Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

According to NBC pundit Robbie Earle' date=' Arsenal’s failure to replace Johan Djourou last season cost them the Premier League title last season.

[url']http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/14/premier-league-preview-nbc-pundits?commentpage=1[/url]

What the?! :confused: How on earth do these idiots become pundits?! :o

What? I'm utterly baffled that he came to such a clearly uninformed conclusion.....

Before anyone else says anything about Sanchez it was his FIRST GAME in the PL lol. It wasnt a fantastic performance from him but he did show glimpes of lovely movement , fast feet and a lot of tricks. His crossing was a bit poor but he did get one good cross which we scored. Im eagerly looking forward to watching him more.

Monreal did well when he came on , Chambers was excellent and really could fight Mert hard for a starting place straight away.

It was a poor performance but we got 3 points lets just take that. Im very pleased :)

Diabolical performance. Sanchez needs to up his game as well.

The main thing as always is the points, you didn't play well at all but it is still a good sign when you play badly and win, although Palace had next to no ambition.

I agree I thought Sanchez was quite poor today, Carzola was by far your worst player today though.

Debuchy was a decent outlet today and I don't care what people may say about Giroud but how he can't start in front of Sanogo is beyond baffling if it was not a fitness/injury issue.

onwards and upwards.

The main thing as always is the points' date=' you didn't play well at all but it is still a good sign when you play badly and win, although Palace had next to no ambition.

I agree I thought Sanchez was quite poor today, Carzola was by far your worst player today though.

Debuchy was a decent outlet today and I don't care what people may say about Giroud but how he can't start in front of Sanogo is beyond baffling if it was not a fitness/injury issue.

onwards and upwards.[/quote']

Cazorla was pretty terrible to be honest.

Im not sure but I think Giroud wasnt 100% to start, but if he was fit enough and Wenger chose Sanogo, its down to the preseason hype more than anything. I think it fooled some of us to be honest, but even I said lets wait until he plays against top opposition again.

Our striker situation is probably just as dire as last season to be honest, we've got no experienced natural strikers at all behind Giroud. I cant see Sanchez playing central now either, but if he does I guess it does make our upfront force a bit stronger. I think he'll settle at the left wing when Walcott returns though.

Think most teams in the prem have a better main striker than Sanogo.

Awful player' date='but Wenger being Wenger will still select him.

Decent win today while not playing well,can only get better.[/quote']

Can't defend Sanogo even if I tried to, I honestly can't see any potential in him. He can't hold up play, can't even dribble, his pace is just slightly quicker than Giroud and he can't even dribble for god sake.

However, I really liked the way Debuchy play. While he is not as good as Sagna in defending, his crossing ability is much more consistent and he bring much more danger to our attacking side.

Can't defend Sanogo even if I tried to' date=' I honestly can't see any potential in him. He can't hold up play, can't even dribble, his pace is just slightly quicker than Giroud and he can't even dribble for god sake.

[b']However, I really liked the way Debuchy play. While he is not as good as Sagna in defending, his crossing ability is much more consistent and he bring much more danger to our attacking side.[/b]

True, but this is against Crystal Palace though.

I wouldn't really encourage such forward play for a full-back if I was Wenger. It's almost like a bad habit for defenders to spend most of their time playing as a winger, and Wenger would be a madman not to rectify that, as Debuchy risks being completely skinned against stronger opposition.

Besides, what's the point of making the full-backs rush forward so much when playing with (on paper) 4 attacking-minded players?