Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Well' date=' after seeing things now I think we should be grateful we got Welbeck afterall. Wenger had Nikola Zigic as the other possible option instead. I would imagine a huge dissatisfaction on Wenger had we gotten him..[/quote']

source?

i really can't believe that even wenger is that tight fisted and blind.

basically, i can't believe it..

It's come from Zigic himself in the media' date='don't think anyone from Arsenal will ever admit it[/quote']

why did the deal fall through in the end?

thats actually embarrassing if it is true.

arsenal really have the potential to be challenging for the title, its a real shame they don't invest in key areas, it would make the title race wide open.

why did the deal fall through in the end?

thats actually embarrassing if it is true.

arsenal really have the potential to be challenging for the title' date=' its a real shame they don't invest in key areas, it would make the title race wide open.[/quote']

He's quoted as saying he was back up,in case the wellbeck deal fell through.

Highly embarrassing if true.

The fact that Wenger didn't sign a defender is shocking.

We're going into the season with SIX defenders. Kos/Mert/Chambers as CB' and will play a huge amount of games inc Cup. It is gross mismanagement at its finest.

Furthermore, the lack of a solid DM is astounding.

Once again we actually failed to address our weaknesses.

source?

i really can't believe that even wenger is that tight fisted and blind.

basically' date=' i can't believe it..[/quote']

"Everything that you saw in the press was true," IBTimes UK.

"My agent was talking with Arsenal but they finally opted for another player.

"We talked with them until the last few days of the market.

"I am very happy because Arsenal had me on their list. I would have liked it.

"Big teams always consider several alternatives before signing one."

Like what hog said.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9457012/transfer-news-nikola-zigic-confirms-arsenal-boss-arsene-wenger-made-enquiry

"Everything that you saw in the press was true' date='" IBTimes UK.

"My agent was talking with Arsenal but they finally opted for another player.

"We talked with them until the last few days of the market.

"I am very happy because Arsenal had me on their list. I would have liked it.

"Big teams always consider several alternatives before signing one."

[b']Like what hog said.[/b]

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9457012/transfer-news-nikola-zigic-confirms-arsenal-boss-arsene-wenger-made-enquiry

im half sad this is true, half sad it didn't happen.

could you imagine if wenger decided to go 442 and played yaya sanogo and zigic at the same time?

it would be beautiful.

Looking forward to this game tomorrow,after all the transfer window hoo-ha,and the internationals will be nice to watch a humdinging heavyweight prem game.

Huge game for you guys,will you step up and beat one of your top 4 rivals,or will it be more of the same as last season.?

Think Wenger will drop Ozil,and go with a more defensive lineup tomorrow,Wellbeck down the centre will be key to you guys.

Game on!

Looking forward to this game tomorrow' date='after all the transfer window hoo-ha,and the internationals will be nice to watch a humdinging heavyweight prem game.

Huge game for you guys,will you step up and beat one of your top 4 rivals,or will it be more of the same as last season.?

Think Wenger will drop Ozil,and go with a more defensive lineup tomorrow,Wellbeck down the centre will be key to you guys.

Game on![/quote']

Ozils a doubt for the game due to injury, as is Ramsey and koscienly. Arteta is back though. Dont see us winning without those three but hopefully all are good to play.

A win would be huge, more for confidence than anything. Looking forward to see welbeck. Seeing him on Monday got me excited. Hope it wont be a sloppy game as it usually iis after internationals. Cant wait :)

Ozil playing on the left is suicidal, but not much difference if Cazorla or Oxlade is on the left. With Navas and Zaba playing, Monreal will be pinned backed. That will be a key area imo, unless Welbeck is tasked to drop to the wings and help out. Milner is probably use to contain Sanchez if and when he troubles Clichy.