Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Fulham are definitely going down. We have to try and sign Mitroglou' date=' such a great finisher and in my opinion better than Giroud.[/quote']

So you want Barry and Mitroglou in the summer, do you? These are bottom of the barrel signings that you target at the end of the window when you're desperate/David Moyes. You need to raise your expectations a little bit.

So you want Barry and Mitroglou in the summer' date=' do you? These are bottom of the barrel signings that you target at the end of the window when you're desperate/David Moyes. You need to raise your expectations a little bit.[/quote']

Completely agree. These players wouldn't take us to the next level. We should be looking at players like Draxler, Diego Costa and Barkley. Not saying we can get these guys easily but it's better to be ambitious.

So you want Barry and Mitroglou in the summer' date=' do you? These are bottom of the barrel signings that you target at the end of the window when you're desperate/David Moyes. You need to raise your expectations a little bit.[/quote']

To be fair, Barry would be on the cheap and would seriously bolster your central midfield, avoiding to inconvenience of playing either Ox or Rosicky in a position where they aren't able to perform at their best.

And looking at Mitroglou, he definitely seems like one of those players who can have an impact as a sub, and looking at Arsenal's options, it wouldn't be bad to add some depth to the squad. Plus, if Fulham get relegated, I can't see him having a huge market value.

No' date=' they're not good enough, especially Barry. We've already got Arteta and Flamini, why is he an upgrade on either of those?[/quote']

Barry's been a rock in Everton's midfield all season long. Flamini is not the player he once was and Arteta at times is an absolute liability. What makes you think Barry's a "downgrade"?

Barry's been a rock in Everton's midfield all season long. Flamini is not the player he once was and Arteta at times is an absolute liability. What makes you think Barry's a "downgrade"?

Because he's slow and rubbish. I don't rate Arteta or Flamini but they're both better then Barry. Barry's at his level at Everton. Look how bad he was yesterday with that lazy leg to bring down Chamberlain, that was Denilson-esque. Plus he's in his 30s now. This would be another Silvestre signing. He is unbelievably bad.

No' date=' they're not good enough, especially Barry. We've already got Arteta and Flamini, why is he an upgrade on either of those?[/quote']

Our only defensive midfielder is Flamini, and Barry is twice the player he is. Arteta is clearly not a DM, that could be seen yesterday where he's probably played his best game for us since we signed him, and that is because he played a lot more advanced.

Barry has over 500 PL appearances I think. He has plenty of experience and leadership about him to hold our midfield together. Obviously, if we sign someone superior to him I wouldn't be complaining, but WE ALL know that is not going to happen.

;2862291']Really? He was awful.

Obviously he is awful when he plays alongisde the likes of Sidwell or Dejagah. Have you seen him in the Champions League and WC Qualifiers? Lethal.

Barry's reading of the game is absolutely superb. He's not the fastest, but he's very dependable and rarely uses the ball. I personally think he'd fit in well at Arsenal as teams rarely break on you with pace, but I'm sure there would be preferable, younger alternatives if you wanted improvements, rather than additional squad players.

I don't buy the hype of Mitroglou either. The teams he was scoring against were average at best.

Wigan 2 up. Can I start dreaming?

Why were you worried??

City aint that special said it all along they have a lot of weaknesses.

Even if they come through this I personally would not be worried if I was an Arsenal fan, your more than capable of beating them.

The whole club needs it now' date=' but not writing man city off yet.[/quote']

Breeds a winning mentality in a squad that allows further success. Is what i've been trying to say every time the Top 4 Finish > Trophy argument happens on this thread.

You can do both, you're more than capable of beating City even if they went through.

The whole club needs it now' date=' but not writing man city off yet.[/quote']

Believe it or not I would actually be pleased for you, apart from Hulk because of his constant disrespect of the FA Cup and how much it means.

If they go out and you don't win the FA Cup from there then........:o

Believe it or not I would actually be pleased for you' date=' apart from Hulk because of his constant disrespect of the FA Cup and how much it means.

If they go out and you don't win the FA Cup from there then........:o[/quote']

Cant believe he said that though, FA cup has good history and if you look at the last decade, the top teams have won the majority of them so course its a trophy any team would wanna win, especially a team that has been starved if trophies.

2-1 city now, looking like a comeback is on.

Cant believe he said that though' date=' FA cup has good history and if you look at the last decade, the top teams have won the majority of them so course its a trophy any team would wanna win, especially a team that has been starved if trophies.

2-1 city now, looking like a comeback is on.[/quote']

More importantly the domestic cups are the best chance you have of winning a trophy unless you seriously feel you could win the Champions League or PL...

Any trophy is a trophy worth winning especially one with the rich history like the FA Cup, going to Wembley is special, it's even more so if you win :)

I still stand by my original claims not that I need to re name them.

It would be nice to win a trophy but it ain't the BPL or CL. It would do well for our morale but I don't see the FA Cup as a big achievement, I personally think the FA Cup is not what it was 10 years ago. However as I said if we win it I will be chuffed and very pleased for my club.