Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Which is why I said the word Probably.....

I have seen 70-80% of your games live because of TV so I can well imagine he has to.

Only reason I answered was because instead of debating the point you went on some cheap point scoring exercise.....do you expect Villa to be competing at the top or something??

Villa are where they should be based on what they have Mid-lower table.

Well you actually said "most probably". You left the word most out for whatever reason. So that's a pretty big assumption to make about someone you don't even know. Just cause you've seen 70-80% of our games doesn't mean he has (not everyone's you).

Oh drop it I said "my bad" for mentioning Villa there's no need to bring that up again. Also we are where we should be based on what we have top 4.

Giroud and Sanogo rotating isn't going to win you titles.

If you're happy with that then that's your own issue.

He has been bang average since October.

Someone tell that to Wigan and Swansea.:rolleyes:

Unless you think the likes of Kone and Michu are miles better than Giroud and Sanogo you might want to retract that moronic statement mate.

Do I change my signature for this new legendary quote? Use both? :confused::confused::confused:

I don't see why you have a problem with either player' date=' both players are capable of being in title winning teams.

Worse players than them have titles.

Which is why I said the word Probably.....

I have seen 70-80% of your games live because of TV so I can well imagine he has to.

Only reason I answered was because instead of debating the point you went on some cheap point scoring exercise.....do you expect Villa to be competing at the top or something??

Villa are where they should be based on what they have Mid-lower table.

Well if you look at the financial league table they've spent more money on players than we have. Even more than most other sides in the premier league.

If they had better management then they would be competing at the top!

#ThankGodForGoodManagement.

I remember how people kept saying we should buy Benteke and how he's better than Giroud. As always one good season doesn't make you a good player and if he is so great, why hasn't he fired his team up the table?

Another case for a striker having more to his game than just goals.

Benteke, Ba, Cisse, Michu, when the goals dry up what else are they good for?

According to The Mirror, the Gunners have offered Sagna a two-year extension, but the player is said to be holding out for a three-year deal worth £100,000 per week.

Anyone think Sagna deserve 100k per week? Honestly, he is a real fan favourite but I don't think he deserve that amount because he is no longer the RB he used to be. Rather have a younger and more potentially better than Sagna by the end of this season.

OtN, I don't really get what you mean about telling Wigan and Swansea that? What's the point there?

When you compare you strikers with those of other teams challenging for the title then yours are arguably the worst. And when you're carrying a £42m player for almost a third of the season you're gonna find it he's to keep up. This next month will be a huge test for you.

I don't understand why people think we should be higher in the league. These financial tables date back to the O'Neil days (he left in 2010) where Lerner had just bought the club and threw money at it to get into the top four. We had three 6th place finishes and he had a reality check. Our spending has been modest especially under Lambert and so I don't see why we should be expected to be higher than mid table.

As you say, one good season doesn't make a good striker. One good season in a poor league in a one off title winning team (Montpellier) doesn't make him great.

I'm not saying he's awful but he's so overrated on here. Says alot when he's dropped for a 20 year old with one start in your biggest game of the season

And I've watched a lot of your games since October seeing as you're on tv so much. Annoying how the top six sides are on TV almost every week.

According to The Mirror' date=' the Gunners have offered Sagna a two-year extension, but the player is said to be holding out for a three-year deal worth £100,000 per week.

Anyone think Sagna deserve 100k per week? Honestly, he is a real fan favourite but I don't think he deserve that amount because he is no longer the RB he used to be. Rather have a younger and more potentially better than Sagna by the end of this season.[/quote']

Sagna has been smoking stuff. He ain't worth 100k for three years. Maybe a 100k a week deal for two but not three. If he wants a longer deal then it looks like he is off. I rate him highly but that wage for them years makes no business sense.

OtN' date=' I don't really get what you mean about telling Wigan and Swansea that? What's the point there?

When you compare you strikers with those of other teams challenging for the title then yours are arguably the worst. And when you're carrying a £42m player for almost a third of the season you're gonna find it he's to keep up. This next month will be a huge test for you.

I don't understand why people think we should be higher in the league. These financial tables date back to the O'Neil days (he left in 2010) where Lerner had just bought the club and threw money at it to get into the top four. We had three 6th place finishes and he had a reality check. Our spending has been modest especially under Lambert and so I don't see why we should be expected to be higher than mid table.

As you say, one good season doesn't make a good striker. One good season in a poor league in a one off title winning team (Montpellier) doesn't make him great.

I'm not saying he's awful but he's so overrated on here. Says alot when he's dropped for a 20 year old with one start in your biggest game of the season

And I've watched a lot of your games since October seeing as you're on tv so much. Annoying how the top six sides are on TV almost every week.[/quote']

To be fair he has scored plenty and assisted plenty. Stats show that only Suarez has more goals and assists as a striker than Giroud.

To be fair he has scored plenty and assisted plenty. Stats show that only Suarez has more goals and assists as a striker than Giroud.

Not really,Aguero has also more goals and more assists.If you count a winger,Hazard has same stats.Sturridge has 6 more goals than Giroud,though Giroud has one more assist :)

It said in the BBC article that Giroud was the BPL second most involved striker in the BPL. Only a few have scored more but has more assists than most. Still shows he ain't as bad as some make out. Plus he is a great target man who helps our attack immensely. It goes under the radar though as MOTD don't always show that.

According to The Mirror' date=' the Gunners have offered Sagna a two-year extension, but the player is said to be holding out for a three-year deal worth £100,000 per week.

Anyone think Sagna deserve 100k per week? Honestly, he is a real fan favourite but I don't think he deserve that amount because he is no longer the RB he used to be. Rather have a younger and more potentially better than Sagna by the end of this season.[/quote']

Sagna's worth every penny of it. Still an unbelievably good right back. Teams don't bother attacking our right anymore as they get no change whatsoever. If i was a Scottish, ginger minger, i'd even offer him 300k a week, he's that good. Good right backs don't grow on trees, let alone world class ones.

Sagna's worth every penny of it. Still an unbelievably good right back. Teams don't bother attacking our right anymore as they get no change whatsoever. If i was a Scottish' date=' ginger minger, i'd even offer him 300k a week, he's that good. Good right backs don't grow on trees, let alone world class ones.[/quote']

100k for a good right back. For three years? By the time he is 34 going on 35 there will be no need for him. I say he should accept our current two year offer of 80k. If not let him leave and try and sign Piszcek or however you spell it from Dortmund or Montoya of Barca.

100k for a good right back. For three years? By the time he is 34 going on 35 there will be no need for him. I say he should accept our current two year offer of 80k. If not let him leave and try and sign Piszcek or however you spell it from Dortmund or Montoya of Barca.

A right back that can play left back and centre back just as well. I don't care about what the minor points on the contract are, just offer him it as he's worth it.

It said in the BBC article that Giroud was the BPL second most involved striker in the BPL. Only a few have scored more but has more assists than most. Still shows he ain't as bad as some make out. Plus he is a great target man who helps our attack immensely. It goes under the radar though as MOTD don't always show that.

He's still a class RB, but next year he might not be and will still be earning 100k

He's still a class RB' date=' but next year he might not be and will still be earning 100k[/quote']

My points exactly. He is at an age where the only way is down. I like Sagna and want him to stay. Just don't think 3 years of 100k is in the clubs best interests. Just my view.

My points exactly. He is at an age where the only way is down. I like Sagna and want him to stay. Just don't think 3 years of 100k is in the clubs best interests. Just my view.

well arsenals wage allocations has never really been in the clubs interest :P but yeh

You don't need him though? You've got Giroud and Sanogo..

I don't know where you get the idea that Arsenal fans said Giroud is world class. We don't overrate him at all. He's a good striker but next season he shouldn't be a starter as he can't score against Man City, Man United and Chelsea. But I still fancy him to score against Spurs, Newcastle, Southampton and the mid table teams.

Needs a chance, and a bigger chance than Vela.

Greece is a hard league to demonstrate skills as its typically Olympiacos who boss it. Similiar to loaning someone to Celtic.

He scored in a big game which we rarely do, and from outside the box that we rarely do.

Keep at it Joel, get your chance, could be a thorn in England's side maybe albeit that potentially quite a few of England squad is from United