Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Chambers man of the match. very smart player is only 19 years old can read the game very well.

debuchy solid in defense. sanchez decent game but his decision making in three occasion was a bit sloppy overall very happy with the team performance.

Ramsey and gibbs had a very good game aswell

debuchy solid in defense. sanchez decent game but his decision making in three occasion was a bit sloppy overall

Needs to improve on decision making but I think his presence alone gives teams something to think about and allows other players to get involved.

Making chambers 3rd cb would be great for his development but I still want a fourth cb. Chambers has been well worth the money so far. So proud of the lads.

I will put my hands up and I say I was annoyed when we sign 19 years old kid for 16 million but after the last 3 games I have to say am eating my own words. he so calm and a very smart player doesn't even panic at all. solid in the tackles and good in the air now l see why Wenger avoided having to wait until next season because he will have cost at least 28 million by then :D

Isn't that Miquel?

No love for Miqqey anymore?

I'm one of his biggest fans but I'm sad to say he won't make it. He's nearly 22 and still nowhere near PL quality. I mean look at how Chambers has performed in his first few games. He's not even close to him.

Wish TV all the best at Barca. Has gone with great dignity (Unlike some of our players). Never complained, never forced a transfer. We got an awesome fee for him and I can see him doing well for them.

Mertersacker looks the most likely captain, or Ramsey. Think the BFG deserves it as hes the vocal one and gets players in positions for set peices etc.

As for today. We looked really quick and everyone seems to be fully fit for next week unlike the City side. Chambers deserved MOM (How on earth did Giroud win it lol). The bench looked really strong and still have the 3 Germans and Walcott to return. Should be a really good season for us.

Wish TV all the best at Barca. Has gone with great dignity (Unlike some of our players). Never complained' date=' never forced a transfer. We got an awesome fee for him and I can see him doing well for them.

Mertersacker looks the most likely captain, or Ramsey. Think the BFG deserves it as hes the vocal one and gets players in positions for set peices etc.

As for today. We looked really quick and everyone seems to be fully fit for next week unlike the City side. Chambers deserved MOM (How on earth did Giroud win it lol). The bench looked really strong and still have the 3 Germans and Walcott to return. Should be a really good season for us.[/quote']

Arteta is captain.

Merte is Vice.

Is that been confirmed?

Crazy if so. I know hes vice captain last season but BGF such a better leader.

Unfortunately yes it is, Don't think we'll be getting a midfielder now in ahead of him.

Wenger talked about bringing in a player that's versatile, Ahmed Faty I bet :/

I'm one of his biggest fans but I'm sad to say he won't make it. He's nearly 22 and still nowhere near PL quality. I mean look at how Chambers has performed in his first few games. He's not even close to him.

Loving being proved right about Chambers so far!

Miquel will be a nearly man like Eisfield, expecting Miquel to have season long loan with perm deal, or will just be released and play for Valladoid or someone.

Gibbs has the number 3 shirt! Might be a small thing but I bet it is a confidence creator.

Hoping for one more CB/DM, Khedira is the dream!

Great day out at Wembley yesterday and enjoyed the game.

City fans couldn't muster up 1 song the whole game and the top tier was virtually empty, Considering the money went to charitys this did annoy me.

They could have shifted City round a bit more and sold the 15k unsold tickets to Arsenal fans.

Chambers stood out for me barring one mistimed backpass, he read the game really well for a 19 year old lad and looks promising for the season ahead.

Debuchy had a good game too, not as good going forward but he put in a couple of great tackles and blocks and that's what we need a RB who can actually defend well.

Sanchez was lively in the 45 minute cameo and although his decision making wasn't the best that will come in a few games, his pace scared City and he linked up well with Debuchy down the right.

Cazorla was back to his old self yesterday so I'm not sure what his attitude in Emirates Cup was all about.

Ramsey again stood out and if he can stay fit then he can lead us forward this season.

Still got the Germans and Theo to come back in too, plenty of positives for the new season ahead.