Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Would you have paid £100 on travel and potentially £150 on a hotel to watch a friendly? With the ticket and food factored in' date=' City fans in Manchester were looking at a possible £200 trip (and more with family). Wembley's about as neutral as the Emirates. I'm sure the ratios would have been the other way round had Old Trafford been the 'neutral' ground.[/quote']

It's a fair point.

Would you have paid £100 on travel and potentially £150 on a hotel to watch a friendly? With the ticket and food factored in' date=' City fans in Manchester were looking at a possible £200 trip (and more with family). Wembley's about as neutral as the Emirates. I'm sure the ratios would have been the other way round had Old Trafford been the 'neutral' ground.[/quote']

Both Wigan and United managed to find their way last year in numbers though...

Another CB is needed after selling Verm. Chambers can cover' date=' but he is also cover for RB. Another youth option is Schar might be good, patient enough to be backup and wait for their chance, as our main pairing age.[/quote']

Think Wenger sees Chambers mainly as a left back and Bellerin the cover at right back. We clearly need a CB though, way too short at the back. Wenger will most probably turn Monreal into a CB now.

It was more the fact the FA didn't step in and sell the tickets on as all the money went to Charity's.

It's annoying to see 15k of empty seats when they could so easily had bums filling them.

It wasn't a dig at City more to do with the FA.

My point about City is they didn't sing one song :)

a skeptical man could say that united have a majority of their fans in london or the surrounding areas anyway......

Not necessarily a majority' date=' but certainly enough to fill a Wembley allocation. And a day at Wembley for a Wigan fan is a much rarer occurrence than for a City fan.

It was more the fact the FA didn't step in and sell the tickets on as all the money went to Charity's.

It's annoying to see 15k of empty seats when they could so easily had bums filling them.

It wasn't a dig at City more to do with the FA.

My point about City is they didn't sing one song :)

That's again answered by my point. The people that tend to make the noise at City (and most clubs) are the more working class men who perhaps can't afford a ridiculous day out. More of our tickets will have gone to day trippers and families who are less noisy.

That, and the team on the day obviously didn't give a crap about the game.

That' date=' and the team on the day obviously didn't give a crap about the game.[/quote']

City dominated and were unlucky not to score 3/4, For once we didn't implode (Probably would have if you scored first or at 2-0 but once it was 3-0 then....... your team decided not to give a crap ;)

We defended well and saying they (City) didn't give a crap is a little insulting.

Not necessarily a majority' date=' but certainly enough to fill a Wembley allocation. And a day at Wembley for a Wigan fan is a much rarer occurrence than for a City fan.

That's again answered by my point. The people that tend to make the noise at City (and most clubs) are the more working class men who perhaps can't afford a ridiculous day out. More of our tickets will have gone to day trippers and families who are less noisy.

That, and the team on the day obviously didn't give a crap about the game.[/quote']

You also have to factor in people might be saving for upcoming European games.

Arsenal had great youth sides in the back end of the last decade,but how many are in the squad now guys? Just an Arsenal fan was saying how hardly any Chelsea players make it to their first team(he is correct ofcourse),but it has harder for players to make it at the likes of Chelsea,Arsenal,Man U etc,compared to say Southampton or Aston Villa.But at the same time,I said to him,not too many have made it at Arsenal in recent years either.At present,would I be correct in saying just Wilshere??

In the last decade, I can only remember Cole who isnt here right now, but currently we have Gibbs and Wilshere who came here before they were 16 and now in the main team. Our youth system is okay but its obviously not up to scratch against the likes of Southampton and Barcelona.

City dominated and were unlucky not to score 3/4' date=' For once we didn't implode (Probably would have if you scored first or at 2-0 but once it was 3-0 then....... your team decided not to give a crap ;)

We defended well and saying they (City) didn't give a crap is a little insulting.[/quote']

I disagree. We had a fair bit of possession but never really created any chances. Looked much better for the first 15 minutes or so of the second half when Silva came on.

You did defend, and play, very well but that was largely your first team whereas we had a lot of backups playing (particularly in defence) and our key players (Yaya and Dzeko) were clearly using the game for fitness.

Taking nothing away from Arsenal - you played very well - but the Arsenal team yesterday performed to a similar level as what I'd expect in the league whereas City were well below par.

In the last decade' date=' I can only remember Cole who isnt here right now, but currently we have Gibbs and Wilshere who came here before they were 16 and now in the main team. Our youth system is okay but its obviously not up to scratch against the likes of Southampton and Barcelona.[/quote']

Yes,but it is easier for Southampton to promote players.Remember a lot of their products came through while they were in the lower leagues.

I disagree. We had a fair bit of possession but never really created any chances. Looked much better for the first 15 minutes or so of the second half when Silva came on.

You did defend' date=' and play, very well but that was largely your first team whereas we had a lot of backups playing (particularly in defence) and our key players (Yaya and Dzeko) were clearly using the game for fitness.

Taking nothing away from Arsenal - you played very well - but the Arsenal team yesterday performed to a similar level as what I'd expect in the league whereas City were well below par.[/quote']

To be fair it is a glorified friendly,so I wouldn't be worried(if City fan) or too excited(if I was an Arsenal fan)

My view on the current Arsenal team is not good enough to win the Premier league. probably top 4 again. we need at least two more signing or someone that can cover both CDM/CB position. I was so worried when we used monreal as CB on sunday but he did ok but I don't want to see that happen again also the striker position everyone is quiet after that giroud goal haha

So many option for us maybe a little over the top but here my list

Agger injury prone but great cover since barca won't sign him now but would liverpool sell him to us??

William Carvalho young player big price I believe this guy can play both CDM and CB but with arteta and flamini would wenger want to buy him??

Hummels Too far.....

Godin Too good.....

Natasic Too Young..... (chambers)

Kostas manolas Too......ok need to find out about him

Benedikt Höwedes Too slow... (per Mertasacker)

Khedira Too.........:P nah I want khedira to join us :D