Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Can't wait for Sczezzers' latest selfie...

I'm assuming he didn't have a great game seeing as he let in six.

That's more in line with his level of quality. He's not a world class keeper and for a team wanting to challenge for the title on a regular basis, he's simply not good enough

To be fair... A trophy drought for a top club like Arsenal' date=' any trophy should be a welcome one. Plus, it would cancel out the "Arsenal havent won a trophy for so and so years" comments, pictures etc.[/quote']

To be fair I had already explained that a few posts down but I ain't going to keep repeating myself.

At any top club he wouldn't have lasted half the time he has given his recent trophy record.

People like you are the reason the FA Cup is viewed as pointless by some clubs. It's a fantastic competition and has huge historical ties that the majority of fans respect and cherish. What you say is incredibly arrogant and smacks of football snobbery. And given your clubs recent success record' date=' I don't really know where that's coming from.

Don't patronise other 'smaller' clubs for winning trophies. Wigan earnt their cup win and fully deserved the success.[/quote']

Yes people like me... Well done Wigan on winning a cup that not only gave them 1 million, minus the 59 million from dropping out the league but also the extra games in a 46 game season in the Championship. I guess it was great for them.

Please don't make out as if it is me who sets the tone for the Cup. The FA cup is NOT what it once was, just because im saying the truth that you don't agree with doesn't make me any worse.

As I said I would welcome the FA cup and be pleased for my club, however I won't go out and party for it. If It was the BPL it would be a completely different matter.

I'm assuming he didn't have a great game seeing as he let in six.

That's more in line with his level of quality. He's not a world class keeper and for a team wanting to challenge for the title on a regular basis' date=' he's simply not good enough[/quote']

He had a poor game, two goals he should of easily saved.

However up until today he was joint top for clean sheets. Made some great saves over the season and I like his confidence/ cockiness. He has amazing mental strength for a keeper. However yes he had a bad game, but not worse than our defence. Per was useless but I think Arteta should of done a better job in commanding his team. Neither happened and we got spanked.

Yes people like me... Well done Wigan on winning a cup that not only gave them 1 million' date=' minus the 59 million from dropping out the league but also the extra games in a 46 game season in the Championship. I guess it was great for them.

Please don't make out as if it is me who sets the tone for the Cup. The FA cup is NOT what it once was, just because im saying the truth that you don't agree with doesn't make me any worse.

As I said I would welcome the FA cup and be pleased for my club, however I won't go out and party for it. If It was the BPL it would be a completely different matter.[/quote']

This is your issue.

You've broken down Wigan's FA Cup success into money and being the cause of them dropping out the PL.

It's not trophies or league position. Likewise glory is not completely about money. This is Arsenals problem

He had a poor game' date=' two goals he should of easily saved.

However up until today he was joint top for clean sheets. Made some great saves over the season and I like his confidence/ cockiness. He has amazing mental strength for a keeper. However yes he had a bad game, but not worse than our defence. Per was useless but I think Arteta should of done a better job in commanding his team. Neither happened and we got spanked.[/quote']

He's way too reckless to be a top keeper

Szczesny had some unacceptable stinkers in the last couple of games, its a good thing he is only 23, so far off the age where keepers usually mature. He still has potential. Anyway onto todays result, unacceptable, another thumping from one of the big boys, which is obviously cause the problem isnt the players, its something else.

This is your issue.

You've broken down Wigan's FA Cup success into money and being the cause of them dropping out the PL.

It's not trophies or league position. Likewise glory is not completely about money. This is Arsenals problem

Couldn't have formulated it better.

Money is nothing in today's game. It just takes one rich investor to get a club from rock-bottom to world-class material. Whereas trophies are remembered for ever. Just ask Dave Whelan.

This is your issue.

Hardly my issue is it? I don't have an issue with us winning the cup. It's you who has the issue with the status that the cup is regarded in. I am just saying it how it is, shall I lie and say things to please you?

Yeah the same applied to him too.

Not a chance, one of the best the BPL has seen in recent years. Arsenal Legend! Can't be that bad if he took Kahn's place in the WC 06 and was part of the invincibles, also got us to a CL final with a last minute penalty save.

Not a chance' date=' one of the best the BPL has seen in recent years. Arsenal Legend! Can't be that bad if he took Kahn's place in the WC 06 and was part of the invincibles, also got us to a CL final with a last minute penalty save.[/quote']

In which he was sent off if memory serves me right?

Sent off in your clubs biggest game to date. Good job

In which he was sent off if memory serves me right?

Sent off in your clubs biggest game to date. Good job

So what? Still a legend, Eto'o went too ground far too easily however sure beat him with whatever stick you want.

Doesn't change the fact that he will be remembered as one of the best keepers to ever grace Arsenal and the BPL.

Some of the best keepers of all time have all been known for their risk taking or cocky attitude, Kahn, Lehmann, Chilavert, Ceni, (The Colombian keeper I think with the scorpion kick), Neurer, Schmeichel.

Are they all bad as well? Stats show that Szczesny is one of the best in the BPL, if you don't like it tough. Debate with OPTA not me.

Yes people like me... Well done Wigan on winning a cup that not only gave them 1 million' date=' minus the 59 million from dropping out the league but also the extra games in a 46 game season in the Championship. I guess it was great for them..[/quote']

Not a relevant factor in Arsenal's case is it.

Wigan would have went down anyway due to far too many defensive injuries, have been overachieving for years on end and because they have a tiny budget.

Not a relevant factor in Arsenal's case is it.

Wigan would have went down anyway due to far too many defensive injuries' date=' have been overachieving for years on end and because they have a tiny budget.[/quote']

True but that wasn't what I was meaning. I was meaning any club can win the FA Cup, you don't have to be a world beater clearly.

I said I would tell them to do one if they tried trolling. Only you have trolled. So yes that Big F can go to you... I am a "Bad ass" after all.

Taken defeat in your usual good grace :o

Seriously every time Arsenal lose you start threatening somebody it is really childish..

As for anything with you in the discussion about trophies it is all about Money with you, the game is not about Money you don't play to win money, you play to win trophies....

By the way hardly anybody agrees with you with regards your constant degrading of the domestic cups and shows disrespect to the likes of Swansea and Wigan who earnt there successes and beat big sides on the way to do so.

So you saying that you are telling it the "way it is" is wrong because I would say the vast majority of football fans do care for those cups and that includes the top sides like City, Chelsea etc

Taken defeat in your usual good grace :o

Seriously every time Arsenal lose you start threatening somebody it is really childish..

As for anything with you in the discussion about trophies it is all about Money with you' date=' the game is not about Money you don't play to win money, you play to win trophies....

By the way hardly anybody agrees with you with regards your constant degrading of the domestic cups and shows disrespect to the likes of Swansea and Wigan who earnt there successes and beat big sides on the way to do so.

So you saying that you are telling it the "way it is" is wrong because I would say the vast majority of football fans do care for those cups and that includes the top sides like City, Chelsea etc[/quote']

Ray do me a favour. Read everything then come back. I am the ONLY one who congratulated Chelsea, thanks for not pointing that out though.

As for my stance on cups. Have it your way they are great and the FA Cup will be the pinnacle of any players career. Fed up of being told what's right and wrong. You don't control me, what ever happened to free speech.

But once again another dig post at me but don't worry I'm going to football forums. Take care.

Ray do me a favour. Read everything then come back. I am the ONLY one who congratulated Chelsea' date=' thanks for not pointing that out though.

As for my stance on cups. Have it your way they are great and the FA Cup will be the pinnacle of any players career. Fed up of being told what's right and wrong. You don't control me, what ever happened to free speech.

But once again another dig post at me but don't worry I'm going to football forums. Take care.[/quote']

Or maybe your just irritated because I don't fall foul to the intimidation you try to use around here?

When I was referring to your grace it was with regards your proposed way of dealing with fans having a laugh at Arsenal's expense, what do you think is gonna happen when you get tonked like you do today??

in those situations you just have to suck it up same with every big side you know what's coming when you get thumped.

You can have free speech so can I so if I want to air my opinion then that is my right, I suggest more people will agree with my opinion on the value of domestic cups than you, what you getting so upset about.

Winning trophies is the pinnacle of most people's career who are lucky enough to win one/some a point you seem oblivious to.

Or maybe your just irritated because I don't fall foul to the intimidation you try to use around here?

When I was referring to your grace it was with regards your proposed way of dealing with fans having a laugh at Arsenal's expense' date=' what do you think is gonna happen when you get tonked like you do today??

in those situations you just have to suck it up same with every big side you know what's coming when you get thumped.

You can have free speech so can I so if I want to air my opinion then that is my right, I suggest more people will agree with my opinion on the value of domestic cups than you, what you getting so upset about.

Winning trophies is the pinnacle of most people's career who are lucky enough to win one/some a point you seem oblivious to.[/quote']

Good for you Ray, your right in wrong whatever laters. Before I leave best of luck to Pool if Arsenal can't win it I want it to be you lot.

Laters.