Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

I dont think we should try and convert to many players to positions they arent familiar with. Chambers seems to be an absolute blessing to us, he works well, but we cant risk it with too many players. We should get someone really familiar with CB and DM, like Mascherano for example.

but he has what it takes to play as centre back. strong' date=' good air and good tackling. so I don't see why he wouldn't be decent back up Centre Back[/quote']

Not at all, he is in fact tall and strong but his DNA is not CB. He is better with the ball on his feet and in the midfield forward runs, he's best game arises when highly pressured in midflield and manages to find the best pass. He is the perfect midfielder but not a CB I believe.

Song anyone? His Barca days are over with Rakitic coming and Rafinha joining the first team now

Hmm not for me thanks, never really liked Song he is very much like Vermaelen way to clumsy in defensive covering and a bit to reckless in tackling. Albeit he was very good in possession

Song anyone? His Barca days are over with Rakitic coming and Rafinha joining the first team now

I think the way he left, Wenger wouldnt re buy him.

He was decent for us (Mainly his last season with assists) but hes nothing special. Goes forward too often for a DM.

William Carvalho young player big price I believe this guy can play both CDM and CB but with arteta and flamini would wenger want to buy him??

Arteta is captain which probably hits the nail on the head here that we don't plan to bring in a player that will play consistently unless we play Arteta & New DM' but that would mean freezing out one of Ramsey/Ozil and will that really happen? No.

Bellerin is faster than Theo? I didn;t know the kid had pace. What's his position?

There's a reason why I was so annoyed with us signing chambers at first, Bellerin is the best thing since sliced bread.

We'll probably lose Bellerin though with Chambers in even if he's a future CB, Debuchy out you'll probably see chambers shifted there.

If someone told be me we'd bring in chambers as bit part for CB and RB, Lose Bellerin and Loan Jenkinson I'd go absolutely crazy. Jenkinson > Chambers at RB any day. Bellerin isn't gone yet but I give it a year, Don't think wenger will give him a chance.

Song is the only player in the world who gets picked to play DM, CM, AM, second striker, left winger and right back for one game. The bloke is a complete half wit with no discipline. Anyone wanting him back should be slapped til half dead.

Arteta is captain which probably hits the nail on the head here that we don't plan to bring in a player that will play consistently unless we play Arteta & New DM' but that would mean freezing out one of Ramsey/Ozil and will that really happen? No.

So was Vermaelen ;)

Would you have paid £100 on travel and potentially £150 on a hotel to watch a friendly? With the ticket and food factored in' date=' City fans in Manchester were looking at a possible £200 trip (and more with family). [b']Wembley's about as neutral as the Emirates.[/b] I'm sure the ratios would have been the other way round had Old Trafford been the 'neutral' ground.

Not our fault the National stadium is in our City.

Arsenal had great youth sides in the back end of the last decade' date='but how many are in the squad now guys?[/b'] Just an Arsenal fan was saying how hardly any Chelsea players make it to their first team(he is correct ofcourse),but it has harder for players to make it at the likes of Chelsea,Arsenal,Man U etc,compared to say Southampton or Aston Villa.But at the same time,I said to him,not too many have made it at Arsenal in recent years either.At present,would I be correct in saying just Wilshere??

I'm not sure what answer you're looking for with a question like that.

First teamers from the academy are Wilshere and Gibbs.

Nicklas Bendtner used to score 20 goals a season in our youth sides, playing with Johan Djourou, Seb Larsson, Anthony Stokes and Fabrice Muamba.

We produce loads of premier league and International players but it only makes sense keeping players with potential to be World Class or top class.

Currently our squad has loads of youth players in it: Martinez, Coqeulin, Zelalem, Gnabry and Miaichi.

We've got a handful of promising stars in the academy and some youths on loan too. I think we do give our youth a chance but not all of them can make it.

Vermaelen was Captain from the bench.

There's a reason why I was so annoyed with us signing chambers at first' date=' Bellerin is the best thing since sliced bread.

[b']We'll probably lose Bellerin though with Chambers in even if he's a future CB, Debuchy out you'll probably see chambers shifted there.

If someone told be me we'd bring in chambers as bit part for CB and RB, Lose Bellerin and Loan Jenkinson I'd go absolutely crazy. Jenkinson > Chambers at RB any day. Bellerin isn't gone yet but I give it a year, Don't think wenger will give him a chance.

You're getting carried away mate, relax.

The fact Wenger Shipped out Jenkinson and is playing Chambers in other positions means he sees Bellerin as being able to cover RB.

Yet when fit couldn't get a game at CB

He's never fit, available yes but he's not fit to play as a defender or play at all for that matter.

Wenger is very fond of Arteta, If he gets dropped and we bring someone in this window to play every week I shall clap.

Not our fault the National stadium is in our City.

I know, but you still shouldn't use it as a stick to beat City fans with. I've also heard that there were no trains from Manchester to London last weekend, which makes travel exceptionally difficult.

That youth team post got me thinking about an ex Arsenal youth 11.

You guys think this team could avoid relegation?

Bendtner

Bentley Larsson Stokes

Sidwell Song

Traore Bartley Djourou Hoyte

Mannone

Subs: Taylor (Stuart)' date=' Cole, Upson, Muamba, Lansbury, Owusu-Abeyie[/quote']

No terrible side

Bendtner

Bentley Larsson Stokes

Sidwell Song

Mannone

Subs: Taylor (Stuart)' date=' Cole, Upson, Muamba, Lansbury, Owusu-Abeyie[/quote']

nope, that is truly an awful line-up :o

Bendtner

Bentley Larsson Stokes

Sidwell Song

Mannone

Where is Fabregas?

Bendtner

Bentley Larsson Stokes

Sidwell Song

Mannone

Why is Cole on the bench? He is by far the best player out of all the ones you mentioned. Also that team would probably get relegated.