Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Arsenal reaches 27 M for William Carvalho. Sporting willing to sell under the 35 M tab if there are certain Arsenal players involved (Gnabry and Coquelin amongst the wanted)

ill be in the minority here but i really think for 27 million its a massive waste of money for Arsenal he's a good player but relatively unproven in my opinion and 27m is a huge huge risk

Really mate??? Ah....that's excellent news' date=' although I'll believe it when he's holding the jersey up.....[/quote']

Those are the latest over here on the media :D

ill be in the minority here but i really think for 27 million its a massive waste of money for Arsenal he's a good player but relatively unproven in my opinion and 27m is a huge huge risk

Yeah it would be a gamble given the relatively high fee, but he has delivered everytime he climbed a step (from Brugges to 1st team Sporting and when assuming starting lineup in the NT). I'm of course biased, but I think the risks here are minimal for Arsenal and it's very good value money

Agreed. 27M, is it pounds even? And that with two good players moving to the other direction. I'm not even sure I would swap Gnabry to Carvalho directly, let alone add 27 millions to the deal.

The More I think of it, more I like the idea of Rabiot to Arsenal. He would be a direct replacement to Arteta, and just 19, or is he 20 now. Anyway: young, technically apt, great passer who doesn't lose the ball and who thrives in possession game, and possession adjusted tackles+interceptions at level with the likes of Schneiderlin and Arteta. It would be great for Arsenal, and although it would be PSG's loss even for the €15M, I have started to warm up for it because could be very good for Rabiot as I'm pretty sure he would start whole a lot of games as a DM for you guys, but still wouldn't be forced to carry the whole responsibility, as Arteta and Flamini would still be around and he could play with some other strong young talent and in front of a seriously solid defence.

I still think the best deal for Rabiot would be to prolong with PSG, though. But a move to Arsenal could be better than to AS Roma. Actually, I don't quite see what his role would be in Rome. Guess Garcia knows.

Anyway' date=' I stopped here to ask for any last minute team news. What does it look like for today's team? Any players seem tired? Pod to start? What's the defence line?[/quote']

Debuchy-Mert-Kosc-Monreal will be the back four today.

Pod likely to be on bench I reckon.

Ramsey to come in too but have a feeling Sanogo may start with Sanchez on the right.

Ox and Flamini likely to drop out IMO.

Szcz

Debuchy-Mert-Kosc-Monreal

Ramsey-Wilshere

Sanchez-Ozil-Santi

Sanogo

Ramsey to come in too but have a feeling Sanogo may start with Sanchez on the right.

Szcz

Ramsey-Wilshere

Sanchez-Ozil-Santi

Sanogo

What makes you think Sanogo will start?

What makes you think Sanogo will start?

Back on the bench mid week against Besiktas after injury and it's the sort of fixture Wenger will play him in.

I may be wrong but with Giroud out I think Wenger atm see's Sanogo as his no.2

Me personally would prefer Sanchez uptop but I think today it will be Sanogo with Sanchez out wide.

Szcz

Ramsey-Wilshere

Sanchez-Ozil-Santi

Sanogo

Also expect to see Ramsey and Wilshere flop in the game. Both of them can never start at the same time. It must be either

Flamini - Ramsey or Flamini -Wilshere. Obviously, the obvious choice it will be Flamini - Ramsey. However, I think Wenger will probably pick the one you predict.

Also expect to see Ramsey and Wilshere flop in the game. Both of them can never start at the same time. It must be either

Flamini - Ramsey or Flamini -Wilshere. Obviously' date=' the obvious choice it will be Flamini - Ramsey. However, I think Wenger will probably pick the one you predict.[/quote']

I've seen the three of them play well together

Wilshere

Ramsey Flamini

Or with Ramsey at right wing.

Maybe you mean they can't both play CM?

Like Gerrard and Lampard?

We need a sitting midfielder that's a no brainer.

£27m on Carvalho?

I'd rather have Khedeira for half that.

I don't know anything about Carvalho but for that fee and considering we didn't buy Fabregas this guy better be the next Vieira.

How does Carvalho compare to Pogba?

I've seen the three of them play well together

Wilshere

Ramsey Flamini

Or with Ramsey at right wing.

Maybe you mean they can't both play CM?

Like Gerrard and Lampard?

We need a sitting midfielder that's a no brainer.

£27m on Carvalho?

I'd rather have Khedeira for half that.

I don't know anything about Carvalho but for that fee and considering we didn't buy Fabregas this guy better be the next Vieira.

How does Carvalho compare to Pogba?

Exactly.

Can't see us getting Khedira now after Alonso went to Bayern. I am not sure about Carvalho either but apparently he is one of the brightest prospect in Portugal. If Wenger is willing to spend 27mil on him then he must have something special. After all, it's the stingy Wenger we are talking about.

Honestly I think the board signed Ozil.

Fabregas is a better player.

I would've bought Cesc and benched Ozil or rotated him with Cazorla on the wing.

I think Wenger will regret passing up on Baloteli.

I hope we have enough firepower to beat Leicester which is a shambles just thinking that.

If Ramsey doesn't score.... Who will?

Szcz

Ramsey-Wilshere

Sanchez-Ozil-Santi

Sanogo

nearly got it spot on... Flamini for Wilshere.

So Sanogo uptop with hopefully Ozil in the no.10 role.

Not sure why you tipped in the first place' date=' I just can't understand or even see Sanogo's potential. He is even worse than Adebayor.[/quote']

Can see something in him but we don't need his type at Arsenal. We need to steer clearly of big, gangly centre forwards.