Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Arsenal Gossip

The Shawcross challenge was clearly mistimed and a bad tackle. It can't be a good tackle when a player breaks their leg. Although I do agree with everyone saying Shawcross didn't go in with intent, the ball was there to be won but he got the tackle all wrong. I'm more concerned about Ramsey then Shawcross. You could tell Shawcross was distraught and I do have sympathy for him but people should remember who the real victim is. The most difficult time for Ramsey will be a few months down the line when he will be watching Arsenal play. He will be sitting out for a long, long, long time :(. But I disagree with what someone said earlier, I still believe he will be a top player for this club.

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Just saw it on MOTD. What is Sol Campbell playing at? Always knew he was a bit of a nutcase. If Shawcross was as worried about it as we've been led to believe then the last thing he needs is some has been baldy yelling in his face.

His reaction was worse than the tackle.

And Wenger must need his glasses subscription sorted. 'Horrendus'. What game was he watching?

Clearly there was no intent, Shawcross looked distraught, feel gutted for the lad, must be horrible knowing you have caused a injury like that.

Wenger always rants and raves, yes this is a horrible situation and a bad tackle ( not the worst iv seen ), but there is no need to start a character assasination on Shawcross.

Fingers crossed for Ramsey.

Clearly there was no intent' date=' Shawcross looked distraught, feel gutted for the lad, must be horrible knowing you have caused a injury like that.

Wenger always rants and raves, yes this is a horrible situation and a bad tackle ( not the worst iv seen ), [b']but there is no need to start a character assasination on Shawcross[/b].

Fingers crossed for Ramsey.

well any manager will say the same after seen diaby and eduardo broke they legs years ago and now ramsey l dont care if it intent or not it was a bad tackel :mad:

but we won so am happy but l realy hope he get well soon

Just saw it on MOTD. What is Sol Campbell playing at? Always knew he was a bit of a nutcase. If Shawcross was as worried about it as we've been led to believe then the last thing he needs is some has been baldy yelling in his face.

His reaction was worse than the tackle.

And Wenger must need his glasses subscription sorted. 'Horrendus'. What game was he watching?

If what happen to Ramsey isn't 'horrendus' I don't know what is in your world.

Clearly there was no intent' date=' Shawcross looked distraught, feel gutted for the lad, must be horrible knowing you have caused a injury like that.

Wenger always rants and raves, yes this is a horrible situation and a bad tackle ( not the worst iv seen ), but there is no need to start a character assasination on Shawcross.

Fingers crossed for Ramsey.[/quote']

When did he ever start a character assasination? He said it was a very bad challenge. Which it was. Wenger never said Shawcross had intent or he meant to hurt him. He just said it was a poor challenge.

I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is merit is some of the things he said what he's inferring with Shawcross isn't helping anybody. I would particularly hope he clarifies the 'unacceptable' comment in the near future, because it's not as bad a tackle as it looks first time, and at full speed, and there's absolutely nothing to suggest there's any malice in it, you'll see worse tackles every weekend, it's just unlucky that this one ended the way it did.

I'd suggest it's harsh to be taking issue with Campbell. He's just seen a young team mates leg get mangled, the adrenaline is pumping and in real time it looks like a lunge and a pretty ugly swipe. On top there's no textbook to say how you should be reacting to that, it's a unique situation and people are going to behave differently. I've played in similar circumstances and some people just go insular and into shock, others just get angry.

Glenn Whelan should be commended for his role in the aftermath incidentally, comforting Ramsey and stopping him getting a proper look at the full extent of the injury. Particularly nice to see given some of the vile songs a section of Stoke fans reportedly started.

Agreed Roko. I would sincerely hope that Wenger revises his opinion once he looks at the incident again, but I think Campbell, Fabregas & the rest of the Arsenal team can be forgiven for their reaction so soon after the challenge.

As for the Stoke fans, you'll always get a small minority of idiots, but 99% of them applauded Ramsey off the pitch.

I hope Shawcross can move on from this and make the most of his England opportunity this week. But more importantly I wish Ramsey a speedy recovery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9i1NBLSyxI&feature=related

look at fab and vermaelen :(

poor ramsey :/ right when he's starting to get first team football

official statement

“During yesterday’s match against Stoke City, Aaron Ramsey sustained fractures to the tibia and fibula in his right leg. Yesterday evening he underwent surgery.

"The operation successfully reduced the fractures and whilst it is too soon to state an exact timescale for recovery, Aaron will certainly miss the remainder of this season. Our thoughts are with Aaron at this time and everyone at the Club wishes him all the best in making as speedy a return to action as possible.”

What a load of tosh some ppl write!

I agree that Shawcross NEVER meant to break a leg but he was NEVER going to win that ball.

The ball was going away from him all the time , Ramsey was going to be first to get there and thats whats been going on for ages against Arsenal. These players get told to get stuck in hard to stop them playing and the consequences are there to be seen as in 2006 , 2008 and now 2010.

Yes go in hard but players have to make sure they get the ball 100% first or bones will get snapped.

That is where Wenger is coming from, simples.

What a load of tosh some ppl write!

I agree that Shawcross NEVER meant to break a leg but he was NEVER going to win that ball.

The ball was going away from him all the time ' date=' Ramsey was going to be first to get there and thats whats been going on for ages against Arsenal. These players get told to get stuck in hard to stop them playing and the consequences are there to be seen as in 2006 , 2008 and now 2010.

Yes go in hard but players have to make sure they get the ball 100% first or bones will get snapped.

That is where Wenger is coming from, simples.[/quote']

i can still say he was entitled to go for the ball. It wasnt exactly 50 50 lets say 40 60. The only reason the red was given was cause ramsey's leg broke. If he didnt give the red it would of gone riot. If the tackle had happen without a bruise or so a yellow MIGHT have been given. No intent to injure at all just unfortunate i can say. Yes its Shawcross' fault, yes it's a serious injury but a pure un malicious accident

Posted my get well condolences to the young fella' on the arsenal website, maybe you should do to. Shawcross is a top player, he just made a really bad error, it hit him effectively as well, that poor lad cried off. Fab + Verminator won the game for Ramsey and as a result we will win the league for him to, we have had experience and learnt from it.

Get Better Soon Rambo hope it won't be that long before you are playing for club and country :)

cisse' date=' baros and carra came back from broken legs after around 5-6 months, so may not be that long[/quote']

Yep, from what I have read it's a relatively clean break and the operation he had was a complete success so come pre season he should be ready to get back into some training. Doubt he'll be ready to play again until later in the year but this could have been a lot worse.

Eduardo had many complications which is why he was out for longer I seem to remember.

I dont think there really is a place in the game any more for lunging tackles. The English game is physical and played at such a fast pace that diving in at someones ankle shin or whatever can only ever really result in injuring someone. I think in the same way that tackling from behind has been taken out of the game diving into a tackle from 5 feet should also.

All 3 of the injuries to Arsenal players have been from this lunging type of tackle. Twice is a coincidence but three times in five years tells me that these type of tackles risk careers every week. Its not just Arsenal players that get it but teams do try to physically take them out of games to stop the passing game. Against sunderland Cana went in two footed on a couple of occasions and only got a yellow card (it wasnt even shown on MOTD) so maybe players are actually more fortunate not to suffer injuries.

I can forgive Wenger for his emotional reaction in the interview - he is only human but I think lunging tackles of this nature need to be eradicated from the game. Yes in chopper Harris's day diving in tackles showed you were a 'real man' but the game was more like pub football then as opposed to what it is today.

The European game doesnt allow tackles like this, English teams will get pulled back for it in european competition and National games will certainly get pulled back for it. Whats more if we allow our domestic players to suffer injurires like this then we will only be damaging our own players.

I dont think there really is a place in the game any more for lunging tackles. The English game is physical and played at such a fast pace that diving in at someones ankle shin or whatever can only ever really result in injuring someone. I think in the same way that tackling from behind has been taken out of the game diving into a tackle from 5 feet should also.

All 3 of the injuries to Arsenal players have been from this lunging type of tackle. Twice is a coincidence but three times in five years tells me that these type of tackles risk careers every week. Its not just Arsenal players that get it but teams do try to physically take them out of games to stop the passing game. Against sunderland Cana went in two footed on a couple of occasions and only got a yellow card (it wasnt even shown on MOTD) so maybe players are actually more fortunate not to suffer injuries.

I can forgive Wenger for his emotional reaction in the interview - he is only human but I think lunging tackles of this nature need to be eradicated from the game. Yes in chopper Harris's day diving in tackles showed you were a 'real man' but the game was more like pub football then as opposed to what it is today.

The European game doesnt allow tackles like this' date=' English teams will get pulled back for it in european competition and National games will certainly get pulled back for it. Whats more if we allow our domestic players to suffer injurires like this then we will only be damaging our own players.[/quote']

wenger is actually taking the blame for Ramseys Injury Now lol he said on Arsenal Website , anyway lets not talk about ramseys injury lets talk about his recovery ;)