Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Depend on how many small team left to grind the result from.

the earlier post was riduloos, anyone mentioning arsenal and 5th is delusional... that said im not going to go into the absolute capitualtion and the post saying we cant play the big boys is relatively true unfortunately.

3rd is our best bet now, 4th should be guaranteed in all honesty. Liverpool have to play some big games still, and have proved inconsistent to a degree against smaller sides. We have a decent run home. City and Chelsea are unobtainable at this juncture id say, and Liverpool (cannot belive im wrinting this) are gonna be a difficult enough task to reel in for the auto CL spot.

At least this season is an improvement where its ended a shock/upset that Arsenal could finish 4th (was called a 3horse race a long time, props to pool) as opposed to the usual hangoing on or obligatory 3rd/4th. Good to see us be relevant all season and have what shoudl eb an F.A. Cup.

Mariner to go ahead and ref this weekend after his case of mistaken identity.

After the match, the Professional Game Match Officials Ltd, the referees' body, issued a statement saying: "Andre is an experienced referee and is obviously disappointed that an error of mistaken identity was made.

"Incidents of mistaken identity are very rare and are often the result of a number of different technical factors."

Factors? Surely the only techincal factor is racism isn't it?

I think its a tad OTT to call him racist. Theres times when Ive watched Arsenal and I thought Gibbs was Ox and vice versa' date=' but when the camera wasnt zoomed in.[/quote']

I know it, only mentioned in slight jest though, although it's not like it was Sagna and is sent off Rosicky was it.

Other than actual twins they do look fairly similar.

Apparently he will be officiating the Southampton game - let's hope it doesn't happen with Lallana/Rodriguez :P

Mariner to go ahead and ref this weekend after his case of mistaken identity.

Factors? Surely the only techincal factor is racism isn't it?

Bit OTT don't you think Ash?? :o

I think he just made a mistake' date=' although agree thought he would for sure be putting his feet up for a couple of weeks.

Wenger's quitting. He's like me. He's had enough. Rumours are he was nearly in tears at the end of the game.

In tears, quitting

Where in Wenger's history does it suggest he is a quitter even when others might think it is the best course of action?

He won't quit simple as.

Besides you beat Swansea, then City and everybody wil be saying he is the Messiah again, football is a very fickle world.

Thing is, after a tonking like the one against the Prostitutes, what our board would have wanted was to announce some good news to take the result off the mind of Gooners, namely Wenger's contract. Given that it was his 1000th game n'all, no announcement, more than ever, is highly suspicious.

Thing is' date=' after a tonking like the one against the Prostitutes, what our board would have wanted was to announce some good news to take the result off the mind of Gooners, namely Wenger's contract. Given that it was his 1000th game n'all, no announcement, more than ever, is highly suspicious.[/quote']

I don't find it suspicious I just think he wanted everybody fully focused on the title bid and focusing on the cause (as daft as that sounds after a tonking like that) Contract talks could distract from that.

We have a similar thing with Rodgers at Liverpool and clearly stated wait till the kind of the season and we will then sort it out, Wenger has always run down his contracts and always renewed I don't see a big issue.

I can't see anyway he won't be there next season bar a possible disaster collapse whereby you don't finish top 4 which I really can't see happening.

Bit OTT don't you think Ash?? :o

I think he just made a mistake' date=' although agree thought he would for sure be putting his feet up for a couple of weeks.

In tears, quitting

Where in Wenger's history does it suggest he is a quitter even when others might think it is the best course of action?

He won't quit simple as.

Besides you beat Swansea, then City and everybody wil be saying he is the Messiah again, football is a very fickle world.[/quote']

I did later say it was said in jest.

I did later say it was said in jest.

I missed that one :)

I wouldn't worry about it if I was Ox or Gibbs anyway, I often get mistaken for Brad Pitt but that's just something I have to put up with ;):P

Both of them are free to play tomorrow as well it has just been announced.

There are certain individuals who should be fighting for their careers here tonight and are quite clearly not.

Thats what I used to HATE more than anything sometimes watching LFC, you can put up with losses and other stuff but when you know they are playing for your club and not giving 100% it really ........ you off.

Thats what I used to HATE more than anything sometimes watching LFC' date=' you can put up with losses and other stuff but when you know they are playing for your club and not giving 100% it really ........ you off.[/quote']

It's sickening. There are a few culprits but one man stands out above all. He is a slime bucket, a coward and he makes me sick. Go back to Monterpellier, you nonce.