Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Speed isn't everything' date=' unless you play FIFA regularly.[/quote']

do you know why most arsenal fans hate on arteta because his too slow. dont get me wrong carvalho is a good player but for 35 million for someone who is not worth that much and it a massive gamble let man city get him :D

Also linked to Gino Peruzzi now! He's a good youngster who I think wouldn't be too expensive. Catania was relegated last season though.

I remember Inter wanted to get him to be an heir to Zanetti as Zanetti even said He saw himself in Peruzzi. But eventually We couldn't sign him.

Ospina would be a very good signing for Arsenal.

At least you guys are better off with him than with Szczesny imo.

I don't rate Szczesny however I'd say he's definitely better than Ospina and even if we signed a quality keeper it's highly unlikely he'd play more games than Szczesny simply because of Wenger.

I don't rate Szczesny however I'd say he's definitely better than Ospina and even if we signed a quality keeper it's highly unlikely he'd play more games than Szczesny simply because of Wenger.

If I were a defender and played in Szczesny's team, I wouldn't feel safe at all.

Ospina is better imo and significantly less error prone.

He's not the tallest (everyone knows that height is important, mainly for that position), but he constantly performs at a good level.

I've always stood by Szczesny and always will. Fantastic shot stopper, good aerial presence, the only thing that lets him down is his decision making, but at 24 years old I'm confident he'll iron that out of his game.

Can't argue with the golden glove winner.

Ospina will only ever play back up to him, not a bad back up to have.

------

Totally irrelevant but, whatever happened to Hulk or JCAFC or whatever he was called?

All I see is diabolical defending.

Well it is Boreham Wood :o

Read it on Metro and Ojogo today' date=' too.[/quote']

Yh lol that was my "source" Ojogo. Tbh it seems the only reliable source is when it is on Arsenal.com. Apparently BBC reported that we'd agreed a £15.8m deal for Balotelli but hours later Galliani said we made no offer. Also I've heard that Wenger has said he's not after a forward or any more attacking players.

EP5qk4B.jpg

lol

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh maybe thats someone different...

Seeing reports here and there of William Carvalho......how good is he currently' date=' and just how good can he be? Watched him at the WC, but didn't learn anything definitive....[/quote']

Hes good.

Seeing reports here and there of William Carvalho......how good is he currently' date=' and just how good can he be? Watched him at the WC, but didn't learn anything definitive....[/quote']

He's the most promising Portuguese player atm.

He's very strong (physically), has quite good technique, even though he's a DM, and his areial play is impecable.

Imo William just needs to improve a bit in tactical aspects of the game (like marking and positioning).

He's young, so he can definitely work on that and get a little better in that department.

He's the most promising Portuguese player atm.

He's very strong (physically)' date=' has quite good technique, even though he's a DM, and his areial play is impecable.

Imo William just needs to improve a bit in tactical aspects of the game (like marking and positioning).

He's young, so he can definitely work on that and get a little better in that department.[/quote']

Hmmm then he's a bit like how Alex Song was for us. It depends on if he has the right mentality to improve...

Since Everyone saying positive. I will go to the negative about him. His is extremely slow and sometimes is caught out of position. He just like alex song but stronger. And is tackling ability need to improve but since his young and may improve massively will cost a lots. And as potential to be as good as javi Martínez ( bayern)

I don't know where you guys are picking that info from William Carvalho, nothing abouth that here in Portugal. Me personally, I would love it to be true, he's just what Arsenal need for the middle

Well we all know a goalkeeper is on his way and we're on the lookout for a DM. Although the Khedira deal is dead in the water and defender may come in depending on if who if anyone leaves. Also don't forget we still have Coquelin and Djourou on our books :o

In terms of a DM there isn't a whole host of names to choose from now. Papers will probably say we're after Luiz Gustavo next. But I can see us signing either L.Bender or maybe Schneiderlin. But don't hold me to that!

Im not surprised really, he wouldve been waiting a very long time to get ahead of Santi and Ozil. I dont know if we will insert a buy back clause or not, but if hes highly rated bu Wenger then he shoudl put one in.