Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

I predicted both of them. I was telling my dad they'd get City away and I almost got a remote thrown at my head when it came out hahahah.

As for Liverpool. We beat Tottenham we should be able to beat Liverpool as well. Two more big names will be out' date=' hopefully Liverpool and City.[/quote']

Hope a replay for City and Chelsea haha :P

28th Jan - Saints away

2nd Feb - Palace home

8th Feb - Liverpool away

12th Feb - United home

15th Feb - Liverpool home (guessing 15th)

19th Feb - Munich home

22nd Feb - Sunderland home

If both teams rest players' date=' we got better replacements but anything can happen. Im happy we are at home though, it makes us favourites.[/quote']

Liverpool didn't rest players for the game against Bournemouth 3 days before playing Everton, so we won't rest anyone for this game. I'm fairly sure you'll play your best side apart from maybe one or two players even though you have a busier schedule.

Tired players or not' date=' if we have no injuries we have the team to beat 'Pool.[/quote']

I never said you didn't...

Merely pointing out to my fellow Liverpool fans who have been incredibly negative since the draw that we are capable of beating you as well.....

Nothing to fear, go play and if we play well we can win, tough ask but not mission impossible.

I never said you didn't...

Merely pointing out to my fellow Liverpool fans who have been incredibly negative since the draw that we are capable of beating you as well.....

Nothing to fear' date=' go play and if we play well we can win, tough ask but not mission impossible.[/quote']

I was just addressing the 'no reason why we can't'. The team. The team is quite a big reason.

February's fixtures are absolute murder.

Come March If we're still top of the league, in the FA Cup and in decent CL shape this team would have done brilliantly!

Good glad your so confident....

We can beat any side if we play well' date=' I ain't worried.

Your a good team but certainly beatable.[/quote']

True.

People say 'Arsenal always give you a chance'.

So far this season not many have taken it.

Just a small technical point no English PL team ever plays on a Sunday if they are playing in the CL on a Tuesday' date=' they always play on a Saturday.

Not a massive point but just wanted to factually correct you. :)

Is a massive Bonus playing tonight for you but then at other points in the season the Fixture list Napoli away, followed by City away on a Sat morning goes against you.

Swings in roundabouts for all sides.[/quote']

I always get caught out when I try and wing it. :D

Apologies to Ruggermad for getting on my high horse but like you say; swings and roundabouts.

I can't believe that. You can't be that incompetent. If they win tomorrow' date=' they are 2 points away from CL. They are guaranteed 45m euro for him in summer. They have already bought the replacement for him with Sam who arrives in summer.

They are obv more likely to reach CL with Draxler than without him. The potential financial loss is immense if they don't reach CL. They have the highest wage bill in Germany after Bayern. [b']There is zero upside to sell him now[/b]

No, I refuse to believe that. :P

How about making room for Meyer?

How about making room for Meyer?

There is room for Mayer? Fuchs played on the left wing yesterday' date=' hardly first choice.

Honigstein reported that we're negotiating for Draxler for this window. We offered 30m but they want the full clause amount.

Lol. So let me get this straight.

Nr.1: The clause ain't active.

Nr.2: The clause says 37m.

Nr.3: You bid less and according to media reports (which I still don't believe cuz it's so illogical :P) they consider those bids instead of laughing at them? Honestly, they have to be the worst managed team if that comes off. I hope last night's win doesn't lead them into thinking they can reach CL without Draxler.

Talked to a couple people on German forums too. They share the same opinion really. If this deal happens, Heldt needs to be run out of town.

There is room for Mayer? Fuchs played on the left wing yesterday' date=' hardly first choice.

Lol. So let me get this straight.

Nr.1: The clause ain't active.

Nr.2: The clause says 37m.

Nr.3: You bid less and according to media reports (which I still don't believe cuz it's so illogical :P) they consider those bids instead of laughing at them? Honestly, they have to be the worst managed team if that comes off. I hope last night's win doesn't lead them into thinking they can reach CL without Draxler.

Talked to a couple people on German forums too. They share the same opinion really. If this deal happens, Heldt needs to be run out of town.[/quote']

Read in an article that Schalke are unlikely to sell unless and untill they can get a replacement, which means either Holtby (who is reportedly on top off the wishlist) or maybe Podolski being part of the deal.

Talked to a couple people on German forums too. They share the same opinion really. If this deal happens' date=' Heldt needs to be run out of town.[/quote']

So many rumours going round, some say we dont wanna spend 37m, but less and others saying we will pay the clause amount this window. We will know at the end though.

So many rumours going round' date=' some say we dont wanna spend 37m, but less and others saying we will pay the clause amount this window. We will know at the end though.[/quote']

Isn't he injured for a few months anyway? I can only see Wenger trying to sign him now as he knows come end of season he will face tougher competition for the signature.

Monaco have apparently offered Bacary Sagna a three year contract on £120k per week with a €10m sign-on fee.

Au revoir I guess.

Couldnt blame him if he chose to leave. Getting that amount at his stage of career anyone would take.

I really hope he stays as hes back to his best this season. Would be a very bid loss to our team :(

To be honest must put some perspective on this , Hes been very good this season but he had 2 poor seasons before that and ive said this months ago that I reckon he would play for a move to france albeit I thought PSG . I would be very disappointed to lose him for a free but I think as long as we can get a new RB in the summer then it wouldnt be as big of a loss as people are making out :) Like I would rather lose Sagna then Mert , Kos , Gibbs etc. Althrough ideally I would keep Sagna :)

As long as we sign Jung and someone else to replace Jenkinson we should be alright.

With the Draxler rumors going round , There is absolutely positively no chance we will sign him in this window and to be honest I doubt he will sign in the summer.

Is fernando from porto out of contract soon? If not why not look at him to strengthen the midfield on the cheap and add more depth.

To be honest must put some perspective on this ' date=' Hes been very good this season but he had 2 poor seasons before that and ive said this months ago that I reckon he would play for a move to france albeit I thought PSG . I would be very disappointed to lose him for a free but I think as long as we can get a new RB in the summer then it wouldnt be as big of a loss as people are making out :) Like I would rather lose Sagna then Mert , Kos , Gibbs etc. Althrough ideally I would keep Sagna :)

As long as we sign Jung and someone else to replace Jenkinson we should be alright.

With the Draxler rumors going round , There is absolutely positively no chance we will sign him in this window and to be honest I doubt he will sign in the summer.

Is fernando from porto out of contract soon? If not why not look at him to strengthen the midfield on the cheap and add more depth.[/quote']

I wouldn't say Sagna was 'poor' for the last two seasons but he certainly wasn't playing up to his usual standards. That said, even an average Saga is better than most RB's out there. You also have to factor in the misfortune of breaking his leg twice in one season which I think was the main reason behind his dip in performance.

Therefore I have to disagree with you and say that it is absolutely vital we keep Sagna for as long as we can. Whilst he doesn't quite possess the attacking threat he used to when marauding down the right flank I think you'd find it very hard to find a RB who is better defensively and more committed than Sagna. The man is an absolute model professional and has been an extraordinary player for us. Losing him would only have a negative impact on the club, no matter who we were to buy as his 'replacement'.