Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Will be happy with a point tomorrow' date=' Saying that Barkley has been the best player on the pitch the last couple of games we have played against them and he is missing.

Scoredraw I reckon.[/quote']

Got the scoredraw right and yes I am very happy with a point.

9/10 times we would lose that game today, shocking start to the season performance wise since the Community Shield.

Need to improve ahead of Besiktas Wednesday.

I thought we were comfortably the better team without playing 'well' as such. I'd quite readily beat Steven Naismith with a golf club and the referee was awful beyond belief. If we were Chelsea, neither of those goals would have happened as decisions would have gone the other way. This is an irrefutable fact. Szczesny's failed to learn anything and Wilshere is still irrelevant. And whatever Wenger's thinking was to play Mertesacker on the left side of central defence i.e next to Monreal. We must have had the slowest half a side of a defence in the history of football. I thought we were reasonably fluent offensively, and this with a completely useless central midfield pairing, and Everton didn't do much to hurt a patched up defence when they weren't being gifted goals. Overall, despite my whinging, a good result and good to get this game out the way.

you know what l find funny.

When Chelsea' date=' City, Liverpool or Man United ( when Ferguson was in charge) get a win or a draw by having a bad game you know what they say " Sign of a champions"

When Arsenal have a bad game and get a draw or a win they say "Lucky"[/quote']

Because any of the aforementioned teams dont use the same tactics against the top 4 sides and get trashed.

When Chelsea' date=' City, Liverpool or Man United ( when Ferguson was in charge) get a win or a draw by having a bad game you know what they say " Sign of a champions"

Never heard that said about Liverpool, but it's for good reason too. Chelsea City and United dug themselves out of the hole on regular basis and actually won the league hence "sign of the champions" When Arsenal produces comebacks like such more often and actually win the title it will be the same case for you too no doubt but for now it really ain't so

Before anyone tries to be smart and tell me Arsenal won the league blah blah, I'm talking about recent times

Never heard that said about Liverpool' date=' but it's for good reason too. Chelsea City and United dug themselves out of the hole on regular basis and actually won the league hence "sign of the champions" When Arsenal produces comebacks like such more often and actually win the title it will be the same case for you too no doubt but for now it really ain't so

Before anyone tries to be smart and tell me Arsenal won the league blah blah, I'm talking about recent times[/quote']

You do know that Arsenal have won the league in before anti banter idiots

To be honest,i can't see Sanchez will success in lone striker role. He simply need partner if he play further forward, like with Vargas for Chile or with Di Natale for Udinese. Giroud goal may stop Wenger to buy another striker though so it's good for other clubs:D

Early to say, but Scholes comment about Wiltshere may be coming true .

So many games pass him by.

When does potential turn into promise?

Ps said this last season mertsacker turns like a combine harvester,and is getting worse.

Early to say' date=' but Scholes comment about Wiltshere may be coming true .

Ps said this last season mertsacker turns like a combine harvester,and is getting worse.[/quote']

Wilshere certainly has the potential but he need to start stepping up his game. It's kinda sick watching him attempting the same thing repeatedly and moaning at the floor like a baby. To be honest, most Arsenal fans are extremely frustrated with his attitude and his unfulfilled potential. However, I will still back him up like I did with Ramsey.

Wilshere certainly has the potential but he need to start stepping up his game. It's kinda sick watching him attempting the same thing repeatedly and moaning at the floor like a baby. To be honest' date=' most Arsenal fans are extremely frustrated with his attitude and his unfulfilled potential. However, I will still back him up like I did with Ramsey.[/quote']

Agreed, but how many chances do you give him?

Ramsey is probably the best mid at the moment in terms of scoring .not to sure about his performance but goals count.

Haven't seen enough of arsenal but Ramsey has developed into the player Wiltshere should/could have been.

May be wrong but all Wiltshere does is complain about getting tackled,and launching reckless tackles himself,quite embarrassing to watch.

Agreed' date=' but how many chances do you give him?

Ramsey is probably the best mid at the moment in terms of scoring .not to sure about his performance but goals count.

Haven't seen enough of arsenal but Ramsey has developed into the player Wiltshere should/could have been.

May be wrong but all Wiltshere does is complain about getting tackled,and launching reckless tackles himself,quite embarrassing to watch.[/quote']

Well, it's Wenger. Just look at Diaby, the most perfect example.

Early to say' date=' but Scholes comment about Wiltshere may be coming true .

Ps said this last season mertsacker turns like a combine harvester,and is getting worse.[/quote']

To be honest he is another in a long long line of overrated English players.Ramsey is a better player and no way would people have said that a few years back.Wilshere was always the golden boy.Probably helps Ramsey that he is not English.Would get even more attention if he was..

Also Wilshere was lucky not to be sent off yesterday.

The media hate Arsenal and, in particular, Wenger. They see him as the reason for England's dismal performances at World Cups. It was him that really triggered the foreign influx into the Premier league. The English media are full of nationalistic, bigoted morons. The Invincibles were never given the respect they deserved so i fail to see why it would start now.The media are always looking to invent cases of racism whilst ignoring the fact it's going on in the back pages or being spouted on BT or Match of the day.

The media hate Arsenal and' date=' in particular, Wenger. They see him as the reason for England's dismal performances at World Cups. It was him that really triggered the foreign influx into the Premier league. The English media are full of nationalistic, bigoted morons. The Invincibles were never given the respect they deserved so i fail to see why it would start now.The media are always looking to invent cases of racism whilst ignoring the fact it's going on in the back pages or being spouted on BT or Match of the day.[/quote']

Should have heard what Tony Gale said in The Chelsea game yesterday....

it looks like William Carvalho is the only decent option left for us to sign. I didn't see him yesterday in sporting lisbon team which nani nearly cost them by missing a penalty :P. don't know whether is injured or still on holiday

He's certainly not on holiday, played last week I think.

Talk of interest from Chelsea too.

Do tell .

I remember hearing one commentator talk about Konchesky getting fouled and just hopping around a little bit shaking it off. Basically said "lets just say if he wasn't English he'd be rolling around on the floor" or something like that. Should be out of a job.

I remember hearing one commentator talk about Konchesky getting fouled and just hopping around a little bit shaking it off. Basically said "lets just say if he wasn't English he'd be rolling around on the floor" or something like that. Should be out of a job.

Sounds like Tony Gale. He is a complete and total moron. As i say, there's a nasty undercurrent of racism in the media that gets whitewashed.

Sounds like Tony Gale. He is a complete and total moron. As i say' date=' there's a nasty undercurrent of racism in the media that gets whitewashed.[/quote']

Oh I agree,cannot stand him.Funny thing is Konchesky wasn't touched either,yet Schmeichal took Schurrle out of it(he's not English ofcourse),,but Schurrle didn't roll around.I would say his comment was racist,he had a chuckle as he said it to attempt to soften what he was actually saying..

Tbh there is an element of truth about it. It's not part of our footballing culture' date=' whereas it is more a part of South American and Iberian countries, for example. Particularly in South America where it's accepted as part of the game[/quote']

Really? I see plenty of South American footballers who don't dive. I see plenty of British footballers who dive.