Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

It has to be a joke. You're basing Bellerin's ability on less than half an hour in League Cup extra time against a second string West Brom.

No matter how good a player is at youth level' date=' the biggest step is making the transition to the first team.[/quote']

No I ain't. I have seen him briefly at Barnet, seen him on tv for Watford and seen his youth cup games. He looks a much brighter prospect. Jenkinson makes me genuinely worry. He can't control a ball, hardly make an accurate pass and never tackles when players run at him, he always tries to follow them but doesn't have the pace. I would sell him ASAP and bring in someone like Corchia or Debuchy.

Still means he had some sort of support for Arsenal though.

If you love football to play it enough to become professional, then you live and breathe football. I bet 90% of football players had over 10 football shirts spanning across multiple teams.

Every time i go abroad I buy a Local teams shirt, doesn't mean I support them :P

If you love football to play it enough to become professional' date=' then you live and breathe football. I bet 90% of football players had over 10 football shirts spanning across multiple teams.

Every time i go abroad I buy a Local teams shirt, doesn't mean I support them :P[/quote']

So you have a Scarborough shirt? ;) just kidding mate. Yeah I get what you mean. Glad he signed a long term deal though.

Bellerin for Jenkinson...

He had a great debut with two or three decent games on loan at Watford. Watfords run of poor results had him in the team, and like most were dropped. He sat on the bench with the odd minute after that thus got recalled.

Far too early for Bellerin.

Ramsey set to sign a new 5 year deal which will make him the second highest paid player at Arsenal. Ridiculous' date=' hasn't he already signed a new one this year?[/quote']

maybe to sell him for more B)

in honesty if this is true massive overreaction to a good half-season

Ramsey set to sign a new 5 year deal which will make him the second highest paid player at Arsenal. Ridiculous' date=' hasn't he already signed a new one this year?[/quote']

Think we will giving out a few more new deals as well. I think the club is going for a different strategy when it comes to contracts now. Less dividends for the shareholders but good for the club.

Yep, it is ridiculous to be fair. He has 4 years left and I think Wenger had more time to judge him before dropping a 100k/week contract in front of him.

Yeah, he and the other British players all signed long term contracts at the start of the season.

Seems very odd.

Ozil set up Goetze to make it 1-0. Hopefully it will do him some good for Saturday.

You need quality around to assist in every single game,quality which Germany really has.Arsenal doesn't though.Ozil will never be as good as he was in Madrid untill you buy a new DM to hold the midfield and posession and a new striker who can actually finish and do some runs down the flank.If Walcott was still fit,Ozil would've been the best assister in the world.

You need quality around to assist in every single game' date='quality which Germany really has.Arsenal doesn't though.Ozil will never be as good as he was in Madrid untill you buy a new DM to hold the midfield and posession and a [b']new striker[/b] who can actually finish and do some runs down the flank.If Walcott was still fit,Ozil would've been the best assister in the world.
We need a striker who can actually beat the line' date=' then he'd get more assists. All of our strikers are like 6'4 and slow. Oh and some wingers, not attacking mids.[/quote']

Who do you think they should approach?

Newcastle will probably purchase Remy to be honest, think they might have first choice on him. He is a good option though, no doubt. Possesses good pace and has decent finishing. Only negative of buying him is Wenger will receive some huge backlash if he flops here, people will say same old Wenger, always going for the cheaper options.

Newcastle will probably purchase Remy to be honest' date=' think they might have first choice on him. He is a good option though, no doubt. Possesses good pace and has decent finishing. Only negative of buying him is Wenger will receive some huge backlash if he flops here, people will say same old Wenger, always going for the cheaper options.[/quote']

I don't think Remy will join Newcastle, Also Pardew said they might struggle to keep him as he will be in demand.

He would be a good signing for Arsenal and I don't think he would flop.