Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Lotta reports saying Manolas has agreed terms with Roma' date=' but there's plenty of quotes from his agent saying there's been no contact. Typical silly season paper gash.

Still need a CB & DM. Striker too of course but IMO Wenger won't pony up. We should sign a defender but I could see that (sadly) being the last business we do barring shipping off Poldi.[/quote']

Giroud could be out for a while so a striker is a must really, probably end up with some useless bloke on loan.

Kinda find it funny how everyone thinks Giroud is a donkey and useless but now he's injured you're in complete turmoil :confused:

Agreed. No matter what people think of Giroud he is there best option up front out of what little they have. Sanogo isn't good enough yet' date=' 4 goals in pre season seem to have provoked the inevitable over reaction, and Sanchez doesn't look up to being the focal man up top in the premier league.

Is Falcao still available on loan from Monaco?

I know his wages are high but he would fit in well...

Think Remy may well be the striker we sign though.

Monaco wanted something ridiculous like a £10 million loan fee. I'd be amazed if you signed Falcao.

the dream for most of the fake Arsenal fans that don't respect or appreciate their own players. which was...

arteta injured so we can sign someone better

Giroud injured so we can sign someone better

but guess what we wont sign anybody! after tomorrow game people will realize how vital giroud is for us

pointless post, anyone with a brain can tell when you only have one striker he will be vital

Tbf to Podolski he's netted 2 in 5 on average in the league and they've mostly come from the wing.

Not the worst option to stick up front while Giroud's out given how he goes missing when he needs to defend (or sticks the boot it...). Of course we could sign a forward who won't merely be a stop gap 'til Giroud's back, but then I remember who I support and do a big hearty lol.

At least stick Poldi there over Sanogoals.

Podolski would be better over Sanogo but we could also go for Joel upfront.

It would be good to blood Joel but IMO Poldi's more likely to net the goals.

E: lmao - Wenger acknowledged that we need (or at least that he was after) a world class striker when he bid for Suarez and Higuain last year and since then he's relied on Giroud and Sanogo... Never gonna happen but if ever there was a time to sign a Falcao or a Higuain...

Who am I kidding, we'll get an injury crisis and we'll bring back Lord B52 in January :P

What about Podolski??

I wouldnt start him for such an important game. He has no match fitness and only been training for a week. If he had been training in pre-season id say yes for sure but its too much of a gamble, and would be surprised if Wenger chose him over Oxlade or Campbell

As much as I cant stand him' date=' it sucks for Giroud to be injured for such a crucial game. Probably stick Alexis up front and have Joel/Ox-Ozil-Cazorla behind him.

If it is three months we will need to sign someone. Remy is who id want.[/quote']

Just heard it could be after new year! Surely it can't be that serious I mean he was walking about without crutches and no protective boot.

According to Serbian paper Sportski žurnal, Arsenal will sign Nikola Zigic (:o) on a one-year deal subject to a medical.

From what I've read, Sportski žurnal is one of the most reliable sources of news in Serbia. You can read the translated version of the article via the dodgy Google translate here. :)

Arsene's getting a bit desperate here. Heskey's still a free agent. :P

Arsenal were actually linked with a move for Zigic back in 2006, but Arsene preferred Lord Bendtner over him.

"No," replied the Arsenal manager when asked if he wanted Zigic. "I admit we have seen him, but we already have a young Zigic in our youth team. Bendtner."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-why-i-don-t-want-to-buy-nikola-zigic

Being compared to Zigic?! No wonder Bendtner's career went downhill. ;)