Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

So going by the usual stuff on here how can the following be true....

1 - Arsenal have a manager who should be sacked because he hasnt won anything in so long.

2 - Arsenal have very poor depth compared to the other big teams.

3 - Arsenal don't have a 'top' striker like the other top sides do

4 - Arsenal lack a world class DM

..... so with all of the above and playing in what I think most people saying the above believe is the 'strongest league in the world' I'm guessing they are struggling surely :eek:

Oh wait! :confused: they are 2nd in the table with 11 games to go and only 1 point behind one of the most expensive sides in world football and above one of the other most expensive sides in world football.

for the life of me I just can't figure out why there is such negativity towards them.

Oh well if I was an Arsenal fan I would at least be glad the talk is of not being good enough to win the title as the talk of them having no chance of finishing 4th this season and being over taken by Spurs seems to have ended ;)

Mark my words Campbell has no future here. We tried selling him in the summer and we will try and sell again. I take it no one here has ever seen him play until last night. He is known as a cheat and diver, horrible rep worldwide for his antics on Biesler. Talented player but nothing special, people rate him from one good game. He is average at best.

So going by the usual stuff on here how can the following be true....

1 - Arsenal have a manager who should be sacked because he hasnt won anything in so long.

2 - Arsenal have very poor depth compared to the other big teams.

3 - Arsenal don't have a 'top' striker like the other top sides do

4 - Arsenal lack a world class DM

..... so with all of the above and playing in what I think most people saying the above believe is the 'strongest league in the world' I'm guessing they are struggling surely :eek:

Oh wait! :confused: they are 2nd in the table with 11 games to go and only 1 point behind one of the most expensive sides in world football and above one of the other most expensive sides in world football.

for the life of me I just can't figure out why there is such negativity towards them.

Oh well if I was an Arsenal fan I would at least be glad the talk is of not being good enough to win the title as the talk of them having no chance of finishing 4th this season and being over taken by Spurs seems to have ended ;)

The best post from a non Arsenal fan I've seen in a while on this thread.

Mark my words Campbell has no future here. We tried selling him in the summer and we will try and sell again. I take it no one here has ever seen him play until last night. He is known as a cheat and diver' date=' horrible rep worldwide for his antics on Biesler. Talented player but nothing special, people rate him from one good game. [b']He is average at best.[/b]

Think it's harsh to call him average at best. At his best he's above average as we saw against United. But he probably doesn't produce it enough he shows flashes of real quality but isn't very consistent. Though he is 21 and a lot of players at that age are not very consistent. Is he good enough for Arsenal? Probably not at the moment but he still has potential to be a good player somewhere. Vela is a prime example of that.

The best post from a non Arsenal fan I've seen in a while on this thread.

Think it's harsh to call him average at best. At his best he's above average as we saw against United. But he probably doesn't produce it enough he shows flashes of real quality but isn't very consistent. Though he is 21 and a lot of players at that age are not very consistent. Is he good enough for Arsenal? Probably not at the moment but he still has potential to be a good player somewhere. Vela is a prime example of that.

He lost all respect when he got an innocent player sent off. It wasn't an Ashley Young dive either, he didn't even have the ball. He pretended that he got hit by Besler and got him sent off. After the match he said he has no regrets and is happy with his form.

He is talented but we have plenty of RW and don't need him.

He lost all respect when he got an innocent player sent off. It wasn't an Ashley Young dive either' date=' he didn't even have the ball. He pretended that he got hit by Besler and got him sent off. After the match he said he has no regrets and is happy with his form.

He is talented but we have plenty of RW and don't need him.[/quote']

Sounds like you just don't want him.

He looks a better option than Ryo.

This is what he did.

Not what I want to see in football' date=' I know he can learn from that but still that is way below the belt.[/quote']

I don't like seeing that either, its disgraceful.

But if anything the officials are in the wrong more. None of them seen it, just seen Campbell on the floor so booked an inocent player.

But everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves. Look at what Suarez did to Ivanovic (Possible even worse in some peoples views) yet Liverpool fans love him as do EPL fans.

I saw quite a few of his games for Betis and looked pretty good, hope Wenger gives him a chance if he gets the work permit.

This is what he did.

Not what I want to see in football' date=' I know he can learn from that but still that is way below the belt.[/quote']

Not a big deal for me because we have Arsene Wenger. You can barely remember any of the Arsenal player diving under Wenger's management. The only one I can think of was Cazorla's one (did it once only) which he eventually stopped doing.

Not a big deal for me because we have Arsene Wenger. You can barely remember any of the Arsenal player diving under Wenger's management. The only one I can think of was Cazorla's one (did it once only) which he eventually stopped doing.

Pires, Eduardo & i'd probably say arteta but he's not much of a diver more of a play actor tbh but he's never achieved to get someone sent off as of yet. Sure these aren't the only ones..

Wenger does stamp the diving out though.

Not really. It wasn't much of a dive, he didn't even have the ball. He purposely fell to the floor and claimed he got hit in the face. Disgusting little person lol. However Wenger has said he is pleased with his CL performance but didn't answer as to wether he will stay or be sold.

Joel Campbell is pants

Good to see some hypocrisy creeping in' date=' if an arsenal player does xxxx then it is ok, however if it is somebody else uproar, treason, kill them :P[/quote']

Totally agree, you already know my view. Very surprised any fan would welcome him back after that. Our badge stands for something, I don't want players like that in our team to tarnish our reputation.

I will give him a second chance if the club decides to keep him but that's only because I support my club. Worst part of it was is that he said he has no regrets and thought he had a good game.

Better then defending a racist.

Shame you can't see past your own hypocrisy.....

Campbell's was a pre meditated act he had obviously thought through what he was going to do, it was not a spur of the moment thing then when quizzed he actually applauds his own actions and Shows no remorse even championing it,

Classy