Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Nevertheless' date=' it's not gonna be easy. It's safe to say that Chelsea and City will finish top 4 the next couple seasons. Which leaves United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs for the remaining 2 spots. It'd be 50-50 every season.[/quote']

You never know, Chelsea didn't even managed to finish top four during the season where they won the Champion League even with huge financial backup. And did anyone expect United not to be in the top four? People saying Tottenham is going to overtake Arsenal for how many goddamn years but did it happened? (We, Arsenal fans always know that it is not gonna happened) So, everything you say is just based on speculation and opinion. Truth to be known during the eventual day mate.

You never know' date=' Chelsea didn't even managed to finish top four during the season where they won the Champion League even with huge financial backup. And did anyone expect United not to be in the top four? People saying Tottenham is going to overtake Arsenal for how many goddamn years but did it happened? (We, Arsenal fans always know that it is not gonna happened) So, everything you say is just based on speculation and opinion. Truth to be known during the eventual day mate.[/quote']

Of course it's based on speculation. The point I made is that some people said that Arsenal can easily afford a season or two outside the top 4.

While that is true, it implies and requires that Arsenal could easily get back into the top 4 once they are out. But there is no guarantee for that hence why I wouldn't risk dropping out of the top 4 for the FA Cup.

Of course it's based on speculation. The point I made is that some people said that Arsenal can easily afford a season or two outside the top 4.

While that is true' date=' it implies and requires that Arsenal could easily get back into the top 4 once they are out. But there is no guarantee for that hence why I wouldn't risk dropping out of the top 4 for the FA Cup.[/quote']

Totally agree. No one has also mentioned how hard it would be to keep the likes of Koss and Ozil and others if we didn't stay in top four. Our club would lose star players and would be forced to replace them with weaker players.

We are now in a position where we have enough in the tank to chase multiple titles. We haven't always been in this position. We went about our business the right way, paid off debts, got a great stadium and marque signing. All the hallmarks for future success.

The point that people need to understand is that CL is our first priority. Then it would be to mount a title challenge, then it would be to win a cup. People who don't understand how priorities work will keep going in circles but that is the truth of the matter.

I would also like people like Gav to actually read what we was debating about before firstly agreeing with someone's view which had nothing to do with the original debate. Whilst secondly not making re marks about "how can you be a real football fan". Read, understand the points made. Then make your point. Don't come in half way and start jumping on a bandwagon from a comment that wasn't even part of the original debate.

Honestly I say this a hell of a lot but people really do need to either read properly or make a valid point about the actual debate. I am sick of having to repeat myself and then them same people who didn't take the time to read what was said has the cheek to then make a dig about me telling then to go back and read. Having they done this in the first place I wouldn't have to repeat myself ten times.

Totally agree. No one has also mentioned how hard it would be to keep the likes of Koss and Ozil and others if we didn't stay in top four. Our club would lose star players and would be forced to replace them with weaker players.

We are now in a position where we have enough in the tank to chase multiple titles. We haven't always been in this position. We went about our business the right way' date=' paid off debts, got a great stadium and marque signing. All the hallmarks for future success.

The point that people need to understand is that CL is our first priority. Then it would be to mount a title challenge, then it would be to win a cup. People who don't understand how priorities work will keep going in circles but that is the truth of the matter.

I would also like people like Gav to actually read what we was debating about before firstly agreeing with someone's view which had nothing to do with the original debate. Whilst secondly not making re marks about "how can you be a real football fan". Read, understand the points made. Then make your point. Don't come in half way and start jumping on a bandwagon from a comment that wasn't even part of the original debate.

Honestly I say this a hell of a lot but people really do need to either read properly or make a valid point about the actual debate. I am sick of having to repeat myself and then them same people who didn't take the time to read what was said has the cheek to then make a dig about me telling then to go back and read. Having they done this in the first place I wouldn't have to repeat myself ten times.[/quote']

Sorry I can't be asked to scroll through pages and pages. I dip in and out whenever I feel like it. It's a forum by the way I don't have to read everything as long as I get the gist of the conversation which was about what should Arsenal's priority be?

It's clear you don't like it when someone disagrees with you. I'm sure if, as you said I came in half way and agreed with your view you would not be complaining.

You say if we finish outside the top four we would find it difficult to keep our best players but we've finished in the top four year in year out and let our best players go like Cesc, Nasri and RVP. How many trophies did we win in that period? Zero. You ask these three players why they left (especially the latter two) it was for the search of trophies. Top four was not enough to keep them. Look at Liverpool they have kept hold of Suarez without being in champions league. I think our players would be more likely to stay if we won the FA Cup and finished 5th then finishing 4th and losing to either Wigan, Hull or Sheffield United at Wembley.

In the long term and under normal circumstances I would agree that top 4 is the priority but our circumstances are not normal; 9 years without a trophy isn't good enough we desperately need to end that barren run. So for me the priority should be to win a trophy first and foremost. First is to try and win the league if that's not possible then win the FA Cup and then top four.

Sorry I can't be asked to scroll through pages and pages. I dip in and out whenever I feel like it. It's a forum by the way I don't have to read everything as long as I get the gist of the conversation which was about what should Arsenal's priority be?

It's clear you don't like it when someone disagrees with you. I'm sure if' date=' as you said I came in half way and agreed with your view you would not be complaining.

You say if we finish outside the top four we would find it difficult to keep our best players but we've finished in the top four year in year out and let our best players go like Cesc, Nasri and RVP. How many trophies did we win in that period? Zero. You ask these three players why they left (especially the latter two) it was for the search of trophies. Top four was not enough to keep them. Look at Liverpool they have kept hold of Suarez without being in champions league. I think our players would be more likely to stay if we won the FA Cup and finished 5th then finishing 4th and losing to either Wigan, Hull or Sheffield United at Wembley.

In the long term and under normal circumstances I would agree that top 4 is the priority but our circumstances are not normal; 9 years without a trophy isn't good enough we desperately need to end that barren run. So for me the priority should be to win a trophy first and foremost. First is to try and win the league if that's not possible then win the FA Cup and then top four.[/quote']

Not at all your welcome to agree with what you want. However what I dislike is when someone makes a comment which isn't correct and then people jump on the bandwagon. It makes debates so much harder as you are trying to put your views across but then someone changed the original debate.

Also it's not about what Arsenal should do. It's about what Arsenal do! I agree with our strategy totally and those players left out of money, love for another club or wanting to win a BPL title. I don't think RVP left us to win a FA Cup do you?

The fact remains that with CL football we can sign top players such as Ozil. Now if we wasn't in the CL this year do you honestly think we would of signed Ozil? Or maybe had to sell players like Santi who joined us for CL football.

Not at all your welcome to agree with what you want. However what I dislike is when someone makes a comment which isn't correct and then people jump on the bandwagon. It makes debates so much harder as you are trying to put your views across but then someone changed the original debate.

Also it's not about what Arsenal should do. It's about what Arsenal do! I agree with our strategy totally and those players left out of money' date=' love for another club or wanting to win a BPL title. I don't think RVP left us to win a FA Cup do you?

The fact remains that with CL football we can sign top players such as Ozil. Now if we wasn't in the CL this year do you honestly think we would of signed Ozil? Or maybe had to sell players like Santi who joined us for CL football.[/quote']

Why would we have to sell Santi? Your acting like we're totally reliant on CL money to fund the club!

And yes I agree with Spam let's not look too far ahead that was my original view on the matter. But you don't like people commenting unless they've read the first post so according to your rules Spam isn't 'allowed' to express that view.

Why would we have to sell Santi? Your acting like we're totally reliant on CL money to fund the club!

And yes I agree with Spam let's not look too far ahead that was my original view on the matter. But you don't like people commenting unless they've read the first post so according to your rules Spam isn't 'allowed' to express that view.

Well considering we do rely on CL money it makes your point invalid. I do t know what you been looking at but the fact remains our club needs CL to balance the books. We posted our first loss in almost ten years this year, only 8 million loss but without CL you could add another 30 mil to that.

Plus don't make out that I can't hold a debate. I have held many and most around here would call me many things but not being able to debate is not one of them. As long as the point is in context and some truth I welcome it, I have done and will do stand corrected at times. This is not one of them.

Having you actually read what was said you wouldn't be here posting now. So to keep this civil and on point I suggest you do one of either. Firstly read what's said before commenting. Or don't involve me in your comment. That simple.

Well considering we do rely on CL money it makes your point invalid. I do t know what you been looking at but the fact remains our club needs CL to balance the books. We posted our first loss in almost ten years this year' date=' only 8 million loss but without CL you could add another 30 mil to that.

Plus don't make out that I can't hold a debate. I have held many and most around here would call me many things but not being able to debate is not one of them. As long as the point is in context and some truth I welcome it, I have done and will do stand corrected at times. This is not one of them.

Having you actually read what was said you wouldn't be here posting now. So to keep this civil and on point I suggest you do one of either. Firstly read what's said before commenting. Or don't involve me in your comment. That simple.[/quote']

I don't remember saying you can't hold a debate? And I don't recall even suggesting the idea? Anyway moving on, back to Arsenal. You can manipulate the finances anyway you want because looking at it we are can cope without CL for a year. You say we need CL football to "balance the books". Where is your evidence take a look at our last quarterly results and you'll find that your point is actually invalid not mines. I won't bore people with the figures so you can look for yourself below.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/51238/club-announces-latest-financial-results

Ivan the distinctly Terrible said it himself. We have the resources to cope without CL football. And that was a couple of years ago.

Precisely.

Moving on, there's some bad news on Ramsey. He won't make the Spurs game. We can more or less predict our midfield now :-(

We posted losses over the year, no point in looking at quarterly figures. It's the end of year figures that count.

This is all hypothetical anyway, we will finish in top four. We should win the FA Cup, someone said what is our priority, I answered them.

@Fern make your mind up lad. One minute the thread has no activity and when I give the honest response I'm depressing. Sort it out.

Precisely.

Moving on' date=' there's some bad news on Ramsey. He won't make the Spurs game. We can more or less predict our midfield now :-([/quote']

Surprised about Rambo hope it isn't anything serious. Regardless of who we play we should win. Their teams morale is very low and Benfica may make it even worse for them :)

Those two things have no correlation in the slightest. You sort it out.

No you sort it out :P sorry just had to act up to your expectations.

I ain't said anything wrong, if you don't like that I have to repeat things several times then that ain't my fault. .... Sort it out

Surprised about Rambo hope it isn't anything serious. Regardless of who we play we should win. Their teams morale is very low and Benfica may make it even worse for them :)

Hopefully Benfica do. What would your guys line up be? There isn't much to choose from. 6 from these 5 in midfield: Flamini, Arteta, OX, Santi, Podolski, Rosicky. Ox is a certainty and so is Santi but the rest I'm not sure. I like Rosicky and Podolski but that would mean Ox plays in the middle and either Flamini or Arteta miss out. :confused:

Hopefully Benfica do. What would your guys line up be? There isn't much to choose from. 6 from these 5 in midfield: Flamini' date=' Arteta, OX, Santi, Podolski, Rosicky. Ox is a certainty and so is Santi but the rest I'm not sure. I like Rosicky and Podolski but that would mean Ox plays in the middle and either Flamini or Arteta miss out. :confused:[/quote']

Arteta - ox

Santi - rosicky - podolski

Giroud

Hopefully Benfica do. What would your guys line up be? There isn't much to choose from. 6 from these 5 in midfield: Flamini' date=' Arteta, OX, Santi, Podolski, Rosicky. Ox is a certainty and so is Santi but the rest I'm not sure. I like Rosicky and Podolski but that would mean Ox plays in the middle and either Flamini or Arteta miss out. :confused:[/quote']

Flamini as he didn't start in mid week, alongside him perhaps Oxlade? I can't see Spurs attacking through he middle so I think Oxlade will do well.

It's the LB that worries me, hopefully TV can play there again but even better Gibbs. Just praying Monreal is left out otherwise Townsend is going to have a field day.

Podolski if fit enough deserves to start after his performance again Bayern

That would possibly be my team but I have a feeling Wenger will leave out Podolski. I don't know why I sense the feeling Wenger hasn't got a great amount of faith in him' date=' hope I'm wrong though.[/quote']

The German was impressive in the second half against Bayern and probably

merits another try tonight. But Wenger maybe will start with fresh Rosicky instead..