Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Am I right in saying you hate Mike Dean and never win with him in charge?

I dont hate him, I just would prefer someone else to ref our games over him because we never seem to be able to win many when he is the ref. If I recall correctly, we have only won a couple of games out of the dozen he has officiated for us.

I dont hate him' date=' I just would prefer someone else to ref our games over him because we never seem to be able to win many when he is the ref. If I recall correctly, we have only won a couple of games out of the dozen he has officiated for us.[/quote']

Good news then, he is doing the derby.

If Arsenal don't win the FA Cup then Wenger has to go in my opinion.

A snowballs chance in hell he'll go, one more season though and no trophy or top 3, his time could be up. The most important thing is auto cl qualification this season, buy well in the summer especially a striker, i bet had they got Higuain they would be a lot better off however i think his price tag was crazy he's not world class player. They don't need world class though they need to keep Giroud hell no-one would take bar ligue 1 teams but he's a alternative to what i think they need and that's striker with pace ala Remy and a dm/cm, shoulda signed Mautidi when they had the chance, and if Sanga goes obviously a replacement maybe Debuchy just coz he'll come cheaper than where they need to spend a decent amount.

I think although there's like a 1 percent chance despite being linked to ARSENAL in some press reports Balotelli would be amazing for the gunners. Doubt wenger would take a chance on him but i can't see him being a lazy idiot at the emerites i think he would have a lot of respect for wenger.

They have basically qualified for the Champions League already. League is all but gone as is the Champions League but Arsenal are in an extremely rare and fortunate position in the Fa Cup in which the stars have aligned for them to push on and get their first trophy since the stadium switch. If they don't win it this season then Wenger should immediately be fired in the summer because it just proves he cannot progress the club anymore. There is no pushing forward from a situation in which Hull are the 'strongest' opponent left between Arsenal and silverware; if Arsenal don't manage to win it now. The whole team would need a revamp in that instance.

Their long transition has been acceptable due to financial restraints and billionaire clubs coming to the fray, but those should be non factors looking forward. Fans pay the highest in England to watch Arsenal play and if that is accompanied by no progression, then there is no justifiable reason for it to continue anymore.

Wenger has basically secured 4th like he should be doing so all that remains is 2 potential trips to Wembley and 2 mandatory wins. If that isn't the case then he should respectfully be replaced.

Can anyone give me a reason why he should stay if we dont win this FA cup?

Nope, at some point the club has to realise if you don't win the FA cup can he really take you any further.

Plus you don't want what happened with Fergie/Utd/Moyes to happen to you.

Can anyone give me a reason why he should stay if we dont win this FA cup?

Because he has been a loyal manager to your club for a number of years, does a very good job of running the club as a business, managed to stay within the top four year in, year out without spending exhuberhant amounts of money (a la Chelsea, City, United and to a certain extent Spurs and Liverpool) all whilst paying off a stadium and has brung you players like RvP, Fabregas, Henry, Ozil, Pires, Koscielny, Overmars, Vieira etc, etc.

Not to mention what has happened to United after moving on after a long-serving manager. Yes, they might bring in a new manager who can win them things but they could also bring in a clueless idiot like Moyes.

The way people are calling for Wengers head is ridiculous if they dont win the FA cup. They face a team who have knocked out one of the best clubs in the country in the previous round.

Typical Arsenal talk this' date=' trying to pre-empt the worst possible outcome a month before it's even happened. Rather than talking about who might get sacked, who might top themselves if we lose etc. Just be excited.[/quote']

This.

It's also disrespectful to the three other teams in the semi finals. Whilst Arsenal are better than all of them, they're there for a reason too, so taking them out of the picture and almost belittling them only one day after the draw was made is wrong. Arsenal are the clear favourites, but favourites don't always win.

Be excited about your club going to Wembley to play in a semi final instead of complaining about EVERY single negative possibility.

Realistically, you SHOULD win the cup. You've conquered bigger and better teams in the previous rounds, but this is the FA Cup. Anything can happen. Wigan won't just simply lay down and let Arsenal through, it's their I trophy to defend remember.