Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Think we had a very solid game. Never really looked like we would concede. Didn't create much but we showed that we can get a goal and shut up shop. Was never going to be a attacking game from our point as we haven't won on our last five attempts at WHL. We had a few errors but luckily our world class CB's played their hearts out.

Everyone was poor bar the centre backs. I'll let Rosicky off the hook with that goal. Giroud was a 0 out of 10 I've heard he wants to go back home. Podolski was non existent. Didn't think Arteta was as bad as he's been in previous games like the Anfield game. Though that's not saying a lot. He can't be a starter next season we need someone else.

Need to up our game for Chelsea even with Ramires and Will.I.An suspended they will win comfortably if we play like that.

Add Szczesny to that list' date=' what a clown.[/quote']

He made some bad errors, but made an awesome selfie at the end xD

A massive win, not the best to watch as we attacked pretty poor but defended very good at times. Giroud is just too slow for this type of game and Cazorla hardly touched the ball, worse ive seen him play for Arsenal.

Top 4 is pretty much secured now, hope we really have a go at Chelsea and City now.

Tremendous win for you today, not because Tottenham are any great shakes but because you did not play well at all in most aspects but you defended brilliantly and Mertersacker and Koscielny were superb.

I never really felt Tottenham were going to score despite there dominance of the ball, which says a lot for your battling qualities. Winning when not playing well is a very handy trait to have!!

Sets up a massive game next week....can't wait!!

I honestly think Chelsea will win but anything is possible, who reacts better to the magnitude of the game is vital.

Mourinho has always had Wenger's number but no better time to set that record straight.

Did anyone do any match ratings?

Everyone was poor bar the centre backs. I'll let Rosicky off the hook with that goal. Giroud was a 0 out of 10 I've heard he wants to go back home. Podolski was non existent. Didn't think Arteta was as bad as he's been in previous games like the Anfield game. Though that's not saying a lot. He can't be a starter next season we need someone else.

Need to up our game for Chelsea even with Ramires and Will.I.An suspended they will win comfortably if we play like that.

Apparently Diaby is fit...*braces for slew of Diaby rants*

Apparently Diaby is fit...*braces for slew of Diaby rants*

Is he really? :)I'm actually getting excited. Tells you how desperate we are in getting players back.

Massive win I expected' date=' pretty much all but seals the Top 4 and with that makes this title race one of the most interesting, beat Chelsea next week and it's blown wide open.[/quote']

If we beat Chelsea I seriously think this title race could be a four horse race till the very end. But I also say if we beat Chelsea I will run around my street in just boxer shorts. The possibility of us beating Chelsea, a team that hasn't lost at home with Mourinho in charge ever (I think). Especially with the injuries we have as well. Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I feel a draw would be a decent result.

No but i can oblige...

Szczesny 3 Nothing to do so tries to give them a goal, twice.

Sagna 6

Mertesacker 10

Koscielny 10 Nuff said about these two. I always knew Koscielny was a brilliant defender in the making. He's not just vindicated me but done a gigantic dump on people who argued to the contrary. Best centre in the world, bar none, especially Vincent Kompany.

Gibbs 3 Terrible both ways.

Arteta 3 So painfully slow.

Cazorla 6 Meh

Rosicky 7 Stunning goal, best midfielder in the league currently. Getting better with age. Deserves more credit.

Oxlade 3 Erratic and a shocking miss. Still too many of these performances from him.

Podolski 6 Meh

Giroud 3 Go home.

No but i can oblige...

Szczesny 3 Nothing to do so tries to give them a goal' date=' twice.

Sagna 6

Mertesacker 10

Koscielny 10 Nuff said about these two. I always knew Koscielny was a brilliant defender in the making. He's not just vindicated me but done a gigantic dump on people who argued to the contrary. Best centre in the world, bar none, especially Vincent Kompany.

Cazorla 6 Meh

Rosicky 7 Stunning goal, best midfielder in the league currently. Getting better with age. Deserves more credit.

Oxlade 3 Erratic and a shocking miss. Still too many of these performances from him.

Podolski 6 Meh

Giroud 3 Go home.[/quote']

Don't you want Giroud here? I think he is a great striker would be sad to see him leave. He had nothing to do against Spurs and that is not his fault. That comes down to Santi.

Don't you want Giroud here? I think he is a great striker would be sad to see him leave. He had nothing to do against Spurs and that is not his fault. That comes down to Santi.

I've seen enough of him, to be honest. He's just bang average. When we're under pressure and need an outlet, he doesn't provide it. Everything bounces off him. The experiment with centre forwards has failed, we need to revert back to pace and mobility.

No but i can oblige...

Szczesny 3 Nothing to do so tries to give them a goal' date=' twice.

Sagna 6

Mertesacker 10

Cazorla 6 Meh

Podolski 6 Meh

Giroud 3 Go home.[/quote']

Best midfielder in the League :P:p:p

A quite frankly ridiculous statement...

I said currently' date=' by which i mean on present form. He's playing very, very well and has done for some time. He's the best midfielder at the club. He transforms the way we play.[/quote']

Except he isn't.

He might be playing well but to suggest on form he is the best midfielder in the PL is ridiculous.

He might well be your best midfielder on form presently but that don't make him the best in the PL.

Besides it is more about the collective than any individual in any side I think, your collective bus like parking yesterday was in many ways much more impressive than a 4-0 easy win.

I've seen enough of him' date=' to be honest. He's just bang average. When we're under pressure and need an outlet, he doesn't provide it. Everything bounces off him. The experiment with centre forwards has failed, we need to revert back to pace and mobility.[/quote']

That's why we have Theo, shame he is injured as he was enjoying his time alongside Giroud. Giroud would come deep and play target man whilst Theo runs behind defenders. Personally I would like us to keep Olivier and not sign a player to replace him but to rotate with him.

Next season we will have Joel Campbell and Theo competing for the right hand side. Oxlade in the middle, not a bad amount of pace if you ask me.