Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

At the Emirates makes the difference. I doubt' date=' or hope, we'll be as dopey as City were.

That was the worst FA Cup draw I've ever watched. A dreadful host, a bird without a clue and a moron.[/quote']

I have very little hope of beating you at your ground but I felt the same with City...

I honestly want us to go down 2-1 and put in a hell of a display so it doesn't knock out confidence in the league as much as I love a cup run promotion is our 1st priority

Just seeing what the different opinions are on this one. What would you all class as a successful season? Would you class another FA cup and top 4 a good season?

If someone asked me that in the summer, i'd have said no. But the way we've been up and down this year i'd take it with a heartbeat. Also the possibility of going further in the champions league would be extra.

The FA cup is certainly there for the taking but as with any cup it's by no means easy. I have good faith of a top 4 finish to be honest, It'll be tight but we should have enough class and experience to do it.

As always at this time of the year though, we're scrapping for 4th. I can't wait for the season when we'll be genuine contenders again. I have hope...

Just seeing what the different opinions are on this one. What would you all class as a successful season? Would you class another FA cup and top 4 a good season?

If someone asked me that in the summer' date=' i'd have said no. But the way we've been up and down this year i'd take it with a heartbeat. Also the possibility of going further in the champions league would be extra.

The FA cup is certainly there for the taking but as with any cup it's by no means easy. I have good faith of a top 4 finish to be honest, It'll be tight but we should have enough class and experience to do it.

As always at this time of the year though, we're scrapping for 4th. I can't wait for the season when we'll be genuine contenders again. I have hope...[/quote']

3rd, semis in the CL and the FA Cup and the season will be salvaged. However, if you want regular tilts at the big trophies, Wenger would have to be removed.

Spotted it.

Cameron seriously injured himself in 2010/11 and missed most of the season, restricting his eligibility for the NT. 2011/12 season which we signed him at the end of he had started to establish himself in the NT and become a key player for them, missing one game.

Gabriel has been a key player for Villarreal yet is unable to displace the likes of Mario Fernandes in the Brazil squad.

You realise Mario was called up as second choice RB to Danilo? Which Gabriel isnt...

I was gonna reply to tell him that as well but I just decided to let it go because people will try everything to make you feel bad about your signing just saying :P.

If l remember correctly some people not pointing anyone out wanted sanchez to end up like ozil.....lazy and wouldn't cope with the pace of EPL because La liga is pretty easy.

Saw this poll on the Arsenal website:

Who do you think is Arsenal's best January signing:

Emmanuel Eboue

Sol Campbell

Jose Antonio Reyes

Theo Walcott

Andrey Arshavin

Nacho Monreal

http://www.arsenal.com/fansforum

I think for me its probably Sol Campbell and then Walcott (which is what the masses seem to also think).

Thoughts?

Saw this poll on the Arsenal website:

Who do you think is Arsenal's best January signing:

Emmanuel Eboue

Sol Campbell

Jose Antonio Reyes

Theo Walcott

Andrey Arshavin

Nacho Monreal

http://www.arsenal.com/fansforum

I think for me its probably Sol Campbell and then Walcott (which is what the masses seem to also think).

Thoughts?

Voted Arshavin. Okay he fizzled out in the end but my god was he explosively good for a while. Still Possibly my favourite single performance by an Arsenal player in the time ive been watching them regularly (last 5-6 years) when he tore up Pool at Anfield.

Could have sworn we signed Sagna in January?

If we're talking short term impact' date=' it's Shava by a mile.[/quote']

Nope he was bought in the summer. I think he was our only signing in that window.

My vote also goes to AA :D

Also Arteta signed a new one year extension. Not thrilled with this new tbh. We may not sign a midfielder in the summer then.

Nope he was bought in the summer. I think he was our only signing in that window.

My vote also goes to AA :D

Also Arteta signed a new one year extension. Not thrilled with this new tbh. We may not sign a midfielder in the summer then.

We don't need a new midfielder, we've got Diaby in reserve... on the treatment table... ready to play any season now.. (for 1 game). :P

Now Coqeulin has had a few games I'm sure Wenger will persevere with him if we're talking DM.

Arsenal are lining up a shock move to sign Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris' date=' according to reports in France.

if that day would come, i would cry tears of joy[/quote']

That would be HILARIOUS!

Fern going after Like a boas and Elohim would be the best reading, ever, in the history of reading, ever.

Arsenal are lining up a shock move to sign Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris' date=' according to reports in France.

if that day would come, i would cry tears of joy[/quote']

Should of signed when we had the chance too before he went to Spurs.

I highly doubt Daniel Levy will sell him to us now.

Mandzukic would be amazing although I can't see Atletico giving up on him

Not sure we need him tbh. I would only sign a striker in the summer if there of top quality. Theres only 4 or 5 out there. These are the ones that spring to my mind who are of top quality standard (not saying they're for sale):

1. Luis Suarez

2. Karim Benzema

3. Gonzalo Higuain

4. Alexandre Lacazette (on fire atm)

5. Edinson Cavani (not sure about him tbh)

Not sure we need him tbh. I would only sign a striker in the summer if there of top quality. Theres only 4 or 5 out there. These are the ones that spring to my mind who are of top quality standard (not saying they're for sale):

1. Luis Suarez

2. Karim Benzema

3. Gonzalo Higuain

4. Alexandre Lacazette (on fire atm)

5. Edinson Cavani (not sure about him tbh)

Suarez and Benz are obvious ones but Lacazette could be insane in your team.