Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

A friendly proves nothing. A friendly game is a good as a kick in the park' date=' no pressure to get a result and they don't mean anything. The fact that Shaw played well in a friendly game proves nothing about how he will play in a competitive game. For example... Shaw played well in the friendly yes... Now England go on to the semis and get Spain, it's 1-0 to England and Spain are bombarding England. Cole gets injured and Shaw is subbed on to replace him... You think he will come into that game in the same mindset that he went into a friendly against Denmark? Friendly games are a total waste of time and cause unnecessary injuries and travel for players and clubs. Wilshere getting injured could (could, not saying it will) affect Arsenals chances of finishing top 4... All to see if a couple of players can play well in a meaningless game? England have gone to pot... They would have destroyed Denmark 20 years ago because the players had pride and wanted to play for the badge, not just for a day out to London to meet up with a few mates from other clubs... Oh and maybe play a game of football if they can be bothered.[/quote']

Well said Kirk, couldn't really agree more. I wonder if you get any sky jokes made at you lol

I never said I wanted anything. Let's get things right Ray' date=' firstly drop the attitude. Secondly you asked why I may have an ego. I answered that and then you make a sly joke about medals? Read between the lines.

England has it's positives, however they are very few. I'm grateful to of been born in such a powerhouse of a country. However I'm not happy how it's run. Just because I don't nod my head to the news doesn't make me any less of a English citizen. Why do you think we have different political parties? Because they each have different views on how the country should be run. So don't turn me into some anti England hating yob.

Secondly whilst you make jokes about me gloating or whatever in fact in just sharing what I know. I can promise my knowledge on money is far more beneficial for the neutrals than they think. I know how to play markets. Whilst you may say I'm big headed I'm actually a nice person who is willing to give advice on current rates if ever needed. However sure carry on with that poor attitude and make another sly, cheap joke at me.[/quote']

Well why bring up your back story had nothing to do with the conversation, you brought it into conversation so you should not feel anything when people respond to it. Your the one who said you dislike loads of things about this country etc so well within my rights to question why you don't just leave.

You have got an ego no debate on that one you seem to think you are superior to the rest of us and have a knowledge, intelligence above the rest of us which of course you can't possibly quantify because you don't know any of us, who we are, what we do, what we know etc.

This country has provided you with the opportunity to be successful so instead of running it down at every opportunity why don't you appreciate the platform this terrible country has given you to be such a success...

Plus stop running down people who do feel some pride in where they live and the National team they support.

Well why bring up your back story had nothing to do with the conversation' date=' you brought it into conversation so you should not feel anything when people respond to it. Your the one who said you dislike loads of things about this country etc so well within my rights to question why you don't just leave.

You have got an ego no debate on that one you seem to think you are superior to the rest of us and have a knowledge, intelligence above the rest of us which of course you can't possibly quantify because you don't know any of us, who we are, what we do, what we know etc.

This country has provided you with the opportunity to be successful so instead of running it down at every opportunity why don't you appreciate the platform this terrible country has given you to be such a success...

Plus stop running down people who do feel some pride in where they live and the National team they support.[/quote']

I didn't use my background story. I told you why I am confident in myself, big difference. I also don't think I am better than anyone, I never said that. I have better knowledge in a very few limited fields than most normal people however that doesn't make me best in everything, far from it.

What amuses me if that you dislike my free speech, and then have the cheek to question my rights for doing so? Not only that but then claim I am the one who looks down on others?

I am proud of our country for it's rights not wrongs. The way how we used to manufacture goods such as steel and coal. To the tactics we used during WW1 considering that civilisation hadn't been involved in a war during their lifetime, and the strength of our enemy.

However let's not be stupid we can all question certain things our country does. Such as immigration, benefits and wars. For example why do we England have to involve ourselves in a war on "terror"? Just because the US wants to keep the USD as payment for oil, we have to go along with that and not question why we are doing so?

I could ramble for hours about this country and not just in a negative way. However I don't think this is the right place or time. For the record though I don't have any problem with anyone for being proud of England. My words aren't against you, but against the current regime.

As for not being a fan of England football team that is purely down to selection and criteria of what makes an England player.

I didn't use my background story. I told you why I am confident in myself' date=' big difference. I also don't think I am better than anyone, I never said that. I have better knowledge in a very few limited fields than most normal people however that doesn't make me best in everything, far from it.

What amuses me if that you dislike my free speech, and then have the cheek to question my rights for doing so? Not only that but then claim I am the one who looks down on others?

I am proud of our country for it's rights not wrongs. The way how we used to manufacture goods such as steel and coal. To the tactics we used during WW1 considering that civilisation hadn't been involved in a war during their lifetime, and the strength of our enemy.

However let's not be stupid we can all question certain things our country does. Such as immigration, benefits and wars. For example why do we England have to involve ourselves in a war on "terror"? Just because the US wants to keep the USD as payment for oil, we have to go along with that and not question why we are doing so?

I could ramble for hours about this country and not just in a negative way. However I don't think this is the right place or time. For the record though I don't have any problem with anyone for being proud of England. My words aren't against you, but against the current regime.

As for not being a fan of England football team that is purely down to selection and criteria of what makes an England player.[/quote']

I never said anything about free speech, I asked why you don't leave if you dislike it so much...

Plus with all due respect the illnesses and afflictions that affected your Father and Mother have absolutely zilch to do with the conversation of why you dislike this country so much or the pride in playing for your National side and you freely brought those into conversation not me.

You might not like the English National team but plenty of us do, support our countrymen and have no reason to doubt or question the motives of those such as Jack who also find it as important as many of the rest of us do.

Anyhow gone way off topic and I am sticking Game Of Thrones on so goodnight, God bless

I never said anything about free speech' date=' I asked why you don't leave if you dislike it so much...

Plus with all due respect the illnesses and afflictions that affected your Father and Mother have absolutely zilch to do with the conversation of why you dislike this country so much or the pride in playing for your National side and you freely brought those into conversation not me.

You might not like the English National team but plenty of us do, support our countrymen and have no reason to doubt or question the motives of those such as Jack who also find it as important as many of the rest of us do.

Anyhow gone way off topic and I am sticking Game Of Thrones on so goodnight, God bless[/quote']

I explained your questions thoroughly, really is that simple to comprehend. However I agree we will get back on topic.

I don't care how uninspiring or frustrating England may be to watch, they're my country and I'll back them til the day I die. Every major tournament we qualify for, I will continue to have that faint hope that maybe, just maybe, we can defy the odds and put it all together on the biggest stage. I dream of the day that I can stand with my friends, together, united as we lift that World Cup trophy - I can't imagine any sweeter feeling that football could give me.

I'm English, and proud of it. Anyone who doesn't share that passion is alien to me.

Good news for Arsenal is Kallstrom and Ramsey are almost back. Anyone seen Kallstrom in recent years? I can only remember him briefly in the CL for Lyon.

To be honest I forgot we even loaned Kallstrom in. Hopefully Ramsey can get back to his form at the start of the season, he was playing much better than Wilshere so could be good timing!

I never said I wanted anything. Let's get things right Ray' date=' firstly drop the attitude. Secondly you asked why I may have an ego. I answered that and then you make a sly joke about medals?[b'] Read between the lines.[/b]

England has it's positives, however they are very few. I'm grateful to of been born in such a powerhouse of a country. However I'm not happy how it's run. Just because I don't nod my head to the news doesn't make me any less of a English citizen. Why do you think we have different political parties? Because they each have different views on how the country should be run. So don't turn me into some anti England hating yob.

Secondly whilst you make jokes about me gloating or whatever in fact in just sharing what I know. I can promise my knowledge on money is far more beneficial for the neutrals than they think. I know how to play markets. Whilst you may say I'm big headed I'm actually a nice person who is willing to give advice on current rates if ever needed. However sure carry on with that poor attitude and make another sly, cheap joke at me.

bro that read between the lines rubbish you post 5 times a day is getting super old and just plain laughable. if you and ray the liverpool troll wanna get personal, take it to pms so Arsenal fans (and other trolls) can talk about Arsenal in the Arsenal thread.

honestly you two, for gods sake.

Does anyone else here think Kallstrom is even gonna get a game? I mean i dont know if he should, T-ros is playing well, so is Ox and he and young Gnabry deserve gametime to really develop. i certainly wouldnt play him in front of any combo of flamini, wilshere, arteta, cazorla, ramsey or ozil (+t-ros, ox and serge)

bro that read between the lines rubbish you post 5 times a day is getting super old and just plain laughable. if you and ray the liverpool troll wanna get personal' date=' take it to pms so Arsenal fans (and other trolls) can talk about Arsenal in the Arsenal thread.

honestly you two, for gods sake.

Does anyone else here think Kallstrom is even gonna get a game? I mean i dont know if he should, T-ros is playing well, so is Ox and he and young Gnabry deserve gametime to really develop. i certainly wouldnt play him in front of any combo of flamini, wilshere, arteta, cazorla, ramsey or ozil (+t-ros, ox and serge)[/quote']

Totally agree, my apologies. I should of used PM. To be fair I should have some sort of infraction as well.

As for Kallstrom I think he might be a sub for us or just back up for injuries. Has anyone seen him since his Lyon days?

Totally agree' date=' my apologies. I should of used PM. To be fair I should have some sort of infraction as well.

As for Kallstrom I think he might be a sub for us or just back up for injuries. Has anyone seen him since his Lyon days?[/quote']

Why are you apologising for having a debate on a discussion forum wow what a shocker :eek:

Probably should have been in a different place but c'est la vie lets not forget I was defending Wilshere when you decided to go way off topic and start lambasting the nation and telling everybody how great you are which had nothing to do with Wilshere having pride in playing for his nation.

If somebody criticises I will defend my nation and no need to apologise for that. There were no insults bar the one where I said you were a hypocrite and I stand by that view because this country gave you the tools to be as successful as you are.

At least you will have a debate and speak your mind, that is the whole point of the forum fair enough I disagree with nearly everything you say but you have the right to say it, but at least you will debate rather that than some of the bring nothing to anything posters like Cam and others.

If anybody got offended by our debate I suggest they grow a pair, debate is the whole point of a discussion forum.....

As I say rather people like you, Fern, Stu etc than people with no personality or debating skills.

Why are you apologising for having a debate on a discussion forum wow what a shocker :eek:

Probably should have been in a different place but c'est la vie lets not forget I was defending Wilshere when you decided to go way off topic and start lambasting the nation and telling everybody how great you are which had nothing to do with Wilshere having pride in playing for his nation.

If somebody criticises I will defend my nation and no need to apologise for that. There were no insults bar the one where I said you were a hypocrite and I stand by that view because this country gave you the tools to be as successful as you are.

At least you will have a debate and speak your mind' date=' that is the whole point of the forum fair enough I disagree with nearly everything you say but you have the right to say it, but at least you will debate rather that than some of the bring nothing to anything posters like Cam and others.

If anybody got offended by our debate I suggest they grow a pair, debate is the whole point of a discussion forum.....

As I say rather people like you, Fern, Stu etc than people with no personality or debating skills.[/quote']

Absolutley the forum is a place for healthy debate. but there is a reason why it is specific thousands of threads and not a massive write whatever about whatever single thread. this thread had nothing to do with what you were dribbling.

have your so called healthy debate thats fine, but when myself and the countless others log on to look at this thread and talk Arsenal, i dont need to read your rubbish. this thread is for Arsenal related discussion, if your post is off topic thats your issue, i dont necesarrily disagree with points you made, your just wasting forum space on the wrong thread.

I will not be posting again on your waste of this threads meaning as im taking it up myslef, PM me if you wanna be uncivil and childish and we can bash it out there, good day.

Totally agree' date=' my apologies. I should of used PM. To be fair I should have some sort of infraction as well.

As for Kallstrom I think he might be a sub for us or just back up for injuries. Has anyone seen him since his Lyon days?[/quote']

Sorry for the double post and thanks for having more brain cells than ray.

I must admit to ignorance in not having seen kallstrom since the same time, Lyon in the CL.. have no idea how he has been since then, would be good to hear from someone that has watched him, but considering where he was playing i guess that number of people will be somewhat low.

Does anyone else here think Kallstrom is even gonna get a game?

Of course he is. It's not as if Arsenal didn't have problems with exhausted and injured players on midfield. Too bad he is currently one of those problems. He can play quite a few positions on midfield, so should be able to adapt according to what is needed.

Tuesday is moving ever closer and although we are 90% out' date=' I'm still getting that buzz and can't wait for it now.

Will make a flag too and put Noisy on it so make sure you all look out for it :P[/quote']

May i ask why you're focused on Tuesday when tomorrow defines our season? Lose and it's game over for Wenger in terms of challenging, for anything, ever again.