Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Awful game of football, we didn't play very well but defended a lot better.

To get robbed of the chance to win the game in the way that we did was criminal ...

The game didn't restarted until 90:50, 4 minutes went up before then and only 94:30 with De Guzman through on goal the whistle blows ...

Awful game of football' date=' we didn't play very well but defended a lot better.

To get robbed of the chance to win the game in the way that we did was criminal ...

The game didn't restarted until 90:50, 4 minutes went up before then and only 94:30 with De Guzman through on goal the whistle blows ...[/quote']

No cares what you think, go away.

Tonight has disaster written all over it.

Not quite disaster but close....

There are certain individuals who should be fighting for their careers here tonight and are quite clearly not.

Name names.....

Wenger out' date=' now.[/quote']

You change your tune, quickly ;)

Wenger out' date=' now.[/quote']

He'd be mental not to leave at the end of the season. Especially if he wins a trophy as he'll be thinking that he's leaving on a high. There's no improving this team without a solid 60/70 million. We also lack character, and have done so for a couple of years now. Our team isn't young anymore. It's about time they started taking responsibility and give their all on the pitch. I could go through all the changes required (players wise) but I'm on my phone and still half asleep.

Theres just no passion with wenger anymore, hes never off his seat in games, he isnt vocal enough. However, Ill give him one more season if he wins the FA cup. Id like to see what he does in the market more than anything, as that will define our next season.

Theres just no passion with wenger anymore' date=' hes never off his seat in games, he isnt vocal enough. However, Ill give him one more season if he wins the FA cup. Id like to see what he does in the market more than anything, as that will define our next season.[/quote']

Hmm after needing a striker in January even before Walcott was injured and then loaning in an injured midfielder at the last minute I'm not 100% confident in Arsenals transfer policy to say the least. Having to resort to Bendtner at times is laughably poor for a team of Arsenals stature and aspirations.

If Arsenal somehow fail to to win the FA Cup and not finish at least 4th this year I don't see how Wenger can stay. There are some clubs that change manager far too rapidly but I'd say a decade is a substantial enough time to bring success and actually challenge for honours. The past 5 seasons against the top 4 show Arsenal are tactically inept against the big teams, surely that blame rests at the managers feet.

Hmm after needing a striker in January even before Walcott was injured and then loaning in an injured midfielder at the last minute I'm not 100% confident in Arsenals transfer policy to say the least. Having to resort to Bendtner at times is laughably poor for a team of Arsenals stature and aspirations.

If Arsenal somehow fail to to win the FA Cup and not finish at least 4th this year I don't see how Wenger can stay. There are some clubs that change manager far too rapidly but I'd say a decade is a substantial enough time to bring success and actually challenge for honours. The past 5 seasons against the top 4 show Arsenal are tactically inept against the big teams' date=' surely that blame rests at the managers feet.[/quote']

Just saying many owners want to make a profit out of their club and not throwing money left right and centre. Arsenal is a selling club and they are happy where they are. If he was going to get sacked it would of been 5-6 years ago. Hasnt happened and wont. Look at United now , you really going to risk the club ???

Not quite disaster but close....

Name names.....

You change your tune' date=' quickly ;)[/quote']

Name names? Jesus Christ Ray, a Chelsea fan could work out who i was referring to.

If you look Raymondo, I've given Wenger as close to as my full backing as i can get without being stupid/conceited/JCAFC, throughout the season. I really saw an opportunity for Wenger to redeem himself and put together a title challenging team, if not winning. Winning the Fa Cup now would be brill but it ain't fooling anyone. Nothing Wenger has done throughout the season has suggested he's capable of pushing us on as a team, trophy or no trophy. I won't bash him like i did before but it is time for him to go.

Name names? Jesus Christ Ray' date=' a Chelsea fan could work out who i was referring to.

If you look Raymondo, I've given Wenger as close to as my full backing as i can get without being stupid/conceited/JCAFC, throughout the season. I really saw an opportunity for Wenger to redeem himself and put together a title challenging team, if not winning. Winning the Fa Cup now would be brill but it ain't fooling anyone. Nothing Wenger has done throughout the season has suggested he's capable of pushing us on as a team, trophy or no trophy. I won't bash him like i did before but it is time for him to go.[/quote']

Well I was watching the Manc derby so hard for me to ascertain who you were referring to in relation to last night's match.

The most obvious question if Wenger were to leave (which I don't see happening) who replaces him, do you change your ethos as a club??

Big noise coming out of Inter Milan today with regards Sagna as well, even talking about it on there own official website so I heard on the Radio.

Well I was watching the Manc derby so hard for me to ascertain who you were referring to in relation to last night's match.

The most obvious question if Wenger were to leave (which I don't see happening) who replaces him' date=' do you change your ethos as a club??

Big noise coming out of Inter Milan today with regards Sagna as well, even talking about it on there own official website so I heard on the Radio.[/quote']

You don't need to watch the game to know who i was referring to.

I think Wenger would have a say in who the next manager is though, unlike Sir Purplenose, i doubt he'll deliberately pick someone rubbish to enhance his own reputation. Klopp would be the obvious selection.

The most obvious question if Wenger were to leave (which I don't see happening) who replaces him' date=' do you change your ethos as a club??

Big noise coming out of Inter Milan today with regards Sagna as well, even talking about it on there own official website so I heard on the Radio.[/quote']

Inter Milan have been doing a lot of talking recently. They've also linked themselves to Dzeko, Torres and Morata. Can't see the appeal in them really. They need a big push to make CL spots, let alone compete for silverware and Juventus will take some catching.

Sagna's been linked to City too with Richards unlikely to sign a new contract himself.

You don't need to watch the game to know who i was referring to.

I think Wenger would have a say in who the next manager is though' date=' unlike Sir Purplenose, i doubt he'll deliberately pick someone rubbish to enhance his own reputation. Klopp would be the obvious selection.[/quote']

Nothing Klopp has ever said or done suggests to me he would leave Dortmund at this time for Arsenal.

Who knows maybe David Moyes will be available come the summer ;)

In all seriousness the question is difficult to answer maybe a Frank De Boer type of manager but you have to think realistically who is available?

Laudrup,van Gaal, Ian dowie not to sure...

Inter Milan have been doing a lot of talking recently. They've also linked themselves to Dzeko' date=' Torres and Morata. Can't see the appeal in them really. They need a big push to make CL spots, let alone compete for silverware and Juventus will take some catching.

Sagna's been linked to City too with Richards unlikely to sign a new contract himself.[/quote']

I think the "appeal" from Sagna's point of view will be the massive signing on fee, longer contract and higher wages....

Footballing wise I agree Arsenal are in a better state than Inter Milan that's for sure.

Nothing Klopp has ever said or done suggests to me he would leave Dortmund at this time for Arsenal.

Who knows maybe David Moyes will be available come the summer ;)

In all seriousness the question is difficult to answer maybe a Frank De Boer type of manager but you have to think realistically who is available?

Laudrup' date='van Gaal, Ian dowie not to sure...[/quote']

There are 7 billion people on the planet, i'm sure we can find someone, even if you can't.

As i say' date=' Wenger will pick his successor and he deserves to be trusted with that.[/quote']

Like you said they said the same thing with regards Fergie.....

look how that has turned out so far.....

Whoever replaces Wenger will have the same problems, I just think it is an incredibly difficult question to answer.

Feeling confident for the City game? With Everton at Fulham they are gunna grab maximum points so getting something out this game is vital.

I think the "appeal" from Sagna's point of view will be the massive signing on fee' date=' longer contract and higher wages....

Footballing wise I agree Arsenal are in a better state than Inter Milan that's for sure.[/quote']

Not sure on the wage front. According to this (doesn't look wholey reliable but is repeated on other sites), their highest paid player is Milito on €4.5m a year which works out at about £72k a week. It's not as if he's past it either - 31 is a pretty prime age for a full back.

As I say name realistic names that are available and Arsenal fans will be happy with?

there really ain't that many when you think about it.

I don't think many Arsenal fans would have been over enthused with Wenger when he initially joined. Suspect that if Wenger is involved in choosing a replacement (which could be likely given that he'll probably walk himself rather than be pushed if he does go) he'll have a much better grasp of a good candidate than Fergie's "he's Scottish" basis.

Like you said they said the same thing with regards Fergie.....

look how that has turned out so far.....

Whoever replaces Wenger will have the same problems' date=' I just think it is an incredibly difficult question to answer.

Feeling confident for the City game? With Everton at Fulham they are gunna grab maximum points so getting something out this game is vital.[/quote']

It's not the same thing at all. Wenger thinks about the long term future of the club. Although he's taken that too far, you can't question his love for the club and he would never purposely do anything detrimental to it. Fergie, on the other hand, was an ego maniac thinking only about himself. The pressure is also different. Fergyson's record is untouchable, Moyes couldn't follow that up. All the next boss would have to do is finish 3rd and he's done better then Wenger.

Inter say Sagna wants to stay in the PL, which is good news if true :)

(Just hope that means staying with us lol).

Next two games are massive, really cant afford to lose at Goodison as that puts them three points behind with a game in hand. :(

Inter say Sagna wants to stay in the PL' date=' which is good news if true :)

(Just hope that means staying with us lol).

Next two games are massive, really cant afford to lose at Goodison as that puts them three points behind with a game in hand. :([/quote']

We could be level on points with you, with a game in hand if we beat you at Goodison.

No matter what we achieve this season will be papering over the cracks no doubt. Before the Swansea game we had conceded 50% of our league goals in just THREE games! The Swansea game was my first ever league game I went to and once the OG went in I'm embarrassed to say I headed for the exit.

Why we performed so badly against the top 3 teams is down to a combination of reasons. One being how many times has Wenger got his estimations wrong for players' injuries.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2589756/Arsene-Wenger-spin-doctor-Aaron-Ramsey-latest-star-misdiagnosed-Arsenal-boss.html

In terms of Wenger's successor I don't see why Klopp is an unrealistic target. Dortmund are going to be weaker next season with Lewandowski on his way out and there is even possibilities that either Hummels, Subotic or Gundogan could leave. Also Dortmund don't have the spending power the top 4 or 5 clubs in England have and Klopp has said he would like to manage in England in the future. I think it would be an attractive proposition for him, I'm not suggesting it would easy but it wouldn't be unrealistic if we had the money to back him which I feel we do. After Klopp I would look at Roberto Martinez and maybe Michael Laudrup or Mauricio Pochettino. There was also a name branded about a couple of years ago... Dragan Stojkovic. Cue the Dragan Who? :o