Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Hutchinson in midfield for Besiktas has been exceptional so far, the exact type of player you need in that DM area of your side.

First time I have really seen him play if this is par for the course he is an extremely useful player.

GET IN. awful performances and we need to be much better to get through the group stage let alone have a chance at winning

no offense but i doubt that, even if you play the absolute best football you are able to, you'd have any chances of winning the CL

no offense but i doubt that' date=' even if you play the absolute best football you are able to, you'd have any chances of winning the CL[/quote']

you dont have to, re Chelsea winning. You just have to make the other teams unable to play theirs :eek:

Odd performance. A lot of individuals to be happy with in a collectively mediocre one. Alexis, Kos, Wilshere, Debuchy and Santi were all good or very good. For whatever reason, we just didn't kill them off but they didn't trouble us massively. We were the cause of our own problems. I think we'll see better performances now.

Pedro Proença' date=' Last 9 Games 39 Yellows and 5 Reds.

From what I've seen of him at the World Cup I'd say he's a pretty decent ref.[/quote']

That referee was beyond a joke. Love to know his thought process on some of the penalty shouts' date=' non-fouls and particularly the red and Chambers' yellow :confused:[/quote']

The ref had a decent but slightly dodgy game and the cards are just racking up after today!

Honestly thought Besiktas were going to have us, No finger nails left after tonight!

The Chambers one is the one that got me. It must be the first time in history a substitute has been booked for being a substitute.

Watch every second El Clasico and you'll see it's not that uncommon.

Oh wait, this post won't catch your attention anyway, never mind.

Wenger apparently did THAT smile when asked about Falcao. The same one we saw when he asked if Ozil was coming in.

I'll just throw it in here :D don't shoot the messenger (I got it from twitter - the most reliable transfer source on the internet).

Wenger apparently did THAT smile when asked about Falcao. The same one we saw when he asked if Ozil was coming in.

I'll just throw it in here :D don't shoot the messenger (I got it from twitter - the most reliable transfer source on the internet).

Don't get my hopes up. :(

Also hearing we're very close to signing Toby Alderweireld.

Ditto but more likely. :D

Wilshere looked a different player tonight, however the fact is that he should have cost us a penalty against Everton and the same tonight. His reckless (less?) challenges have always been a slight issue but when you consider that had they been picked up they could have cost us a point in the league and our place in the CL we need to thank our lucky stars. :o

Here's to the last 16 boys! Crash and burn! :P

besiktas_zps58ab0dd5.jpg

Was 8 seats away from the Besiktas fans last night, boy they were a lively bunch.

Great atmosphere but we were clinging on for dear life at the end of the game.

Thought it would be a close one but that was a little too close for comfort.