Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

It is telling that you have to go back that far to name examples' date=' man.[/quote']

It might be, but it's still relevant, considering that they're still part of the best defenders to have ever played the game, at least in my opinion.

the irony of a man who virtually copies blatter word for word calling somebody else simple is quite something.

Not gonna lie, but I'm seriously doubting your mental state. Are you mentally challenged by any chance? Because that would definitely help me in the way I react to your posts in the future.

Not gonna lie' date=' but I'm seriously doubting your mental state. Are you mentally challenged by any chance? Because that would definitely help me in the way I react to your posts in the future.[/quote']

im not even doubting your mental state, a man who agrees entirely with blatter can only ever be backwards, or retarded for want of a better word.

anyway feel free to PM me if you have a reply to this or any more blatter esque comments on how racism should be ignored etc.

Don't forget Mihajlovic! :P Also I take it that means we shouldn't buy Agger...

Vermaelen one of the worst Arsenal players in the last 10 years? Err lets see of the top of my head:

Almunia, Eboue, Senderos, Djourou, Denilson, Bendtner, Baptista, Squillaci and many more.

Anyone with a half a brain cell knows Vermaelen doesn't belong in this category.

In other words, he WAS a top class defender before his injury. He's just average now. But who's to say with a run of games he can't regain some of his form?

I have no clue how did Vermaelen become the captain. Koscielny' date=' Arteta and Mertesacker would be a better choice.[/quote']

Arteta and Per had only been there for 1 season when RVP departed. Key midfielders were young like wilshere and Ramsey and walcott is no captain. Szczney also kind of new. The only real alternative to Vermaelan Was probably Sagna, or Maybe Koscielny.

I would like to see Captaincy passed to Per, who is a towering general of a man and very vocal, before being passed on to Ramsey in 2-3 years if he keeps performing and is still here!

Sky sources: Man Utd end interest in Arsenal Thomas Vermaelen after refusing to consider swap deal.

Edit: Well that escalated quickly, According to BBC anyway The fee is agreed Verma's off to Barca for 15M :)

Edit 2: (Besiktas) First leg away from home :)

Sky sources: Man Utd end interest in Arsenal Thomas Vermaelen after refusing to consider swap deal.

Edit: Well that escalated quickly' date=' According to BBC anyway The fee is agreed Verma's off to Barca for 15M :)[/quote']

15 mil? that is as close as stupid money for David Luiz

Edit: Well that escalated quickly' date=' According to BBC anyway The fee is agreed Verma's off to Barca for 15M :)

Edit 2: (Besiktas) First leg away from home :)[/quote']

Did think when you mentioned United ending their interest that it meant Barca had agreed a fee. That way United aren't beaten to him, they pulled out :P

Dunno about you getting Nastasic. Don't really see why City would sell him. And who would they replace him with?

Mangala?

Can't see why City would sell him. He was injured last season but showed some promise when he has played.

£15m for TV is a great deal for you. He's not going to come close to breaking up Mert and Kos. Also the lack of playing time last season it would have been cruel to keep him sidelined when a club like Barca come calling.

Dunno about you getting Nastasic. Don't really see why City would sell him. And who would they replace him with?

Mangala for 35m is who they will be buying and this frees up Nastasic as Manchester City can't register more then 21 players I believe so Nastasic will be out in the cold.

I read the other day that he will be available to the highest bidder when Mangala signs.

Man City better return the favour and sell us someone :P Anyway, good deal for Vermaelen, it was always gonna happen. We shouldnt be too low on options if we invest all that back into another Rojo would be my second pick, but I would prefer Nastasic, however, we would need to be really good with the negotiating there. Also BFG to be new captain I hope!

Forgot about Mangala. Still' date=' surely they'd sell Richards ahead of Nastasic?[/quote']

definitely in an ideal world, nastasic is injury prone but richards is far, far worse.

i think city may struggle to sell players like richards though.

they are on high wages and clubs not really able to pay them can make it difficult to shift players on if they don't actually want to leave.

so they might need to sell their better players first and just let other players leave on frees or loans if that makes sense?

Wenger finally refusing to sell to a rival, times-a-changing boys.

EDIT - oh and if you watched Wenger's press conference, we've almost definitely got someone close to signing, he himself said he doesn't know whether it'll happen before or after Sunday, but more than likely it'll be after.

And... We're being linked with Reus, here we go again...

Forgot about Mangala. Still' date=' surely they'd sell Richards ahead of Nastasic?[/quote']

Comes down to the british and foriegn rule I think, Richards counts as a homegrown player whereas Nastasic doesnt.

It'll be a longshot but he is my ideal choice on who Arsenal should chase.