Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Interesting have not read this thread for a while, to see the huge numbers of Arsenal fans turning on Ozil and saying he ain't world class.

ironic considering how many of them said anybody who suggested he was not World Class when you signed him have changed your tune ;)

like Fern said though if you think you have injury problems double it for Dortmund who are not nearly the team they once were, I think you could well win tonight.

Yes' date=' if you happened to be a moron masquerading as a football manager.[/quote']
If you replaced Arteta with a brain damaged' date=' elderly hippo, we'd be better off.[/quote']

What happened to your banter and terrible humour you've gone stale is this what happens when you support Arsenal or is it just you going through a phase?

If you replaced Arteta with a brain damaged' date=' elderly hippo, we'd be better off.[/quote']

Totally agree , We would even do better if we sent you on!

What a disgraceful performance , The commentators saying that a few have had off nights but the entire 11 have been bad. Arteta well I would give him my first ever - infinity out of 10. I wont go through the whole team but the best arsenal players in that stadium are the ones who are sat on the bench B)

Szczesny - Probably his first ever good game in an arsenal shirt even with a few errors but that's perfectly normal it's Woijech Szczesny we're talking about.

Wilshere - How he gets to start after his diabolical performance vs City I'll never know.

Arteta - His usual performance absolute poo.

Ramsey - Struggling.

Podolski - should be starting LW every week. (Best player in that position, That's not to say he's brilliant or anything but he's the best we've got and is a lot better in that position than Ozil and ©Arshavin part Two.

Rosicky - Brilliant player so why isn't he starting?

Mkhitaryan - Arteta, Wilshere were awful and this guy is also on the list, He should've had 4 goals minimum.

Wilshere - How he gets to start after his diabolical performance vs City I'll never know.

I might come across as a bit of an idiot if the above is sarcasm.

You can't possibly be serious? Wilshere had his best game in an Arsenal shirt so far against City. How is a performance diabolical when you score a goal, get an assist and have an overall great game? Him and Sanchez were the outstanding players from the very first few minutes.

Edit: You probably meant Ozil. It would make more sense.

I might come across as a bit of an idiot if the above is sarcasm.

You can't possibly be serious? Wilshere had his best game in an Arsenal shirt so far against City. How is a performance diabolical when you score a goal' date=' get an assist and have an overall great game? Him and Sanchez were the outstanding players from the very first few minutes.

Edit: You probably meant Ozil. It would make more sense.[/quote']

Nope Wilshere is right ;)

Got passed a few players, He scored and made one good pass (not the assist) but that isn't a good performance for me he simply didn't do enough and was absolutely sheet.

Wenger should've made subs around the 60th and we would've had city easy peasy.

I thought Wilshere along with Koscielny were the two players to come out of last nights game with any dignity.

Szczesny to some extent but he went down to easily for the 2nd.

Ramsey I think Everyone has come to expect fireworks from him every time he plays simply down to his blistering form last season but every player has a few quiet games, I believe he will be firing again before long.

Ozil is simply being played out of position week after week so I find it hard to criticize a player who has played at No.10 for his whole career to suddenly be out on the wings, He isn't the quickest and pace is a vital ingredient for a winger.

Welbeck needs a few games to settle in and the goals will come from him eventually, people again expect magic to happen overnight.

Some of our fans criticism on the above players IMO is wrong. Right now if anyone deserves some harsh criticism it is Mikel Arteta, He is our captain yet had his worst game last night for us and still had the cheek to bemoan at the defenders when he was the one making mistakes.

His attitude stank last night and he was rightfully subbed off I hope we don't play him anymore to be honest as last night wasn't the attitude of a Arsenal Captain.

I thought Wilshere along with Koscielny were the two players to come out of last nights game with any dignity.

Szczesny to some extent but he went down to easily for the 2nd.

Ramsey I think Everyone has come to expect fireworks from him every time he plays simply down to his blistering form last season but every player has a few quiet games' date=' I believe he will be firing again before long.

Ozil is simply being played out of position week after week so I find it hard to criticize a player who has played at No.10 for his whole career to suddenly be out on the wings, He isn't the quickest and pace is a vital ingredient for a winger.

Welbeck needs a few games to settle in and the goals will come from him eventually, people again expect magic to happen overnight.

Some of our fans criticism on the above players IMO is wrong. Right now if anyone deserves some harsh criticism it is Mikel Arteta, He is our captain yet had his worst game last night for us and still had the cheek to bemoan at the defenders when he was the one making mistakes.

His attitude stank last night and he was rightfully subbed off I hope we don't play him anymore to be honest as last night wasn't the attitude of a Arsenal Captain.[/quote']

The problem I would have with Arteta,is,like Ozil,he is being played out of position.He is ageing and was never at his best in the holding role.Remember when he was at Everton,he was further up the field,likely to be past his best,but no the answer as a DM. Arsenal really needed to buy someone in this position,as much as a striker,imo..

The problem I would have with Arteta' date='is,like Ozil,he is being played out of position.He is ageing and was never at his best in the holding role.Remember when he was at Everton,he was further up the field,likely to be past his best,but no the answer as a DM. Arsenal really needed to buy someone in this position,as much as a striker,imo..[/quote']

No way is Arteta a Attacking midfielder, he passes sideways. He may have been in his younger days at Everton but he doesn't have the legs or the ability to play there anymore.

He isn't a holding midfielder but quite frankly he isn't good enough to be starting for Arsenal or possibly even a Top 8 club for that matter.

I really hope we sell him on in Jan and actually bring in a DM.

No way is Arteta a Attacking midfielder' date=' he passes sideways. He may have been in his younger days at Everton but he doesn't have the legs or the ability to play there anymore.

He isn't a holding midfielder but quite frankly he isn't good enough to be starting for Arsenal or possibly even a Top 8 club for that matter.

I really hope we sell him on in Jan and actually bring in a DM.[/quote']

Hit the nail on the head,he simply isn't good enough for the level Arsenal are at anymore.