• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Come on Gunners at least get the 2-2

RVP playing as if he never got injured. Can you imagine if he actually was fit all season? :(

EDIT: And Silvestre giving the ball away again, realistically the game will end 2-1 and so will our title hopes (barring a spectacular Chelsea meltdown). Looking to the future, when will Djourou get back? We need a good backup CB or a new great one outright should Gallas leave. And at least I'm happy RVP is back.

Feel free to send them on loan to Hillsborough.

if i was manager i would give both of em away to any1. :mad: ' date=' Wenger got 45m to spend in the summer , i dont see him spending over 10m , in fact u will be lucky if he buys a experienced player , he will probably buy a player thats like 16 lol , "[b'] Arsene Wenger Drives Past a youth club and see's a young person passing good and signs him " lol?[/b]

.Fabregas- Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a 99% chance that Chamakh will come to us as a free this summer? especially if Bordeaux don't win the league (likely) or the CL (also likely) He'll add an extra dimension in the attack, and also provide cover once the inevitable injuries strike (watch out, Chiellini.)

Regarding the 45 mil., the stories every summer is the same- Wenger has X amount to spend and Fabregas is going to Barca. I don't think Fab will go but Wenger should at least try to buy a decent midfielder to supplement the on-off Diaby, the atrocious Eboue, and the fast fading Rosicky.. Felipe Melo has been linked to us this summer.. could he revitalize himself here?

Rosicky was the guy who frustrated me more than Eboue. His shots from distance were awful, almost hitting corner flags. Hes a tidy player, but since the injuries hes lost something.

v.Persie looked so good when he played. Just image what we could have achieved if he was fit all season.

Always next season boys :) In Arsene We Trust as they say.

v.Persie looked so good when he played. Just image what we could have achieved if he was fit all season.

Yeah, I think that's what all of us are wondering- we could have avoided those humiliating defeats against Chelsea/Man U and could even have been top of the table.

But as you said, always next year. Arsene should replenish our squad- and please, let Silvestre, Fabianski, and Eduardo (if Chamakh comes) go.

.Fabregas- Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a 99% chance that Chamakh will come to us as a free this summer? especially if Bordeaux don't win the league (likely) or the CL (also likely) He'll add an extra dimension in the attack' date=' and also provide cover once the inevitable injuries strike (watch out, Chiellini.)

[/quote']

I would have thought Bordeaux not winning the Champions league may be more than likely considering they are out :P (sorry couldn't resist :o)

As for the signings alot of Arsenal fans are talking about, I'd suggest the best signings Arsene could make this summer is ensuring your current star players sign on for the foreseeable future. There is no doubt in my mind that the current crop is not far off and I'd rather Arsene worked on getting the likes of Fabregas, Van Persie etc to commit there futures in the first instant. Other signings to bulk up the squad should come later

Realistically we need The Psyhical ( spelling ) Yaya Toure , then we could just leave Toure at DM and let Diaby and Fabregas go forward or even get another player to replace diaby aswell but doubt it , i really think we need to buy atleast 3-4 players , Get Rid of Denilson , Eboue Free , Silvestre , Almunia ,

when a cb is injured i really think Sagna should have a try at Cb , cos tbh silvestre is no good and i think Sagna could do the job there considering hes a rb .

Realistically we need The Psyhical ( spelling ) Yaya Toure ' date=' then we could just leave Toure at DM and let Diaby and Fabregas go forward or even get another player to replace diaby aswell but doubt it , i really think we need to buy atleast 3-4 players , Get Rid of Denilson , Eboue Free , Silvestre , Almunia ,

when a cb is injured i really think Sagna should have a try at Cb , cos tbh silvestre is no good and i think Sagna could do the job there considering hes a rb .

You're forgetting about Song. He is more than good enough at DM for us. Wenger will not leave him out now after the great progress he has made. Nor will he sell Denilson. Denilson has the prospect to be a great player, No way we should sell him.

Lets be realistic, no way will Wenger be buying a lot of players in the summer. He will buy a few much needed centre backs if Gallas decides to go. We need to replace Silvestre and Campbell (If he goes). No way will Wenger buy another midfielder, unless Cesc is sold. Chamakh coming for free in the summer too. That'll be Wenger's purchases in the summer in my opinion.

You're forgetting about Song. He is more than good enough at DM for us. Wenger will not leave him out now after the great progress he has made. Nor will he sell Denilson. Denilson has the prospect to be a great player' date=' No way we should sell him.

Lets be realistic, no way will Wenger be buying a lot of players in the summer. He will buy a few much needed centre backs if Gallas decides to go. We need to replace Silvestre and Campbell (If he goes). No way will Wenger buy another midfielder, unless Cesc is sold. Chamakh coming for free in the summer too. That'll be Wenger's purchases in the summer in my opinion.[/quote']

Do you think fabregas will think about leaving now that your title chances have slimmed?

Do you think fabregas will think about leaving now that your title chances have slimmed?

Yeah I do, Even though I really hope not. When we played Barcelona and were slaughtered off the pitch at the emirates, It just looked like Cesc was ready to move on. I can't see him staying after a 5th straight trophyless season. Especially if Barca win the Champions league I think he'll see what he could be doing there.

Yeah I do' date=' Even though I really hope not. When we played Barcelona and were slaughtered off the pitch at the emirates, It just looked like Cesc was ready to move on. I can't see him staying after a 5th straight trophyless season. Especially if Barca win the Champions league I think he'll see what he could be doing there.[/quote']

i really hope he doesnt leave because the premier league needs to keep the best talent (although i may feel differently next year when we play you:o)

i really hope he doesnt leave because the premier league needs to keep the best talent (although i may feel differently next year when we play you:o)

Yeah its sad but the la Liga is slowely taking over, especially if Cesc goes to Barca. I will always hold the premier league as the best league in the World, Spain is too full of that diving molarky and Italy's average age is increasing all the time.

You know what we need, a Kevin Nolan.

Na I joke, Just incase you thought I was serious :D:p

Yeah its sad but the la Liga is slowely taking over' date=' especially if Cesc goes to Barca. I will always hold the premier league as the best league in the World, Spain is too full of that diving molarky and Italy's average age is increasing all the time.

You know what we need, a Kevin Nolan.

Na I joke, Just incase you thought I was serious :D:p[/quote']

deal of the century stuff just dont exchange for eboue;)

I don't think it has helped Arsenal's chances of keeping Fabregas when the chairman comes out to say Fabregas won't leave because he wouldn't get into the Barcelona team (or words to that extent). Hardly a complimentary stance for the top man at your club (or for the current Arsenal squad for that matter). Maybe his wording has been taken out of context (haven't seen the interview)' date=' but it was certainly not a good time to suggest anything resembling that. The media are all over it today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1266083/Barcelona-wont-buy-Cesc-Fabregas--hes-good-insists-Arsenal-chairman-Peter-Hill-Wood.html

I don't think it has helped Arsenal's chances of keeping Fabregas when the chairman comes out to say Fabregas won't leave because he wouldn't get into the Barcelona team (or words to that extent). Hardly a complimentary stance for the top man at your club (or for the current Arsenal squad for that matter). Maybe his wording has been taken out of context (haven't seen the interview)' date=' but it was certainly not a good time to suggest anything resembling that. The media are all over it today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1266083/Barcelona-wont-buy-Cesc-Fabregas--hes-good-insists-Arsenal-chairman-Peter-Hill-Wood.html

If he cant get ahead of Xavi or Iniesta in the Spainish team, then he wont get in the Barcelona team (Unless they play Iniesta as a striker, which would take Pedros place).

I think Fab will stay one more year, and depending how we do next season will determine if he moves. He owes alot to Wenger, and doesnt seem the kind of guy that just walks away.