Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

First half wasn't great from either side but Bayern looked in control of the situation. However, second half was a different story particularly after the Podolski goal they looked rattled. We lacked the needed quality in the final third to really take advantage of them, but no shame in that we fought really hard.

The penalty was indeed a penalty it seemed Koscielny was eager to win the ball back as there wasn't much time left. His desire to win took over, I'm sure if it happened 10 minutes earlier Kozza would've showed him down the line. Great save by the keeper he did well when called into action. He's played well whenever he's been given the chance.

Defensively was very good tonight. Vermaelen looked like the player from his first season. Aggresive and well timed tackles. Chamberlain did amazinghe to stand out against the talents from Munich, reminded me of the match he played against Milan at CM. Definately need to play him there from now on.

Im just happy we put up a fight and not get rolled over, think that would have affected our confidence for the weekend.

As much as Giroud has improved, if we ever want to win this competition we need a fast / mobile striker. I still like him as a back up but definately need to get someone in the summer.

Also, to the few who said Ozil had a bad game its a bit unfair to say that to him. We had about 30% of the ball in the first half, theres not much he can do. Atleast he tracked back and hopefully the injury is nothing serious.

Also' date=' to the few who said Ozil had a bad game its a bit unfair to say that to him. We had about 30% of the ball in the first half, theres not much he can do. Atleast he tracked back and hopefully the injury is nothing serious.[/quote']

Faianski's 'hoof it upfield' approach was poor in the first half and so Poldi and Ozil looked poor when they were crowded off the ball.

A scoring draw at the Allianz is a very good result against an all-dominating Bayern side, going through was wishful thinking. Just hope we can recreate that defensive performance against City/Chelsea etc in our upcoming matches.

The three halves Fabianski showed against them will make me a little sad to see him go, but the guy deserves to be starting for a good European team. Bon chance Lukasz.

been talking to one of my best mates a die hard arsenal fan who i suspect knows nothing about football anyone here care to tell me any truth in his words?

Wenger is a poor manager stuck in his old ways and will never win anything? Arsenal would be better of without him..

If he never signed Ozil he would of been sacked?

Sagna won't leave will sign the new deal?

Wilshere and Ramsey will leave at the end of the season?

he won't spent no money in the summer less than 15m on 1 player?

and the best 3 leagues in the world are...Germany...Spain and Brazil?

Only first team player Barca have bought is Neymar all the rest are through youth system.....Soon shut up when i mentioned Macherano,Song,Sanchez,Alves,Alba,Pique

i opposed every question calling him stupid and that he knows hardly anything if he thinks Wenger is poor manager and Brazil 3rd best league in the world.

been talking to one of my best mates a die hard arsenal fan who i suspect knows nothing about football anyone here care to tell me any truth in his words?

Wenger is a poor manager stuck in his old ways and will never win anything? Arsenal would be better of without him..

Only first team player Barca have bought is Neymar all the rest are through youth system.....Soon shut up when i mentioned Macherano' date='Song,Sanchez,Alves,Alba,Pique

[b']i opposed every question calling him stupid [/b]and that he knows hardly anything if he thinks Wenger is poor manager and Brazil 3rd best league in the world.

Yes, he is stupid.

I agree with you

Only first team player Barca have bought is Neymar all the rest are through youth system.....Soon shut up when i mentioned Macherano' date='Song,Sanchez,Alves,Alba,Pique

i opposed every question calling him stupid and that he knows hardly anything if he thinks Wenger is poor manager and Brazil 3rd best league in the world.[/quote']

Pique did come up through there youth system though didnt he? Then joined United for a few seasons then went back. Bit like Cesc.

I dont think hes far wrong with the Brazil league. Probably 4th after England, Germany and Spain. I know in the fifa rankings a year or two ago it was rated 5th, its a very under rated league. Gets better every year with some Brazilians choosing to return there.

Pretty much all he said though is wrong, so yes hes an idiot :)

Pique did come up through there youth system though didnt he? Then joined United for a few seasons then went back. Bit like Cesc.

I dont think hes far wrong with the Brazil league. Probably 4th after England' date=' Germany and Spain.[/b'] I know in the fifa rankings a year or two ago it was rated 5th, its a very under rated league. Gets better every year with some Brazilians choosing to return there.

Pretty much all he said though is wrong, so yes hes an idiot :)

Really? :eek: Why do you put it above the Italian or French League if I may ask? :)

Really? :eek: Why do you put it above the Italian or French League if I may ask? :)

Its competitively much stronger. Theres about 10 teams that can win the Brazil league every season, and you very rarely get a team that wins the title consecutively.

The teams are obviously weaker than the likes of PSG, Juve, Roma and a few others, but as a league it is way more competitive. And alot more exciting to watch.

In France you know PSG are gonna win every year along with Monaco now due to the money. In Italy its only really Juve who run away with the title, Serie A is extermely poor compared to 10 years ago. They are great teams but its not competitive in the slightest.

Its competitively much stronger. Theres about 10 teams that can win the Brazil league every season' date=' and you very rarely get a team that wins the title consecutively.

The teams are obviously weaker than the likes of PSG, Juve, Roma and a few others, but as a league it is way more competitive. And alot more exciting to watch.

In France you know PSG are gonna win every year along with Monaco now due to the money. In Italy its only really Juve who run away with the title, Serie A is extermely poor compared to 10 years ago. They are great teams but its not competitive in the slightest.[/quote']

I'm just playing devils advocate here and i neither agree nor disagree, but would the best teams in Brazil right now, beat those top 7 or 8 teams in France and Italy?

I'm just playing devils advocate here and i neither agree nor disagree' date=' but would the best teams in Brazil right now, beat those top 7 or 8 teams in France and Italy?[/quote']

I dont think thats ever a good way to judge which leagues are better. Barca and Madrid can beat every team in the EPL, but that for me doesnt make La Liga better than EPL. But yeah I think they could. Apart from PSG, Monaco, Juve, Roma and Napoli. Confident that any of the top Brazil sides could beat the rest on there day.

Most big clubs in Brazil concentrate on the Copa Libedatores though, so league form usually bad that season.

As a league though its better than Ligue 1 and Serie A, imo anyway

I dont think hes far wrong with the Brazil league. Probably 4th after England' date=' Germany and Spain. I know in the fifa rankings a year or two ago it was rated 5th, its a very under rated league. Gets better every year with some Brazilians choosing to return there.

Pretty much all he said though is wrong, so yes hes an idiot :)[/quote']

I think Alba did the same thing.

Hard to judge the Brazilian league, it's competitive but they don't have any really outstanding teams.

I dont think thats ever a good way to judge which leagues are better. Barca and Madrid can beat every team in the EPL' date=' but that for me doesnt make La Liga better than EPL. But yeah I think they could. Apart from PSG, Monaco, Juve, Roma and Napoli. Confident that any of the top Brazil sides could beat the rest on there day.

Most big clubs in Brazil concentrate on the Copa Libedatores though, so league form usually bad that season.

As a league though its better than Ligue 1 and Serie A, imo anyway[/quote']

I don't know if the competitiveness is necessarily the best way to judge a league either though.

If the top 10 teams in Lithuania were level on points, does this make it a better league than France or Italy?

It really is up to peoples opinion on what is better.

That said, Brazil is certainly getting better and quite a few Brazilian players are 'going home' from Europe.

IF (big if) you guys lost to Spurs, with the games you having coming up how worried would you be about dropping out the top 4?

Obviously Liverpool still have the same problem and I still worry, but only a few weeks ago it would have been unthinkable for Arsenal not to make the top 4, were as now its actually quite possible.

IF (big if) you guys lost to Spurs' date=' with the games you having coming up how worried would you be about dropping out the top 4?

Obviously Liverpool still have the same problem and I still worry, but only a few weeks ago it would have been unthinkable for Arsenal not to make the top 4, were as now its actually quite possible.[/quote']

True however I can't see us losing. I know how good Spurs are but their morale seems very low. We are in good spirits after reaching an FA Cup semi final and getting a draw in Munich. I honestly think we will win. However if we do end up losing then yes we be worried over a top four finish. I still think we can make a late push for the title. I think with Ramsey coming back and Oxlade in form we might be able to get a decent run of results.

IF (big if) you guys lost to Spurs' date=' with the games you having coming up how worried would you be about dropping out the top 4?

Obviously Liverpool still have the same problem and I still worry, but only a few weeks ago it would have been unthinkable for Arsenal not to make the top 4, were as now its actually quite possible.[/quote']

Nobody gives a crap about top 4 anymore. It's got to the point where it's trophies or nothing.

Would still rather be in the CL and no silverware than an FA Cup and Europa league.

Well, that's you, innit? You're the sort of bloke that'd listen to Kylie Minogue for 8 hours straight.

We can cope without CL football for one season. 5th and winning the FA Cup would be more than acceptable. Plus, if we did slip into the Europa, we'd probably win that as well. Sometimes, to go backwards, you have to go forwards. Saying that, we won't finish lower then 3rd as Liverpool will fall apart and the rest below us are terrible.

Well' date=' that's you, innit? You're the sort of bloke that'd listen to Kylie Minogue for 8 hours straight.

We can cope without CL football for one season. 5th and winning the FA Cup would be more than acceptable. Plus, if we did slip into the Europa, we'd probably win that as well. Sometimes, to go backwards, you have to go forwards. Saying that, we won't finish lower then 3rd as Liverpool will fall apart and the rest below us are terrible.[/quote']

So when are we going to fall apart then? Around the same time as you lot or later?

Well' date=' that's you, innit? You're the sort of bloke that'd listen to Kylie Minogue for 8 hours straight.

We can cope without CL football for one season. 5th and winning the FA Cup would be more than acceptable. Plus, if we did slip into the Europa, we'd probably win that as well. Sometimes, to go backwards, you have to go forwards. Saying that, we won't finish lower then 3rd as Liverpool will fall apart and the rest below us are terrible.[/quote']

Kylie? More like MGK.

CL is very important. Helps us to build an even better team. FA Cup doesn't mean much now days. It's not as prestigious as it once was whether you like it or not the ratings prove this.