Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Your team did great today. You should be very proud and pleased. I don't think you deserved the win but you got it. What's your view on Adam challenge?

Didnt go bed last night and I fell asleep at the start of the game for a few hours, gutted, Ill watch the highlights later though.

Dreadful performance. Fatal to our chances in the league. Scandalous refereeing performance. If that's deliberate, i'm Adolf Hitler. Charlie Adam is a piece of human crap.

Szczesny 4 Little to do, one cross he completely flapped at. Dismal distribution

Sagna 5

Mertesacker 6

Koscielny 4 Overall performance was fine. However, his reaction to the penalty was horrendous. He turned into his French mate up front. Don't sit there, man, get up and scream at the referee,

Gibbs 4 Key strength is attack and he was terrible in that regard.

Arteta 1 Useless

Rosicky 1 Made terrible decisions, kept giving the ball away.

Cazorla 5 Tried although he did over complicate things when simplicity would have sufficed.

Wilshere 0 Worst player on the pitch. Again i might add.

Podolski 1 Did nothing

Giroud 1 Tart.

Chamberlain starts from now on.

Just so people know if I say the wrong word when I type it's because my iPhone changes the words to ones I have typed more in the past. It annoys me to read back and see' date=' so I know it may annoy you lot as well having to read not only my rubbish but mis spelt or wrong worded tripe ;)[/quote']

If it annoys you so much, just proof read your posts before you submit them. Simples.

You say that like we expected a treble.

Let's be realistic before the season no one even gave us a chance of top four after spurs signed all then players.

I think personally we can win a trophy' date=' the FA Cup. It doesn't mean much now days but it's realistic.

r.[/quote']

The first sentence is untrue as is the second part of the second sentence.

As for the penalty decision well what is you all said the other week when both Liverpool and Bayern were denied blatant penalties against you well that's just the way it goes.....

Can see why the ref gave it but it is one of those sometimes you get, sometimes you don't, but then as I say hard to feel sympathy with the penalty decisions you have had go your way lately.

That is your title dream over for me, can't see you making up four points on Chelsea with the fixtures they have left they are clear favourites for me, to have any chance I think you will need to beat them at the Bridge and as much as I would love to see that happen.....I just can't.

The first sentence is untrue as is the second part of the second sentence.

As for the penalty decision well what is you all said the other week when both Liverpool and Bayern were denied blatant penalties against you well that's just the way it goes.....

Can see why the ref gave it but it is one of those sometimes you get' date=' sometimes you don't, but then as I say hard to feel sympathy with the penalty decisions you have had go your way lately.

That is your title dream over for me, can't see you making up four points on Chelsea with the fixtures they have left they are clear favourites for me, to have any chance I think you will need to beat them at the Bridge and as much as I would love to see that happen.....I just can't.[/quote']

How is it untrue? Go back on the thread and see for yourself. If anything it's spot on lol

How is it untrue? Go back on the thread and see for yourself. If anything it's spot on lol

You said no one gave you a chance of top four which is completly untrue, loads of people gave you a chance of top four and many predicted you would including myself. yes many people questioned if you could but quite a lot said you would finish top four, most people (including myself) did not think you were good enough to win the PL which would have been fair comment if you said that.

Spurs buying. Load of players with no PL experience did not convince me or many others.

Lots of things happen throughout a season that some will and Dont expect, I mean Fern expected Southampton to finish ahead of Liverpool....

The bigger point is I think yesterday was the nail in the coffin for your title chances but Stoke away is always one of the hardest games in the season for most of the big boys they have beat yourselves, United, Chelsea and drew with City, only lost to us at the Britannia of the big boys.

You got bullied again yesterday and I honestly thought you might be better Nd had progressed above that.

Arsenal threw away their title chances when they decided to stick with just Giroud in January after losing Walcott. Unfortunately Giroud seems more interested in scoring with women behind his wife's back than in the Premier League.

Its ironic Arsenal are lacking up front but have a good defence, usually its the other way around.

Not quite. Before you signed Ozil people thought you would be challenging for top 4. Once you signed him people started to think possibly more

John W Henry has been reported as saying that Suarez did indeed have a 40 mil release clause but refused to sell him anyway. Interested to see what you guys make of this

Waste of time mate.

They will probably say "we don't need racist, diver, cheat", "not even interested in him, smokescreen", "Wenger don't revealed his transfer target". ;) So, not too bother with it.

Instead of admitting they make the bid and the extra £1 bid is ludicrous.

Brilliance how we are now 2nd just on GD (mainly from Suarez's goals), make that extra £1 look even stupider.

Arsenal threw away their title chances when they decided to stick with just Giroud in January after losing Walcott. Unfortunately Giroud seems more interested in scoring with women behind his wife's back than in the Premier League.

Its ironic Arsenal are lacking up front but have a good defence' date=' usually its the other way around.[/quote']

Correct. A striker wasn't an option in January. It was a necessity. Now Arsenal are back to a 3rd place slug.

They need to go for it in the FA Cup now because they will not have a better opportunity to do so in a long time. Out of the Champions League, out of the title race but in a strong position with leeway for a top 4 finish. They may as well dedicate themselves to the one trophy they can win.

John W Henry has been reported as saying that Suarez did indeed have a 40 mil release clause but refused to sell him anyway. Interested to see what you guys make of this

I dont believe that. As far as I know, the club dont have a say when a release clause is present in the contract. Only the player can deny the approaching club.

Anyway, that Stoke result was a very poor poor game. Forget the penalty decision, when you play like that, you are risking losing the game. Title is still up for grabs for any of the top 4, what a season.

I dont believe that. As far as I know' date=' the club dont have a say when a release clause is present in the contract. Only the player can deny the approaching club.

Anyway, that Stoke result was a very poor poor game. Forget the penalty decision, when you play like that, you are risking losing the game. Title is still up for grabs for any of the top 4, what a season.[/quote']

Not quite the case. That SHOULD be how it works but the club can just point blank refuse to sign the papers. You're not supposed to though. Dnipro did the same with konoplyanka. We met the release clause and agreed personal terms but their chairman refused to sign the papers still. The player was furious with his club apparently

Not quite the case. That SHOULD be how it works but the club can just point blank refuse to sign the papers. You're not supposed to though. Dnipro did the same with konoplyanka. We met the release clause and agreed personal terms but their chairman refused to sign the papers still. The player was furious with his club apparently

So one of the two

1. There was no clause

or

2. Clauses are pointless if the owner rejects the bid.

What on earth are people on about?

If there was a clause and we met it even by £1 then he would be here now. That simple, if he didn't do that and broke the contract then we can file a case and hopefully appeal for a point penalty. John W Henry don't make the laws.

Personally I think there wasn't a clause or he is asking for a court hearing and charges made against him. Specially from us as it was our bid that was knocked back.

If there was a clause and we met it even by £1 then he would be here now. That simple' date=' if he didn't do that and broke the contract then we can file a case and hopefully appeal for a point penalty. John W Henry don't make the laws.

Personally I think there wasn't a clause or he is asking for a court hearing and charges made against him. Specially from us as it was our bid that was knocked back.[/quote']

Haha, why on Earth would they get a point penalty because of a contractual matter? :P

If there was a clause and we met it even by £1 then he would be here now. That simple' date=' if he didn't do that and broke the contract then we can file a case and [b']hopefully appeal for a point penalty[/b]. John W Henry don't make the laws.

Personally I think there wasn't a clause or he is asking for a court hearing and charges made against him. Specially from us as it was our bid that was knocked back.

Sweet lord, are you that desperate to not finished 4th. :P

I think his argument is about justice and consistency.

Hit them where it hurts and it sends out a clear message to any other unsportsmanlike chairman.

Nope. It doesn't work like that.

There are few ways lead to points deduction, but this is not one of them.

It doesn't matter really, since there is no release clause to begin with.

Haha' date=' why on Earth would they get a point penalty because of a contractual matter? :P[/quote']

Well if Sheffield United won their case for a player playing for a team when his contract wasn't correct then Suarez case wouldn't be all to different. Whilst he may not be owned by a third party he should technically be an Arsenal player if we offered him the stipulated price.

Tony Barrett said that John W Henry had been misquoted and the clause was verified by lawyers and the PFA. So this discussion is null.

That's what I believe as well. No way would a chairman come out and say such a damaging thing.