your lip or in this case stop your hands from moving :P

Totally agreed very unprofessional thing to do and there is an irony in the point you are making.

Either accept it all or don't do it (which is what Walcott should have done) fans are notoriously fickle and somewhat biased in assessment of these situations.

Yeh, he has to accept the consquences of his actions. In this case, he has to accept being pelted with coins, and the risk associate with that. On another day, he may have had to deal with a pitch invader. Ultimately he should not be doing it, antagonizing supporters should really be avoided. Completely deserved win for Arsenal though.

In some respects it is funny but on the greater shame of things as a professional it is very irresponsible especially n front of the opposing supporters it just asks for trouble and with objects being thrown etc it not only endangers his own safety but the perfectly innocent people taking him off the field on a stretcher.

It must be very difficult t rise above the bile from the stands sometime I understand that but you just have to bite your lip or in this case stop your hands from moving :P

I get your point re the stewards but why does something like this get taken so seriously, when the action itself wasn't serious - just banter, it's not like he Cantona'd a fan. He gets abuse all game & gave some banter back - when that happens in other sports it's laughed about by all.

Bit pathetic that this is the main talking point really.

I get your point re the stewards but why does something like this get taken so seriously' date=' when the action itself wasn't serious - just banter, it's not like he Cantona'd a fan. He gets abuse all game & gave some banter back - when that happens in other sports it's laughed about by all.

Bit pathetic that this is the main talking point really.[/quote']

I agree but not all opposition fans will see it that way and it only takes one idiot and things can get very nasty and as I say it is not only his safety that he is jeopardising.

not like I am saying he is a bad person or Anything and I Can understand why he might have done it as explained in a previous post but that still don't make it an intelligent course of action to take.

Its just a bit of banter. Had a Spurs player done it to an Arsenal badge I think I would have still laughed.

It's kinda show a lack of respect towards another club by pulling something like that. Especially coming from club captain. :o

On the other hand, Rosicky should start every game when he is available / fit.

It's kinda show a lack of respect towards another club by pulling something like that. Especially coming from club captain. :o

On the other hand' date=' Rosicky should start every game when he is available / fit.[/quote']

We are rivals after all, respect kinda goes out of the window in that situation.

The same people calling the Walcott incident 'banter' were up in arms after Adebayor's goal celebration. Both were completely irresponsible.

I still remenber that day I was actually laughing at it I love adebayor celebration I mean running at that pace to annoyed the fans it awesome and walcott telling them the scores it just banter who cares about disrespect but agree with ya :P

I thought that was just as funny too' date=' funnier even. :)[/quote']

There is an element of humour to both situations, but both were irresponsible and the Adebayor incident caused a serious injury to a steward.

I get your point re the stewards but why does something like this get taken so seriously' date=' when the action itself wasn't serious - just banter, it's not like he Cantona'd a fan. He gets abuse all game & gave some banter back - when that happens in other sports it's laughed about by all.

Bit pathetic that this is the main talking point really.[/quote']

Because the away support were clearly frustrated with the way things were going.

As a professional, he needs to understand that abuse is something that he will get when playing and needs to avoid retaliating.

I also thought Vermaelen showed a lack of respect, yes it's a derby but there does need to be an element of respect for one another and as captain he should respect the crest of the opposition.

Bale taunted the Arsenal fans in march with the 2-1 sign so whats the difference between that and what Walcott did?

Did he? I don't recall him doing that to Arsenal fans, but if so then there is no difference. I've not stated that he's the only person to do something like that, there are many, but it's unprofessional and irresponsible.