Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Our U19's so unlucky earlier against Barcelona. Lost 4-2 but we've conceded 2 in the dying minutes and played with ten men for around half an hour. Both teams missed a peno as well, Olsson in our case. Gnabry and Akpon with the goals. I'd give Akpon a chance in the first team next season. Quality forward.

Be surprised if they sell him. Great talent. Dont see it happening though

Lol I'm sure if someone said on March 18th 2013 we would sign Ozil no one in their right mind would've believed that. Not saying we will sign Shaqiri but stranger things have happened.

Diaby apparently a couple of weeks away from a return' date=' do you think he'll play any part this season?[/quote']

Yes I hope so, it's his last fee months here before his contract is up. He will be hoping to impress other clubs. Such a shame injuries ruined him, he had natural talent.

On a side note Santi and Rambo have signed new deals. Ramsey had a clause in his deal to extend by a further year and we took it. He is on the same wage as Wilshere and a few others. Not the reported figure from months back.

Diaby apparently a couple of weeks away from a return' date=' do you think he'll play any part this season?[/quote']

If he can get fit im sure he will get games.

Still think when fit hes one of our best midfielders, and Wenger is a big fan of his. All of our midfielders are very similar, he is the only one with power.

Walcott really? Starting to understand why people don't listen to Alan Smith.

Would of stuck Ljungberg in there somewhere.

And for even how good Koscienly is I wouldn't say he's surpassed Keown or Adams in their primes.

Also RVP had one good season so he wouldn't be anywhere near that team.

And for even how good Koscienly is I wouldn't say he's surpassed Keown or Adams in their primes.

Gotta agree with most of that.

having RVP over Bergkamp do me a favour.

Walcott over Ljungberg or my choice Overmars is ludicrous.

Koscielny over Adams as well is Barmy IMO.

The rest if them you can accept you can make arguments for other players such as petit, wright, Keown, evens Dixon and Winterburn if you start right at the beginning.

The rest if them you can accept you can make arguments for other players such as petit' date=' wright, Keown, evens Dixon and Winterburn if you start right at the beginning.[/quote']

For those with visual impairment :)

However, we made his task a little trickier by excluding those who made their Arsenal debuts BEFORE Wenger took charge at the club - so no places for the likes of Dennis Bergkamp, Ian Wright and David Seaman in this particular line-up.

Quite clearly states that in the article , Having said that Alan Smith hasnt a clue :)

For those with visual impairment :)

However' date=' we made his task a little trickier by excluding those who made their Arsenal debuts BEFORE Wenger took charge at the club - so no places for the likes of Dennis Bergkamp, Ian Wright and David Seaman in this particular line-up.[/b']

Quite clearly states that in the article , Having said that Alan Smith hasnt a clue :)

Well I didn't read the article, just clicked the link saw the team and thought I ain't having any of that :P

Stupid rule they played under Wenger so they should all count.

The rest if them you can accept you can make arguments for other players such as petit' date=' wright, Keown, evens Dixon and Winterburn if you start right at the beginning.[/quote']

I thought exactly the same as you both and having Lehman in the team instead of Seaman. However when you read the article it says that its players that made there debuts under Wenger. So players like Bergkamp, Adams, Wright, etc are all excluded.

I would of definitely of had Overmars in the team instead of Walcott though and probably Lauren instead of Sagna. Wiltord or Adebayor instead of RVP has a case as well i think.

He's surpassed everyone.

What about Shaqiri? He's great on the wing' date=' creates chances well, is somewhat versatile, and would fit perfectly in our attack.[/quote']

There has been talks about a loan to Mönchengladbach but I don't think that's gonna happen. One way or another, he wants to play more which is understable. Robben has just extended his contract until 2017 so it doesn't look good for him.

I'd have thought Pep fancies him as a player but he doesn't look to have improved since he arrived at Bayern. Maybe lack of games, maybe he is just that level below top class though. Either way, he stagnated in his development. He is a good back-up player to have but no Starting XI standard for a world class team and I don't think he is ever gonna be either.

Wenger's greatest team is quite simple. The Invincibles except Toure for Koscielny. Gilberto is the must under rated player to play for the club and closely followed by Lauren.

Lauren is rated fairly. Sagna would have kept him out of the team, but because Sagna played with utter clowns like Gallas, Silvestre, Vermaelen, Clichy, Almunia, Denilson & Diaby people will never rate Sagna as highly because of the failures caused by those types of players.

The only area in which Lauren was better than Sagna is penalties, which is a ludicrous way to judge them anyway.