Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Well if Sheffield United won their case for a player playing for a team when his contract wasn't correct then Suarez case wouldn't be all to different. Whilst he may not be owned by a third party he should technically be an Arsenal player if we offered him the stipulated price.

No because he had not signed anything with Arsenal, even IF we accepted the offer he might not have joined Arsenal, his agent said at the time he was using Arsenal to try and get Madrid to put a bid in.

At no point was he anyone but Liverpool's player, so the above would never apply.

The contract was also looked over by Lawyers and other authorities including the league itself who all confirmed LFC was within there right to reject the bid

No because he had not signed anything with Arsenal' date=' even IF we accepted the offer he might not have joined Arsenal, his agent said at the time he was using Arsenal to try and get Madrid to put a bid in.

At no point was he anyone but Liverpool's player, so the above would never apply.

The contract was also looked over by Lawyers and other authorities including the league itself who all confirmed LFC was within there right to reject the bid[/quote']

However may I add if he had a buy out and we matched it and your owners decided to break the rules then yes we have a case as it was us who put the bid in. However I don't think Liverpool owner would be so stupid to do this. However if it comes out it is true then LOL

However may I add if he had a buy out and we matched it and your owners decided to break the rules then yes we have a case as it was us who put the bid in. However I don't think Liverpool owner would be so stupid to do this. However if it comes out it is true then LOL

Yeah thats what people mean below tho, you would have a case BUT no chance what so ever of a point deduction as we at no point have used a player who isnt contracted to us, weather he 'might' have moved or not.

Also, it can't be true as been stated lawyers and the Football assotiation went over the contract in the summer and there was no 'release clause'.

Can't believe we are all talking about this again, thought the whole Suarez / Arsenal saga was over :P

Yeah thats what people mean below tho' date=' you would have a case BUT no chance what so ever of a point deduction as we at no point have used a player who isnt contracted to us, weather he 'might' have moved or not.

Also, it can't be true as been stated lawyers and the Football assotiation went over the contract in the summer and there was no 'release clause'.

Can't believe we are all talking about this again, thought the whole Suarez / Arsenal saga was over :P[/quote']

Back from the ashes, blame your owner for this one. As a Gooner I would take anything we can get out of Liveprool, compensation, points or even bad press. Hopefully stops people talking about their football and puts people on a media negative spiral. Sounds pretty brutal but we are desperate after that loss to Stoke lol.

To be fair I think he was mis quoted I can't see why he would admit such a thing in such a media driven country. However if he is true then I can bet some legal case would happen.

That game, was horrible... no attacking flair...

They congested the **** out of the midfield, but look at our midfielders!! we should be able to break down that kind of thing, especially as we are title contenders (opinion under review). Giroud had no service, but he didnt offer alot. Only players Who played well were Cazorla, Shezza and the Ox after he came on...

Missing wallcot, not every week, but in games like that were if its congested and/or phsyical a speedster can tear it apart.

Back from the ashes' date=' blame your owner for this one. As a Gooner I would take anything we can get out of Liveprool, compensation, points or even bad press. Hopefully stops people talking about their football and puts people on a media negative spiral. Sounds pretty brutal but we are desperate after that loss to Stoke lol..[/quote']

Yeah that's pretty much what I said on the Liverpool thread, what a stupid time for the owner to be even talking about this stuff, weather it was miss quoted or not.

We have put ourselves in such a good position, especially seems we have been 'Away' to every single top side, although we do have a couple of away games against some hard mid table sides like Man Utd etc

Yeah that's pretty much what I said on the Liverpool thread' date=' what a stupid time for the owner to be even talking about this stuff, weather it was miss quoted or not.

We have put ourselves in such a good position, especially seems we have been 'Away' to every single top side, although we do have a couple of away games against some hard mid table sides like Man Utd etc[/quote']

Haha got to love your mid table Man Utd comment. Honestly don't blame you either. I would rather you win the BPL than Chelsea or City if we can't.

I see Charlie Adam has been charged for his stamp on Giroud... Only seen a youtube video of it. couldn't tell if it was intentional or not.

I personally dont think it was that bad, certainly wasnt a stamp. It just seemed like he placed his foot on him by accident.

What he did to Arteta was worse imo, very high and late foot. Its not dangerous but it looked very nasty and most of the time a player would see red for that high foot.

Don't be racist.

Lol that isn't racist. I didn't say anything other than his nationality.

Plus to be fair English and Scots have always had plenty of banter.

EDIT--- if I caused any offence tough. Have an Irn Bru and forget about it ;)

Lol that isn't racist. I didn't say anything other than his nationality.

Plus to be fair English and Scots have always had plenty of banter.

I wouldn't call it banter. We hate them' date=' they truly despise us.

YES ON INDEPENDENCE.

Anyway...

[img']http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01611/GIROUD_1611794a.jpg[/img]